Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ginger, it looks normal, so post away! What was the problem?
    Last edited by abcowboy; April 17, 2015, 06:42 PM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Howdy all! I'm glad to be done in that attic! It was a long, hot day up there, itchy as all get out from the insulation even after a shower! But relaxed now and going to spend some time with Bubba and Hank, so will check back in the morning! Have a great evening my friends!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning! It is sunny and beautiful here. I regret to say that I was not well behaved last night. I kept myself busy at the local pub. Ugh. Now I don't feel that great on this gorgeous day. As Byrdie would say, I have the GSRs. I didn't do anything wrong other than drink too much beer, but still.

Ok. So sad to have to admit that to this group but it is true. On the bright side, today will be AF. I need to stop this destructive pattern. Will be doing a lot of reading here today. Any tips on developing a plan? I just can't seem to commit.

Have a wonderful Saturday wherever you are . . .

Comment

Morning everyone! Today is another sausage making day at our son's, pepperoni and smokies for the summer! Then tomorrow the smoker will be running all day to finish off the process making all the neighbours envious lol And it looks like I'm hogging the thread! haha

Liz, things will settle down with the sisters, they are just showing their concern for you, it may seem a bit "smothering" at times, but that will pass. Did you talk to hubby about your thoughts on the meetings? Going to them just for him isn't the right way to handle it imo, maybe he can help you in the search for a better meeting, then he'll know you are still serious about quitting.

Pauly, you must be on to week six by now! Good going lady! Let's keep adding up those weeks one day at a time!

AG, how's it going for you? Getting over those initial stages in your quit?

OH, make sure the weather is great in your area so that Bubba and I can enjoy a good visit with the girls in Vancouver at the end of the month.

BG, haven't seen you in a couple of days, still busy? Working nights?

MS and Chief, where did you guys get to? Hurry back eh!

Not much else to say, been reading across the boards, a post here and there, but mostly reading and absorbing anything that helps me strengthen my quit. It's amazing how just one little thing in someone's post will strike home with me and give me a feeling of well-being. So no matter what you are feeling, post away, I guarantee it will help someone! Till later my friends.....

Ginger, I love freshly caught fish cooked with butter and onions over an open fire! My mouth is already watering lol

Comment

Missed you on the x-post AG! Maybe spend the day reading in the Toolbox? You should be able to find lots of tips to help you build a plan that works. And coming back here and being accountable is a great way to start! You can do this!

Comment

Hi guys - sorry I haven't been totally here.
              Working the new job as well as my hosp job - so busy.
              All is really really good. I am going to start another 10 day detox to really get this lifestyle of self care and healthy eating ingrained.

Out the door now- but will try to read and catch up later.

Comment

Quick check in folks. Sorry been busy with kids anniversaries and birthday parties. Lol

Haven't had a chance to read but will try catch up once kids are asleep.

Comment

Happy Saturday everyone! Looks like we are in the same place, a bunch of busy bees coming out during the spring thaw. And that is one of the tools that will help you actiongirl, stay busy with activities that you love that do not include AL. When you feel any urges/thoughts come here and read and post.

Staying busy myself and doing well, especially with the birds singing, snow melting and grass growing. It feels great! Here's to an AF spring everyone, we did awesome with the winter, let's keep it up!:hug:

Comment

Good morning! Busy day yesterday. Big sis came over and things were just fine. Went over to Erin's to show her their townhouse as she has not seen it yet. Hubs was there painting. Took the kids shopping. My son needs things for Switzerland . Walked outside as it was a beautiful day.
                    Lucy is beside me insisting I scratch her! Typing is next near impossible. I'll check back later.

Comment

Good morning everyone! Sounds like you are having a great Sunday so far Lizann. Just getting ready to go outside as well, taking the boys to the park as they will be watching hockey this evening. Go habs go! Hope everyone is doing well.

Comment

Hope everyone made it through Saturday night unscathed, I was still feeling like Shit so in bed watching lifetime at 7 pm last night haha,hope everyone has a lovely Sunday
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning everyone! Geez, sometimes I get so frustrated at some of MWO's features, especially the auto log off! I had typed out a long post, then when I went to submit it, I was logged out! And the auto save only had a bit of it. I know better, do long posts in Word, then cut and paste lol, no one to blame but myself.. I will re-type and post later.... it was about my experience with AA if anyone cares to read it...

But more importantly, I am not the "featured" guy today... Chief is...

Don on your 11 month milestone!

Comment

Good Sunday morning everyone! Made it through the first fishing/camping trip of the season AF. Not drinking isn't hard, being the only sober (sans hubby) is though. Not sure how much of this I'm going to do. I'll have to talk with hubby about this. It's his family so I need to find a way that doesn't hurt his feelings or just "buck up" and deal with it. On the positive side... got in a total of 25 miles of hiking with only 3 ticks (so far). Hoping I'm through finding the little devils. Yuk!

Posting on this phone makes me crazy going to go. Check in later..... Have a great AF Sunday!

Comment

ABC, I never get logged out. I wonder if it's your browser?? Have you tried using Google Chrome. I've completely stopped using Internet Explorer because of all the site issues I was having. Just a thought....

Comment

I never get logged out either, wonder what's up? Cowboy, I'd love to read the post Ginger, we're supposed to go to Ely in July, as you guys know my family are partiers with a capital P!I've gone before and stayed sober but I tell you, I get so fed-up,it's not the alcohol I miss, I miss a normal family I just want to take Louie to the Lake and let him enjoy nature, I don't want arguing, yelling, outrageous laughter over stupid stuff, I should just go and not say anything haha but I do miss them, grrr
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X