Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Everyone. Day 3 for me here (again). Yesterday I definitely was feeling lousy. Today it's not so bad. So I am doing well enough at this point. My test will be the weekend.
    Thanks for the link cowboy I will be sure to check that out.
    Actiongirl! I was thinking of erring a fitbit or jawbone, worth it?? I work at a desk allllll day. Definitely not an exciting life I lead and so boring too. I need more intellectual stimulation.
    However.
    Off I go to feed the pups and get to work. Have a good day everyone!

Comment

Well done Bri! Keep them days adding up! :hug: Will get a longer post in tonight, but also nice to see both Min and AG checking in. I wonder where OH has been....or the rest for that matter. It's not the first day of summer till Sunday, but Bubba played Pauly last night and gave me my summer haircut, 1/4 guide on the clippers and in 5 minutes hair was gone, love the LBR cuts! Oh, one other thing...

Not saying who this is for AG, but me thinks a month has gone by!
      Last edited by abcowboy; June 18, 2015, 07:44 PM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hey all,Cowboy, those are my favorite haircuts to do at work, easy money I have a question, kinda nosey but do any of you take antidepressants?seems like my mojo always plummets around this many days away from booze,I really would hate to go on them, but maybe that's my missing link?maybe I should just work through it? I dunno,hello to all,back layer
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Back to reality today and HOT weather!

Pauly, I take 5HTP for depression when needed. My naturopath recommended it. I've never taken prescription meds for depression. YET!

Hope everyone is staying strong and quarding their quits! Stay close my friends. :O)

Comment

Ginger,I take that sometimes too but it tends to make me sleepy, dunno if my idea of happiness is a reality or if I'm expecting to be euphoric all the time, which is unrealistic anyways,was on Zoloft 8 years ago, gained 50 lbs,and felt zombieish,not sure I want that again, grr,thanks for the reply,hope moms OK

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hmmm.... 5HTP doesn't make me sleepy. GABA sure does though. Eventhough it made you sleepy, did you think it helped at all? I'm kind of with you on "what is happiness". I think sometimes my expectations are too high!

Comment

Hey all.
                Interesting thoughts on happiness. I have been thinking of this a lot. I know AL is a major mood effector. I always feel hard done by- always working, kids, house etc. When really I need to stop and take a step back. Look at what I have and be happy for our health. It's something I've got to figure out too. High expectations and perfectionism is my fall!

Day1 done. Thoughts of AL strong today. I had to eat dinner at 5 with the kids to keep me from
                Ordering take away with a bottle :-(

Cowboy- new hair do- is this for the summer. Lol

Comment

I don't take antidepressants. But what spurred this quit again was being told I wouldn't be helped with my ever worsening OCD and anxiety unless I quit. :/ and it is only getting worse. Not sure. Might need to go on meds. I was on a bunch of meds when actively drinking a few years ago and that didn't help obviously.
                  I hear Tyrosine is good. As well as St. John's Wort. Although possible contraindications with meds and SJW.

Good job Minstar.
                  I am really thinking of AL tonight. So popped some L-Glut. Hope it helps. People are pissing me off today!! Lol!

Comment

Guys - happy thoughts.

Check out. Ahaments4u.com

Also check out NLP - it shows us how we can train our subconscious , so that we can then be happy

Comment

Big fat hairy cravings this afternoon, where the hell do they come from? I haven't craved any then it hits,luckily I had a doc appointment as a distraction and its passed but I frickin hate that feeling! I almost can't think straight when I'm like that,yes Ginger,I do think 5 htp helps,I usually take it at night,I also take a mood supplement during the day but I'm not sure its working, some days I'm happy, others feel like shit,in my case I'm positive its crap diet and lack o exercise, if you remember back I was having horrendous sleep probs,only getting like 4 hours a night,so I'd walk....a LOT, now I sleep great and miss my walking window in the morning, need to get some mojo in the afternoon but bleh,don't wanna sweat haha

Comment

BTW,doc says she doesn't think I need ad's at this point,says if I'm only down at monthly time(sorry Cowboy) that its normal but if it keeps up we'll see, also I'm upping my vitamin c to see if it helps my sinus woes plus I read its good for alkies, we shall see

Comment

Comment

Pauly, not to worry... I survived those times through 2 wives and 3 daughters, but I feel for you ladies!
                            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hey guys. I have been taking lexapro for a few months now. It most definitely helps the aniexty, the happiness thing is another issue. There is no euphoria. Exercise and diet seem to lift my mood tremendously! The first few days after a quit are the absolute worst, though AD or not. Pauly, I had a craving yesterday too, out of the blue. Someone at work mentioned getting a kidney stone on vacation, that literally got my mind going on overdrive. You know, because I'll be away in two weeks. I didn't give in, but boy it doesn't take much.
                              Went to help CJ at the cafe today. It was fun. The customers love her already, but then again she is sweet and awful pretty! My parents live close by so I spent some time there. Mom was making her famous delicious chocolate layer cake, I got to lick the bowl, just like when I was a kid. Truly took me back, I was so content and happy. Went shopping and bought 2 new dresses for the cruise! Outside of a little tummy trouble a fabulous day!
                              Cowboy, Pauly, I got my hair cut today too! Off to bed, as tomorrow is my early day and a busy one at that, UGH!
                              Good night guys, sweet dreams!

Comment

Originally posted by BeachGirly View Post
                                :happy2: I'm smiling! Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X