Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pauly, I'm kind of slow and didn't get that you'd slipped. You made it 52 days! That's something to be proud of. Now get back up on this wagon with the rest of us quitters and keep going. This slip does not define you, girl! You want to stop and you will. Just get back here so we can support each other.

Comment

Darn- I did not get my 10,000!steps. I did get almost 8,000.
      Ended up having a very short lunch break and only a short walk.

This is one area where I really need help - so let's keep this challenge going.

PUSH me!!

Hi to everyone. Big hug Pauly!

Comment

Morning everyone! Another day, another dollar in debt lol. The old body and brain is accepting the new hours, a bit easier getting out of bed at 5 am this morning, but woke up to -2C and the water line to the camper frozen! So had to thaw that out first thing.

Welcome to our humble group Mr. V! This is a great place to share and learn, get all the support you need to make this your last quit!

Pauly, what happened? You were doing so good! This time around lets just keep adding to your numbers, I know you can do it and we'll all be here to help you through!

Best get a move on, still have lunch to make and be over at my tractor at 6:30. Have a great day my friends!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hey all, all I can say is DON'T Drink! It's not worth it, so stupid and depressing, I'm not sure what to do, how do I quit and stay quit? I wanted my 60 days dammit, if only I could have held out tomorrow I would have had it,my body can't handle this crap anymore and yet I did it,just so many triggers, stupid small stuff and of course one or two don't cut it for me, just fuels the fire,I just want to be happy, but I'm not sure I know what that is anymore
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
            Hey all, all I can say is DON'T Drink! It's not worth it, so stupid and depressing, I'm not sure what to do, how do I quit and stay quit? I wanted my 60 days dammit, if only I could have held out tomorrow I would have had it,my body can't handle this crap anymore and yet I did it,just so many triggers, stupid small stuff and of course one or two don't cut it for me, just fuels the fire,I just want to be happy, but I'm not sure I know what that is anymore
            Hi Pauly, did you come here first before you took that drink? Could you have messaged one of us? We are here for you!

Comment

Ginger, there's a lot of stuff I could have done instead, I made a bad choice, I CHOSE to get obliterated, that's it

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly,

52 days is as far as I got prior to this current quit. It was in 2012. 2 years passed until I wanted to try again. There was a lot of stuff in my life that changed in the time. I was drinking in part because so many BIG things in my life were ill fitting. My job was killing me, I was lonely as hell (living alone in a house with my then BF/now husband living 10 minutes away in his). Those were the biggies. I couldn't quit without resolving those uncomfortable situations. ( I didn't realize that at the time). First I made a plan to quit my job. Attached to that was getting married. (We'd been together for 10 years anyway- I was just scared to make the jump). What a difference those 2 things made. They were not easy decisions that came with cash prizes. Much stress & anxiety came with it, but boy am I glad I did it because those 2 major things had me firmly rooted in unhappiness. Can you identify anything in your life that is unhealthy for you, that you may be drinking over to tolerate?
                AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

I just want to be happy, but I'm not sure I know what that is anymore
                  PW - You have mentioned struggling with your moods before . . . could that be the barrier that jane27 refers to in her last post? I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds, I just want to see you find that happiness for yourself.

I know you know all of this but I'm also reminding myself as it applies to my "boredom" trigger. Is there a hobby that you used to like as a kid or young adult that you have lost track of through the years? For example, I used to do quite a bit of art as a high school student. I'm thinking of finding an art class to combat my trigger.

Well, I guess you are pretty clear that AL doesn't make you happy! Hang in there, this too shall pass. Thinking of you today.

Comment

BG - I think 8,000 is pretty darn good with your crazy work schedule!! See if you can get 10,000 today.

Mr V - 10,000 steps is roughly 4.36 miles according to the FitBit dashboard. I don't do that all at once but try to get that overall in a day. Since I have a computer job and that usually takes me two 30-45 walks and some stairs in between. If I'm short, I'll take the beast out again in the evening. I guess I'm pretty obsessed!! Love having the numbers.

Cowboy - be careful! Looks like a lot of work happening. Makes my job look like a walk in the park (pun intended)! Later peeps!

Comment

I wish I could quit my job Jane, too much baggage with that shop,I KNOW it's one of my triggers, probably the biggest one,the neighborhood has changed a lot in the past few years, lots of panhandling and gross people, I started there 12 years ago and started drinking 1 year later, I'm thinking there's a connection, I just need a healthier way to deal with stress

Comment

Me again . . .

This may not be everyone's style but here is a link to a free online course that came across my email. They have lots of courses available. This one looks interesting to me and I thought others in this thread may be interested in it too. I think I'm going to try it. Ok, back to work!

Comment

AG, that class is through UW were my gdaughter goes to college. Are you in WA state too?

Comment

Back again and so happy to see this thread going strong after all this time. I've been having fits and starts of non-drinking and have never repeated my big 100+ days of yesteryear.

I so want to be one of you who are encouraging everyone and staying sober.

Paulywogg, believe me, I know exactly how you feel.

I have entered Day one on my sobriety counter and would like to send out a special thanks to Ginger and AB Cowboy for not giving up on me.

Love you all.
                            "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                            Lao-Tzu

Comment

Evening all!

First off- Pauly- I am so out of it- I didn't get that you slipped on your quit. I though you were talking of a past one. So sorry! I agree with Jane 27 and others. What do you think is causing it and more importantly HOW can you change it. If it is stress at work- how can you manage that stress? Change shifts, not react to certain situations/people, walking, Bikes, Exercise- anything that helps you?

SS. Keep coming back and keep trying. It doesn't matter how many times. Keep trying.

Sending both of you hugs!

Aha, BG, Ginger, Cowbiy, Lizann and anyone else I've missed- hope you're all ok.

Thanks for asking- wee ones are well. Can't believe Baby is 7m. How did that happen. He is a right character. Already knows his mind and isn't afraid to show it.

I've been working out the last three days- Circuits, Pilates and started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred-if anyone wants to join.

Right better hit bed. Clients in the morning bright and early.

Stay safe x

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
                                Late check in today as I was called to work. That's a good thing.
                                Welcome back SS
                                AG, Thanks for the measurements, I probably got about 8,000 steps in yesterday, going for more today. Also read that the average steps a day by an individual is between 1,500-2000. That's just for daily living, work, but no exercise.

Cowboy, What are you seeding? Wheat?

Pauly, sure do know how you feel. I too have trouble identifying some triggers.

Comment

Working...
                                X