Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to join you all again. lease:
    I'm tired of being ashamed and hermit like. I am 'happily' sober right now. Seriously, I am happy that I'm sober. Not happy with a lot of other things going on in my life but happy about that. I need to start joining in with you all daily. It is so great to see you all here. :love: :hug:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey Nora, quit being a stranger! No matter what is going on in life, we still want to hear from you,I drank again! Today just dealing with a hangover that lasts 3 days, my poor little body can't handle this anymore
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Howdy everyone! I'm trying to get a schedule for being able to stay in touch with everyone while I'm working the long hours. Since mornings are busy for me and evenings I'm too tired, that leaves me daytime to post. So now I have to get comfortable with posting from my iPhone lol. So if this post is a mess you'll know why! Blame the phone lol.

SS, so nice to have you back!! Your post explains to a tee why we are all here and I look forward to seeing you everyday with your inspirational posts!

Welcome to our group TMH & Nora, I love this thread, and if you stick around, so will you! I'm usually in here a lot more, but with seeding season in full swing, my time is a bit limited but I try to check in everyday.

Liz & Mr. V, in answer to your questions, this year we are seeding beans, wheat, oats, barley, and canola. We start at 6:30am and go till 10:00pm, 7 days a week. Rain is the only reason we would stop. This year because we now have 2 tractors and air seeders, we should be done in about a month.

Ginger, 2 thumbs up for the winery occasion without caving! It shows all of us that time indeed strengthens our quits!

Chief, nice to see you again! The duck family was spectacular no doubt!

Paula, you're being hard on yourself! You have the desire, now we just have to work on your determination! You just can't let yourself find an excuse to drink, and that's all it is, excuses.

MS, I'm guessing you feel a bit lonely here, but don't give up on us! We are here for you as well even with the 7 hour time difference lol

BG, OH, & AG, I haven't have time to read back far enough, but sounds like you're all doing great and getting into the fitness spirit! Good going gals!

Enough for this attempt at doing this on my phone, we'll see how awful it is when I post it, if I can figure out how lol. Be brave everyone, courage and determination will get us through!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi Nora, glad you joined us. I think we have a lot in common. Well we have elderly Mom's in common and it sounds like she's on the west coast. Is that right? Anyway... glad you are here!

Just got home from a hike in the mountains so need to get some food going. I'll try and check in later!

ps. ABC, great job on posting from your phone. I find it brutal!

Comment

Checking in after a lovely dinner at my 83 year old uncle's place in downtown Ottawa. He lives in brand new condo overlooking the parliament buildings and the river that divides Ontario from Quebec. His partner is going back home to China for the summer and he cooked us a fantastic meal of shrimp, pork and chive dumplings. They were delicious. He is a non drinker. My uncle and hubby finished off a bottle of red and they put the bottle within reach on the dining table. I felt uncomfortable and faked a slight headache as my excuse of the night. Hey, whatever it takes, right.
            Last edited by SoberSoul; May 9, 2015, 08:48 PM. Reason: forgot something
            "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
            Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hi gang, sorry for the late check in - I cannot even blame work this time.
              I was just having too much fun in the sun today. I got to the market again, and bought the cutest necklace with my children’s initials on it. (spoil myself).
              Also got those doggies out for a walk and clock up some steps. gotta keep up now that the challenge is on.

So good to see some "new" friends. I know you have been around, but good to have you here with us.

SS your post was so amazing. I love the way you write. You also seem to really know yourself and I find that inspiring.

Sounds like we are all keeping busy right now. Great stories of seeding, baby ducklings, hikes, slips and climbing back up. so good to be part of all your lives and to be able to share this journey with you all.

Ginger - a winery?? Amazing. That would be impossible for me right now. I found the market stall easier this time, and did not even look at them. Lineups to get that free little sip of wine....not me !

My wonderful Mom is taking a bunch of the family out for lunch. She wanted to treat this year. How cool is that. There will be 4 generations there for lunch. My 14 yr old grandson (that lives with us) is her great grandson. He is so lucky to have this time with her. I think I might even put on a dress for the occasion. hehe - actually I love wearing dresses and I am always looking for an excuse.

Happy Moms day to my mommy friends. Have a special day

BG

Comment

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Just about to head out the door, said Happy Mothers Day to all you wonderful ladies, mothers or not, and I almost forgot about Chief's bb birthday!!

Don!

Comment

Happy Mother's Day to all you out there getting the job done! It's the most important job you will ever have. Doing it sans AL is the best gift you can give those you love but more important, it's the most important gift you can give yourself.

Stay close/stay sober. Love you all so much!!:hug:

Comment

Hello all & Happy Mother's Day to all the Mother's/Sister's/Aunts, and everyone else that loves a child.

Taking it easy today. (What else is new. :harhar: )

Not much on the agenda today. My son just got up and has to get ready for work. Can't remember if he's working at 2:00 or at 4:00. Hopefully he'll get a lot of good tips today.

Thanks for letting me join back in here. I'm hoping that my head is going to stay screwed on straight (or at least I'll have enough brains to come here and ask for help!!)

Cowboy, great that you are posting on your phone!! What long, long days you have. WOW!!!!!
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy Mother's Day everyone! A big congrats to Chief!!!! That is a big celebration!

Welcome Nora, this is a great thread, glad to see you here. Hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. It has been so productive and a happy one for me, once again reinforcing why AL needs to stay FAR AWAY from me.

After my last relapse, I've thought about comments about serious change only coming when someone hits their "rock bottom". When I've read over the thread " You know you are an alcoholic when...", so many of the posts I relate to, I've hit the AL bottom so many times in my life, my body, my mind and soul are bruised all over. Maybe it's never about reaching that rock bottom for change to happen, but finally realizing that your worth it and that you can reach and attain the stars !!! Here's to a better life that we all deserve :hug:

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY. :love:

Comment

Originally posted by open halo View Post
                          After my last relapse, I've thought about comments about serious change only coming when someone hits their "rock bottom". When I've read over the thread " You know you are an alcoholic when...", so many of the posts I relate to, I've hit the AL bottom so many times in my life, my body, my mind and soul are bruised all over. Maybe it's never about reaching that rock bottom for change to happen, but finally realizing that your worth it and that you can reach and attain the stars !!! Here's to a better life that we all deserve :hug:
                          That sure hits home with me. Thank you for this post! :hug:
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I read this last week and it resonated with me, especially after my last slip, thought I'd share:

A boy was visiting his grandfather and the grandfather was telling the boy that everyone in life has 2 wolves, one that is good and pure , while the other is evil and wants you to do wrong. They battle all your life for dominance over your actions. The grandson asks his grandfather "which one will win?." To which the grandfather simply replies, "whichever wolf you feed."

And did that ever hit home for me.
                            Last edited by open halo; May 10, 2015, 03:44 PM.

Comment

I have been having this phrase going thru my head.......

"Quit Quitting!"

There are many variations on it but they really hit home..........

“You would never know what you are truly capable of until quitting is no longer a way out.”
                              ― Edmond Mbiaka
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora, I have another twist on those sayings and it suits our thread... no quitting on your quit eh!

Comment

Working...
                                X