Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liz, being sober is great, it's just one day at a time anyway! And according to my sobriety calendar, your Day 1 is March 29, I think that's right?
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Morning friends!

Min, I'm so glad you are back. I know you want this quit so you will get there. The first thing I did in the beginning when I first started my quit was come here. If I felt like a drink, I'd come here and post it. Man oh man.... The support just poured in. Come here first before you take that drink and tell us. We can lift you up and help you stay AF. We can do this together and you know you willl never be sorry!

Mom made it about 10 feet on her OWN feet yesterday!! Whoot whoot! This is the first time since January 23rd that she's stood on both feet. Now if we can just keep her going a few more weeks, she will get home and hopefully back to normal. Through all this I give thanks that I'm sober and that you are all here for me.

Hope you all have a great AF weekend. Protect that quit no matter how many days you've racked up. We can never be too careful!

Comment

Hey all. Thanks for the warm welcome back! I felt ashamed to even come back before as I knew I was a fake.

I still am fighting off feelings of drinking. Thinking about where I can get my next drink and even considering billing to shop whilst hubby out. But keep reminding myself I need to do this. One minute at a time.

Thank you again for the warm welcome!
        cowboy- I whats app'd you. Did it come through? I may be needing hand holding in the coming days so if anyone wants to connect via what's app please PM me.

Oh baby up from mini nap- eh oh. Off I go x

Comment

What is what's app'd? I guess if I don't know, I don't have it. I get what you mean about where you're next drink is coming from. I'd like to help if I can, I am here for you. PM me anytime. You can do this!

Comment

MinStar, never be ashamed to come here! We have all been there and we won't critize you, we want to help!

Comment

Slipped up yesterday, but I am not going to let that stop me. I KNOW I am going to do this. Got up today with a new attitude. I am going to kick this!!!!

Day 1...

Comment

Great job coming back, Mama!

You guys NEVER stop coming back here. That's exactly why we are here. Please always come back!

Comment

Showered, dressed, and ready for the day!! Liz, What'sApp is a smartphone app to let people use their data to converse rather than sms messages. It's great especially when chatting internationally! I also have Imessage and BBM if anyone wants to stay in touch that way...

mama, so good you came right back, any reason for the drinks last night? Some reason or excuse that your AV came up with to drink?
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Lizann - it's an app you can download that allows you to message, send pics and videos to anyone on the world who has the same app.

I'm really struggling to not have a treat. I know I'll feel shit and I know I can't stop at one.

Ugh!

Comment

Well done on coming back mama. I didn't see your message when I just posted. You and I need to do this.

Bruce wats BBM I am also on i message.

Comment

BBM is for Blackberry users, but the app also is available for Iphones

Comment

Ah thanks. I'm totally a iKid. Love iPhones iPads and IMac. ��

Comment

mama, today is day 2 for me.

I hardly slept at all last night but was able to get up, shower, take my dog to the groomers, do some grocery shopping, and a short walk. I'm with you on the new attitude. It was so great not to have a wasted Saturday.

MinStar, do you give tutorials on iItems? I'm technologically challenged.

ab, started posting here and on the newbies nest with byrdlady and others. Plan on doing a lot of reading and posting.

Ginger999, thanks for the post about always coming back. Sometimes it is difficult because you don't know how people will respond but with the graceful attitude that you expressed it makes it easier. :happy2:

Comment

Never, ever be ashamed to come back here!getting rid of al is what's gonna save our lives, I've had more day 1's than I can even count but I've still dragged my sorry ass back again and again, Min,good to see you, please don't think of al as a "treat" it's a punishment! I'm not preaching and trust me I understand,as a matter of fact, I'm having thoughts of its Saturday, I'm bored,everyone else is drinking yada yada, it's all a fantasy, if I chose to drink, I'd be throwing up later, won't eat dinner, and the cycle would begin again! Cowboy, thanks for keeping track for us Ginger, awesome news on your mom,dang she's a little fighter,hello to all, it's Saturday alright stay strong so Sunday doesn't suck
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Forgot to say good job OH for NOT giving in to the ugly thoughts!didn't you feel so relieved this morning?on Monday when I was having a shitty day and I swore I was gonna drink but didn't, I woke up Tuesday feeling so good, I don't want that crap in my life anymore, told hubs that I was having thoughts but didn't give in he said a simple"thank you" made me happy
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X