Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All across the boards, you'll never be alone! We're all here to help and support each other on our journey to sobriety. I take it you drank last night? Are you going to make this your Day 1? And be sure to ask any questions!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Uggh-a-lug! Yep, Day 1! Thank you! How many days do you have? Do you have any coping skills or tips for me? Thank you so much for caring! This is sooooo hard for me!

Comment

I posted a little about myself in the new introductions...admitting my truth is not my strength!

Comment

NewLife! I was exactly where you are one year ago. I lurked around MWO for two years trying to convince myself I didn't need to quit. That I could control my drinking as I watched myself lose control. My health was taking a big hit and I was fed up with the same old crap! I drank every night and woke up feeling terrible every morning. May 5 last year I finally took my last drink and hung on tight to the site for dear life. I think the most important thing that I did was check in here and post every day, usually a few times a day as a matter of fact. The people here are so accepting and supportive. Some have been here since the site was started and they are amazing "quitters"! My first few weeks of being AF (alcohol free) were brutal and there were many days that I almost gave up. I'd come here and talk it out and before I knew it I was getting past the horrible cravings. I'm not going to lie, this is the hardest thing you will do but I can promise you, if you stick to your quit, you will NEVER regret it! Stay close and talk as much or as little as you like but stay close. READ READ READ
          Glad you are here! We look forward to getting to know you.

Comment

HI Newlife - welcome.

You will find support and acceptance, and tips to help on all of the threads here on MWO. Glad you are here with us. But also join in other posts and you will do great. There is so much information here.

We are all at different stages, and all have slightly different stories- but all of us are trying to be AF.

We are here to help and listen.

Comment

I posted this on the gratitude thread but wanted to post it here also.

Wow - today I am happy. I always try to be a positive, upbeat person - but today I am bursting at the seams. I think it is due to the fact that I am on day 6 of this detox of chemicals and all processed food. I can’t even put into words and explain how happy I am... I love my house, my yard is so pretty, My family is fantastic, I like the way my clothes fit (that is a big change for me).

I remember once as an early teen, I went out to meet up with some friends at the school ground, and no one was there. So I got on the swing and was swinging higher and higher, and started singing "I am on the top of the world, looking down on creation..." out loud. I felt so free.... that is the way I feel today.

I am so grateful to feel this happy.

Comment

Thank you Ginger999,

I am crying as I read this! I will try to participate all I can!! I am proud of you....stay strong!!!!

Comment

I will try, thank you so much!!

Comment

NL (NewLife) I have been trying to quit for a year and a half, and countless promises to quit for the last 10 years! I had some good long stretches of sobriety in the past year and a half, but always found an excuse to binge it away! Now, with about 2 1/2 months sober, I'm determined to make this quit stick! As you've already heard, stay close, read, post, read, post, and repeat, there is little chance of you being able to do this on your own, let us help you however we can! It's just one day a a time...
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Ginger,
                      Belated congrats on banking 11 months! This chip is for you!
                      Xoxo

image.jpg
                      AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Beachygirl, I may have to try that detox, you sound great! Was it difficult to do? It's dr. Hymans right? I have got to look into it. Don't know that I could do without the caffeine. Dr hymans should give you a kick back for your endorsement! I am happy for you!
                        Cowboy, I thought for once I'd beat you here first. Maybe I did. Was the last post from last night? Did you oversleep today or are you looking for those Easter eggs?
                        Anyway, just a quick check in as I am off to great ready for church and then to sissys house, feeling very anxious about it. First holiday since I was found out and I feel all eyes will be upon me! I woke up feeling like this, took a step back and realized what this holiday is really all about and He will help me through. Sorry about the preaching guys, thought it might help to vent here.
                        Hope you all have a wonderful day. I hope to check in later.

Comment

You did beat me Liz! I was up early, but just texting all the kids! Oldest one is in Europe working (Vancouver is home for her), youngest lives and works in Nebraska, second oldest is in Vancouver as well, and sonny boy lives around here! My texting finger is shot lol. Happy Easter everyone!

Comment

Hi All, not sure if anyone remembers me, it's been quite awhile since I've been here. And I am desperate to be back. After seven months I relapsed and it's now over a year and I simply cannot function with the depression and anxiety. I have stared going to aa and it makes me feel worse but I am told it gets better. I am planning to seek counseling this week and I have to see my dr about something else so I think I'm going to fess up to her too. I look forward to joining in with you guys.

Comment

Hi Piper! Welcome back. We are always around and ready to help. If you were here before and had 7 AF months racked up, you know to head on over to the toolbox. Lots of stuff over yonder to help you create a plan of action for this (your last) quit. If you haven't, check in at the Newbie's Nest. Lots of long timers still checking in over there helping all of us Newbie's get where they are. Hope you have a great AF day. Stay close and we will help however we can.

Comment

Hi Piper! Ditto what Ginger said! Welcome home!

Comment

Working...
                                X