Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy belated birthday Ginger hope you had fun, Facebook usually notifies me,but then sometimes they don't, it's warm here,was gonna take Louie to the park but he's just getting over strep and I don't want to risk him getting sick AGAIN, hope everyone is having a good Sunday
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the birthday wishes. It was a pretty quiet bday for me. I spent the day with Mom. Today we had a little party for all of us at the "home". Mom and her twin sister's bday is tomorrow. Yes, I was my Mom's bday present 59 years ago! What a present - right? LOL

Nothing profound to say... Just glad you are all here and checking in. Hope you had a great AF weekend!

Comment

:-) What is not said is more profound than any words.
        “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
        Newbies Nest Roll Call
        Toolbox
        Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Happy Birthday Ginger and Congratulations Lizann!!!!!

Sounds like everyone is doing well and enjoying their AFness. I like that.

Well, I've been looking at Jeeps the past year or so, debating on whether to get one or not. I've had 4 in my life and really enjoyed them all. So Saturday I took the plunge. I traded my truck in on a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara. It's red with a black hardtop (removable), it's loaded, has leather interior and all the bells and whistles. I really like it. I can't believe how much the damn things cost nowadays, but hey, you only live once, right?

Have a good week everyone! and cherish your sobriety.....

Don

Comment

oh man Chief - I am jealous!!! I love jeeps.
            It sounds fantastic and you deserve it!.

Good to see the gang is here.

Hang in there.

BG

Comment

Howdy all! A great morning to be alive and sober! I can't wait till the trees bud out and the tinge of green on them starts showing! The woodpeckers and geese are back, but I haven't seen my first gopher yet :-(

Chief, a new vehicle is always a treat! But I agree with the cost of them now! 4 years ago, on our 10th anniversary, I told Bubba I would but her a new vehicle. We have always been Ford people, and both of us drove trucks. My truck was worn out and I'd take her hand me down truck and she could go pick out anything she wanted. She took out a few vehicles to test, and ended up deciding on a Ford Flex. Watching the vehicle commercials, I'm thinking the next vehicle for her will likely be one of the Jeep SUV's, they are good looking and dependable units! Although I wish I was rich enough to get her a Lincoln Navigator lol.

Good to see most everyone checking in (great to see you back pauly!) and sticking with their quit! Have a great day/week everyone!
              Last edited by abcowboy; March 16, 2015, 08:12 AM.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hello friends, congrats on the jeep Chief yeah they're pricey but jeep's are like Honda'sand Toyota, they hold their re-sale value for a long time,went for a half-assed walk this morning but I figure it's something, the moon was a perfect crescent shape it looked awesome hello to all and let's kick Mondays ass! Back later

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Quick check in. Long busy day at work. I'm off to bed as I have a headache. Advil for me and I promise to post more tomorrow

Comment

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Congrats on the new vehicle chief! My son wants one. He needs to save up a bit more money.
                      Home today as I worked yesterday. Hubby is at our daughters townhouse awaiting some workers and CJ and my son are at work. It's just me and Lucy here. I must admit, I don't hate it. Food shopping, running on the treadmill.
                      Feeling very grateful today, it's my daddy's 86th birthday ! He and mom just want a quiet dinner at home. She made his favorites. We will pop in later. I have been so blessed to have this wonderful man in my life all these years:love:
                      Another cool rainy day. I so wish for some sunshine! Guess I will have to make my own! Happy Tuesday guys! No drinking for me today!!!

Comment

Hello friends, Happy St Patrick's day,, and happy birthday to your dad Liz86,that's great, slept horribly, dunno what I'm gonna do about the situation even if I went to the doc, those prescribed sleep meds end up not working after a while anyways, meh,same old same old, hello to all and enjoy your Tuesday I'll try to get through work Eeks!!

Comment

Happy Saint Patrick's Day. 🍀

Liz, happy bday to your dad. He looks great!

Pauly, I'm with you... I'm "meh" today too. Gray day and another one at the "home" with mom. I sure wish she'd agree to come home with me these next four weeks. Sure would be better for me mentally. This place is so depressing. ok... I'm done whining.

Have a great AF day everyone! I'll try not to be Debbie Downer when I come back.

Comment

I love my Jeep.......just sayin'

Comment

Hey - I made it here before midnight my time...
                              Sorry, been on the road all day, then had some work to get caught up on. Just now done. Gotta hit the sack.

Glad to see everyone checking in - Chief - you better be planning on taking us all for a spin around the block!

Comment

Howdy everyone! Nothing too much to say, things are good, life is good. Don, any plans on off roading with the jeep, or is it going to be your "baby" lol

Something Ginger mentioned the other day about having coffee together, and it got me to thinking about the old days, the very old days when penpals were the "online friends" I was just a young fellow maybe 8 or 9 and I had a penpal in Germany! My dad was fluent in German so he translated the letters for me. My penpal's name was Ute Albrecht, how I can remember that after some 50 years is beyond me! We wrote back and forth, and it wasn't till after a year that I discovered Ute was a girl! The whole time I had thought I was conversing with a guy lol. We kept our "writing friendship" for over 5 years, then just slowly quit writing. I wonder what it would be like to sit and have coffee with people we have become good friends with, yet have never met...a joy I'm sure!

Funny how when one gets to thinking, you just never know where the thoughts will lead lol. Anyway, have a great day everyone and remember to enjoy your freedom!

Comment

Working...
                                X