Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, hi BRI,where you been girl?weird day for me,I woke up feeling sick,as a matter of fact I felt hungover?same grogginess, headache, dehydration, it was so weird,hope I'm not getting sick but with me who knows, definitely quitting the nasal spray the doc has me on for allergies, makes me dizzy and I get flashes of bright spots, plus makes me anxious don't need that,didn't use it today and I feel better,hope everyone's day is going well, I'll stop by later to see Waz up
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey all.
      Paulywogg it's been a while. I do hope you're feeling better today.
      I made it through day 1. But man oh man. I feel like SUCH CRAP today. Like hangover x 100. Okay maybe I am exaggerating a bit but honestly. It looks like I drank all night or something and I didn't. Hope this feeling passes.
      Onto day two. Although that persistent, annoying beasty voice is trying to say "hey if u feel like this when not drinking u might as well drink! a glass of wine might do u good tonight!"
      hahah yea......right.

off to my boring old job now.
      gawd i hate it here.

Comment

Hey guys, Bri, you're still detoxing you know that, this ain't our first rodeo haha,pound down the water feel better than yesterday, skipped the flonase so I think it was that making me feel"off" need to clean up my bedroom, had a mini fridge for my lunch stuff up here to hide from the kids and it broke down, so now there's dust and things I had piled on it on the floor,at least the fridge never held beers,to scared hubs would find it in there haha,hope everyone has a nice Wednesday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

It's a rare occasion to wake up to blue sky on the Washington coast but none the less, here it is. It would make it a whole lot easier to leave if it were it's normal foggy/drizzle. "/

Mom had a major melt down while I was away. I called every night but it still wasn't enough. Last night if I were a drinker, I'd have tied one on. She was just out of control saying angry, terrible things about my sister (none of it true). I'm afraid it's the new meds. Will check with doc if it doesn't improve when I get back.

I WANT MY LIFE BACK!

Hang in there everyone. Off to pack. Check back later.

Comment

Jeez Ginger,hope mom's OK,keep us posted

Comment

Ginger, glad you're staying strong and I hope everything goes well with your mom. It's amazing how easily our bodies and minds are thrown out of whack by any kind of imbalance. Please hang in there. Like you, when I wake up to full-on sunshine in San Fran, it seems freakish. I like the morning fog & cloudiness to ease into the day.
              "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Quite here today,where is everyone? Didn't get my 10,000 steps today will make an effort tomorrow, Bri,did you go straight home?feel sleepy this afternoon, small cup of coffee needed

Comment

Made it home. Mom said she was just having a bad day yesterday. We will see.

Didn't get my walk in before we left the beach and it's 95 here so no walk today. I just road 4.6 miles on my recumbent bike so that will have to do for today!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Comment

Oh boy Ginger - I hope this works out. And I hope your sister realizes what is going on.

Just work for me - nothing exciting to report.
                    I have been reading a book on neuro linguistic programming. Basically your subconscious mind. So if you tell your self happy thoughts, then you feel it, then act happy - this is what we have all been talking about. Google NLP

Comment

Ginger, hole mom is feeling better and you get this sorted out. Is she just really frustrated? I'm sure you all are. Hang in there. Was it hard not to drink or just a passing though? Just wondering.
                      BG, I will look that up. Feeling a little down tonight so a happy mindset would be in order.
                      Not much else to report here. Home tomorrow. I may go to help CJ at the cafe tomorrow. It's supposed to rain, you know, because I'm off!

Comment

Liz, It was more of a thought that if I were the same person I was a year ago, I'd have my head in a wine bottle. I didn't feel at all like I wanted to do that just thought of how it used to be. It would have been a great excuse! Wacky addict brain thinking.

I take Mom to therapy tomorrow so I'll get a better feel of what's going on. Was it just my being away for five days, is it the new meds, is she just fed up..... ??? Whatever it is, I'll get it figured out.

Comment

Evening everyone! Like BG, not much new to report here either...but that's a good thing eh! Ginger, just wondering if your mom has been screened for dementia? Her actions sound a lot like my FIL, after he was diagnosed with dementia and put on proper meds, he was his old self again. But he did some wild stuff way out of character for him and I seemed to be the only one that noticed.

I came across an article that I found interesting regarding the recovery process. Thought it might have some helpful info for some, so I'm posting it . It's based on what researchers believe to be 6 stages of change alcoholics go through when recovering. I thought they were pretty accurate...

The six stages of the model are:

1. precontemplation
                          2. contemplation
                          3. determination
                          4. action
                          5. maintenance
                          6. termination

The article: http://psychcentral.com/lib/stages-of-change/
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Greetings -

Bri - how did things go today?

Ginger, wow sorry about your mom and hope its just a wacky reaction that they can straighten out soon.

I was gone AGAIN for work but that is it for the summer. I'll work through next week and then will take some time off. I'm looking forward to just focusing on my family for a bit. I just looked up my Fitbit dashboard and I have about 5 days where I got 9,500+ steps but not 10,000. Unacceptable!!! I need that bar to turn green! Argh . . . PW, I'm with you, going to try harder tomorrow.

Where's Min??

Cowboy, how's Hank? Staying out of trouble? Thanks for the article. I'm off to read it and then turn in. Take care all!!

Comment

Hmmm...ABC, that's something I haven't even considered. Thanks for mentioning it.

Comment

Morning all!
                                I here Action Girl! :wave: you sound like you're busy and doing well!
                                Interesting link Cowboy. I think I'm stuck between 2/3. Ugh!
                                Ginger- sorry to read of your mums behaviour. I hope she is better once she is seen by docs.
                                Bri- hellos! Hope you are staying strong- have you managed a few clear days?
                                Need to put little man to nap so I'll keep it short!

Have a lovely day all.

Comment

Working...
                                X