Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning. Not much to report since my last post last evening. Looks like another beautiful day. I'm still on such a high from a fabulous weekend. I was worried about the shower, it turned into such a non issue. I mean they gave us nothing to drink, just water! Not even coffee! I think that's odd, but it worked for me yesterday!
    OH, have you spoken to hubby yet?
    MinStar, yes I am sore, but a good, I worked hard sore. The yard looks neat and clean. Still another few flower beds to weed. Perhaps later today. We have 8 barrels of recycling!!! Hubs had to put down some new grass seed, as the salt from winter killed what was there!
    Food shopping in a bit. Not sure if I will walk or run today. Have a good Monday guys!

Comment

Not much to report here either atm,Monday is a hard one to get going for me, I think it's the junk food from my weekend just want everyone to know you're all in my thoughts, have a good day, will check in after work
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Well, well, well.... morning everyone! I was up all night getting ready for Ginger's big day today...

GINGER

CONGRATULATIONS on your 1st year of sobriety today!! You truly are the best!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning my friends! Today is day 365 for me. Seems like just yesterday that I gave up my drinking routine and joined MWO "for reals" (as my grandson would say). I'd tried so many times to stop but until I came here I'd only had (at most) 2 weeks AF. I don't think I've missed a day of checking in since May 4, 2015. I may not always post a lot but I always check in to read.

So if you are still struggling with this quit, make a commitment right now..... Just one thing....check in here every day as often as you can. When you get that urge to drink, come here first. Tell us first. Let us talk you through those feelings. If you make that one small step...come here first. Tell us what's going on so we can help.

I love you guys and I know I'd never be typing "365" today if not for YOU and the support you've given me. Have a great AF Monday and remember....come here first!!

Comment

Congrats Ginger! I am so grateful we are enroute together! Love you!

AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Great Job Ginger!!!! It seems like the year has gone by fast. We're all so proud of you and the way you handle everyday problems and stress' that occur. I'm glad to call you my quit buddy!

Been real busy around the house. Still working on the chicken coop, weeding beds, mulching, etc. No baby ducks yet but it should be soon.

Have a great AF day everyone!

Don

Comment

Good morning! I forgot to check in last night but had a beautiful time with the family. I finished getting my flowers done then we sat outside for dinner and just enjoyed ourselves. It is so fun to watch a lanky still growing 14 year old run around the yard playing with his dog.

Lots going on!! Ginger, I am so proud of you and want to thank you for continuing to motivate and inspire us. Great job!! Thanks for being here your posts are so helpful to me.

BG and our fit bitters - I made up for my slacker work days this weekend! 11,000+ on Saturday and 14,000+ yesterday. Yay! Felt great. BG - I appreciated your advice about not sitting down in the evenings to fight the boredom. I too have sparkling water. Need to get a lemon today.

OH - you're here, you're fighting, good for you. It would be so easy to get the "ferk-its" right now but DON'T! Then we'd have to chase you down or send out Lav's chickens, that could get ugly! Be good to yourself today, we care about you and want you here.

Cowboy, one thing I noticed last week that I forgot to comment on was you said neither of your daughters are heavy drinkers. That is such a celebration! I am so glad they have avoided this beast in their own lives. That is a big worry I have for my sons.

Have a great Monday all and I'll check in later.

Comment

Morning quitters! Not much time this morning, have to shower, pack up, and head to the airport to fly home, and pick up Hank!! I will definitely have more to share tonight when I'm sitting in my chair in my living room.. Have a great day everyone, today we have a quitter that we can always look up to and follow her footprints when the going gets tough!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hello all!

Good gosh! congrats Ginger! You're an inspiration. I hope you had a locker 1yr anniversary day!

Sorry super tired and in bed. Am about to fall asleep typing so just check in and check out.
                    Night all xx

Comment

Howdy friends!! Sitting in my recliner, in my living room, cold Coke Classic by my side, Hank enjoying a rawhide bone at my feet!

First, I have to say a HUGE CONGRATS to Ginger! I have some time now, and I just wanted to thank you for welcoming me to this thread way back when! You have been such a great example to all of us, showing us all how to keep up our quits amongst times of great adversity! If not for you, I think this thread would have died a slow death months ago. I hope you are having a fantastic day and evening!

I want to mention all of you, but for now I'll keep it short... I'll have lots of time during seeding season to stay caught up with everyone!

OH, I didn't mean to brush off your post, just wasn't in the right place to post properly. What happened? Was it something that triggered you or just a case of "to heck with it" I think it helps all of us if we can explain the events leading up to a slip.

So, I have to admit, this was the toughest time I've faced in the past 3 months! Every meal except 2 breakfasts were at restaurants or dinner parties. Condensation covered, ice cold beer glasses all around me. Wine glasses filled with white, red, and rose being enjoyed by so many, except me. Our visit was great and I would never give up the opportunity to be with my family no matter how hard it was on me. Bubba was a rock for me, never once ordering a drink! The girls and their guys had very little to drink, and sometimes none at all. But we can't stop everyone from drinking around us, we have to find a way to get through it. It made me realize that for the next while, I can't let my guard down! But more importantly, I have to share how important MWO was to helping me keep my quit. The whole time I was there when temptations were high, I thought of you all, and wondered how I would let you all down by taking that first drink. And I thought of Ginger, how would I be able to congratulate her on her achievement and in the same breath admit my failure!! You all saved my quit over the past 5 days by just being here! So to all of us, when you think you might want to pick one up, put your mind here, with your quit buddies, and say "No thanks, I don't drink" Thank you for being my lifesavers you guys, I couldn't ask for a better group of friends!

Last edited by abcowboy; May 4, 2015, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Welcome home Cowboy, well said, so glad you stuck with it, great job!!

Comment

Way to go Cowboy - and thanks to Bubba for being such a good support for you.

So glad you had time with your family and showed the girls how far you have come. They must be proud of you.

Yes - I agree - having the support here, knowing everyone here is cheering for you is amazing. The fact that we are all at different stages in our quits, and in our livese but can all help one another is truely amazing isnt it?

Kepp going friends!!

Comment

So proud of you Ginger! Well done Cowboy! Each day AF is gift, and thanks for reminding us with the quote Beachgirly, love that quote.

What happened was a slip and I'm still not sure how it happened. Lizann, Husband is talking again but I know he will not put up with much more. He has been dealing with my AL issues for 16 years and if I can't make this quit happen, my relationship/marriage/ life as I know it is in jeopardy. My marriage could end for good, although I know this quit has to be for me, not for anyone else.

Hope everyone is having a great week, am thinking positive thoughts from now on!!!
                            Last edited by open halo; May 4, 2015, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Quick post- great one Cowboy. Well done for not succumbing. Off to pick daughter. Will check in again when all asleep.

Comment

Hope everyone is ok. A check in before last feed and bed. Sorry oists been slow these past few days. Seem to be extra shattered!

Stay safe folks

Comment

Working...
                                X