Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BKYogaGurl, It IS tough! Looking back at my day 3, I remember so well because that wasn't too long ago for me. I can say this for a fact, if you can hang in there and let your body begin to heal, it will get so much easier. I felt like complete crap for the first two weeks. I kept asking myself if it was worth the effort but I kept coming back here and hearing that it was. Try to persevere and you will be rewarded. Check in as often as you need to and especially when you don't want too! Post, post, post. It will help and it will get better and it is so worth it.

Comment

Never give up... I kept wondering what the aches and pains I was having in my legs and arms and it was scaring me. Now been totally AL and NF free for a descent spell and interesting but my legs feel better, my shoulders and arms feel better and not to mention my stomach. I wonder if there was a connection?
      Of course there is and I like the way I feel now much better of the other way.
      Thanks all for being there.
      FT
      AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
      As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Day started out great! Felt strong and upbeat. Came home to a very sick little doggy. So easy to slip back I to old habits. I don't know if I can do this tonight.

Comment

Thanks Ginger-

Anxiety is finally starting to subside a bit and I hate waiting for it too. I have pills I could take but I want to remember how this feels and how I don't want to feel...
          I will keep coming back and keep trying... I WILL...
          I will be glad when this week is over...

Comment

Liz you can. And you just have to keep reminding yourself of that because once you say you can't that's it. Of course that's also the hard part and why we're here for each other. So ...

You can. And so can I.

Bk, it's just a moment in time and just one of those things we have to let pass like a leaf carried away on a river.

Got to the Dojan today after many days absent and feel good but achy, stomach still not happy with me since Sunday. For some reason after I do something good for me I want a drink but I've got the celery juice and a book.
            “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
            Newbies Nest Roll Call
            Toolbox
            Cattleman Cafe

Comment

What about combating the anxiety with endorphins bk? Some cardio?
              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
              Newbies Nest Roll Call
              Toolbox
              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Orimus- what a dojan?

Worked out pretty heavily today so I only did 20 of cardio... And I ran 4 miles yesterday with a 3 mile walk cool down...
                My alcohol Anxiety is just something that had to subside by itself.. Dang it I think tomorrow will be a brighter day and by Monday I should be in pretty good shape and will quit complaining.

Comment

Lizann, I fought the dreaded uncle AL tonight and tonight I won and he left empty handed.
                  You can do this, we can do this.
                  FT
                  AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                  As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Missing the connection with you all...way to go Ginger and SS got your blogposts today and you are looking great...everyone else including myself...we gotta hang in there..I am not dealing with stuff well..feel like crap! Again I don't have as much access to internet in summer but thinking of you all....Sending you all strength...

Comment

BK, same thing as a Dojo only Korean. Dropped the final g somewhere. Martial Arts.

Newbies Nest
                      Newbies Nest Roll Call
                      Toolbox
                      Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Oh duh.... I was thinking that in the back of my mind but it wasn't coming forward...:H

Comment

Day 18 today. I've been going to the gym everyday and either running or swimming and I really think that helps me stay focused on staying sober. I feel good and have no desire to ingest poison into my body.

I'm with you all and support everyone's journey in kicking The Beast to the curb. Let's all do it together...

Don

Comment

Great Job, Don! We can all do this together.

Comment

Hello Sober Soul et all,

While I am jumping in new to this thread I have also been a member of MWO for a while and this I not my first "quit". But here I am on Day 2 and determined to make it last. I've enjoyed following this thread and wish everyone the best life has to offer and believe that sobriety will open us up to those gifts. Already, I feel more peaceful and hopeful. Waking up to a sober sunrise this morning was more than words can say. I don't wan't my life to revolve around my drinking hours. I began not to care about anything other than that first glass and buzz, only to wake up the next morning full of remorse and pain. Why put myself through it another day? Let's start living the good life peeps! Good luck to everyone
                              Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                              :h

Comment

Hi Blonde! Welcome to this thread. This thread and the peeps that visit here have been the reason I'm day 33 AF. I can't tell you the times I woke up fruzzy headed and swore it was the last time. Dealing with the guilt of not being able to STOP was killing me. I came here and found the support I needed to finally do it. I can't say it wasn't a tough slog those first few days but I just kept close to this thread and it got me through. Last week I had my first camping trip of the season and stayed AF even though AL always flows around the campfire every night. I had a plan and I stuck to it. You can do it!! You are ready.

Hope everyone has an amazing AF day!!

Comment

Working...
                                X