Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AG, please don't go!!! This is where you need to be IMHO. I for one find acceptance for my failures here and also for my accolades!
    So last night I went out to dinner with some friends I haven't seen in awhile. I did not drink and neither did sissy. I heard my one gf ask sissy, oh you're not drinking? Sissy simply replied no and that was that. I'm sure they are wondering. Anyway a lovely Cuban resturant by the NYC skyline. I was fine. I did longing look at the sangria on the next table, they didn't finish it! The waiter took away half empty glasses and pitcher. That would've never happened with me. Anyway brownie points for me.
    Update on my son, the elation about his visa has subsided. He tried yesterday to no avail to get an appt with the Swiss consulate in NYC. This process is impossible. So today we are back to not sure if he's going. My poor baby.
    Anyway, hoping to get in some pool time, but right now it's cloudy. My boys just got home and want to hear the gossip from last night! Love my boys:love:
    Check back later.

Comment

Hi all, thanks for the support. PW, remember that was not about you, I had been thinking about my impact on others for a long time. Even PM Ginger about it awhile ago. I'm here. I'm listening. What great posts.

I pick up hubby this morning. There is NO wine in the house. It will be a good day.

Get your steps in peeps!!

Comment

Pretty quiet around here. Hope everyone is well this fine weekend. Hiked up near an active volcano yesterday. Hasn't blown in 35 years but who knows! Last time we hiked there it was rumbling and I wasn't too keen on sticking around. Yesterday all was quiet.

Have a great day all! Read/Post/Read

Comment

Morning - another beautiful day here!
          I took a LOA from work - to help son study today. Yesterday went pretty good.

Ginger - you should post pictures of Mt St Helens on here - sooo pretty.
          Glad you were able to get out for a hike and rejuvenate !!!

Comment

The pics on Facebook were beautiful Ginger that must be a grueling hike? Hi Beachy
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Ms Pauly - are you stinking hot in Vegas?
              What are you up to?

I will be so glad when exams are over for son.
              Then my list of "grad" chores starts
              Last edited by BeachGirly; June 7, 2015, 08:35 PM. Reason: Change drinking to stinking - major spell check error!

Comment

Hope everyone is doing well, have been busy and know the importance of posting to remain on top of the best life we can have!! sending hugs to everyone.

Comment

Hi everybody!! Home from the farm, hot and dry still! Hopefully get some much needed rain this coming weekend if the forecast is accurate.

Ginger, I agree with the others, the pics of the mountains are gorgeous! Don't know how you do all that hiking, sounds tiring to me lol.

OH, nice to see you back! Keep it up girl!

BG, Grade 9 is still considered Junior High there? It was when I went to school as well, but here in Alberta, Grade 9 is now considered High School.

Liz, not sure how you're staying patient with all that Government bureaucracy, I would have gone crazy by now! Hopefully it all works out in the end for him. When is your cruise booked for, soon?

Pauly! (a bit late I know)

And just where are all the rest of the Quitters?? A bit slow here for sure! Have a great day everyone, no quitting!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks Cowboy

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly, I forgot to mention, that is a great pic of you guys at the restaurant!! And, I did notice the big glass of iced tea in front of you!! :hug:
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hey Pauly - how many days???

Cowboy - my son has been at a catholic school since kindigarten.
                        This gang of kids has been together for 10 yrs. This is a huge change for them as they are all going in different directions now. I am super excited as I just made the last payment for school ( here in BC we pay for the catholic school)

What a beautiful weekend here - hope everyone had a relaxing w/e

Comment

Yes cowboy, I noticed the iced tea too! We are leaving July 3rd. My son will try to contact the consulate tomorrow again. He is only "allowed" to call between 10:45AM and 12:45PM. Please say a little prayer he actually gets through tomorrow? Had a great weekend. Busy and sober. I am feeling very accomplished. Busy week ahead. Tomorrow I am working early until late. Then I will be highlighting both my girls hair, my sisters and mine! Pauly I'm buying the cheap stuff again! Anyway, I find I do much better if I'm busy. Funny I never realized that boredom was one of my triggers, I do believe that's the case. Anyway have a good night guys!

Comment

Morning everyone, up early today, have to head for Edmonton for material...quite a few stops to make. Pulling the cargo trailer as the truck won't hold everything. Another day in the life...lol

BG, I went to Catholic school as well, up until grade 10, then combined High School... I'll never forget Sister Ann, my grade 1 teacher, she always carried one of those round pointers and was forever cracking my knuckles with it when I used my left hand to write, guess the devil was left-handed lol.

Liz, said an extra "Our Father" this morning, for your son and the victims of your hairstylist skills haha.

Pauly, you got this girl! From your other posts around the boards, it sounds like you really are sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Min, where you hiding? Things okay in your part of the world?

SS, how's the visit with mom going?

Nora, hanging in there?

Ginger, not long till you swim in the ocean! Got the RV packed and ready to roll?

Chief, how's the henhouse shaping up?

AG, how did the homecoming go?

Probably missed someone, sorry if I did, have great one my friends....need I remind you..........

Comment

Hey all. Skim reading before picking up diaghters.

Have had an Appauling week of drinking. Just really been having a good few each night. Nothing to say about it other than usual triggers- tiredness, treat for getting through the day, crying babies. You name it.

I'm starting again today- on a good note I did manage 5/7 days of 10k steps!

Will be back later. X

Comment

Hey all,having a rough go with anxiety and trying to calm down,my oldest daughter is driving me insane!a few years back she worked security, she was smoking"spice" so she could pass the drug test,she quit that and now smokes weed and only works sometimes as a webcam girl,we kicked her out 2 months ago and she was living with some guy,they fought now she's been back here driving me up the wall with her horrible attitude and laziness, its affecting my peaceful home life and I just don't know what to do,I really think she needs mental help,hub's brother has schizophrenia and she's displaying some of the ways he acts,I just need to chill,sorry for unloading, just overwhelmed atm

Comment

Working...
                                X