Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graduation party today. I'm a bit anxious about it.

Comment

Lizann, make sure to go with a plan. I had a lot of parties early in my quit that really stressed me out but I had a plan, thanks to MWO. I took my own little cooler and it was stocked with sparkling water and non-al stuff. I walked around with a drink in hand so folks didn't bug me about not drinking. I kept migrating around the crowds and I played with the little kids a lot to keep busy. Little kids are so cool when you aren't drinking because they are so curious about everything. I hunted bugs and played on the trampoline (at 58 that was something to see), etc.

I posted here before and after. Just knowing I was coming back here after to check in really helped too!! Good luck and have FUN!

Comment

Good Job on day 2 R4L! How was your day today? I'm glad you are a runner....I find it really helps me stay focused. When I run or swim everyday I don't want to put poisons into my body.

Lizann, how did the grad party go?

Eloise, how are you doing?

Another AF weekend in the books!

Don

Comment

Omg ginger, I found that so to be the key. Gotta love the irony of it, pretend your holding a drink and no one will bother you. Party was fine, and I did fine, No stress for the immediate future, thanks so much for your support

Comment

Great Job Lizann! We're proud of you.

Comment

Great job, Lizann! On to the next AF adventure.

R4L, Is today 3 for you? Hope it is going well.

SS, Whatcha' up to?

Glad you had a good weekend Don. Hope everyone else did too!

Comment

Hi Everyone;
                Day 3 done, no issues. Don, it is nice to talk to another runner. I find exercise and booze are not compatible. It is horrible to run or work out with a hangover. I ran this afternoon. It was wonderful.
                Sleep last night was so refreshing. Ginger, glad you enjoyed your holiday. Liz, if I am not drinking at a party the drink in hand works great. It is possible to have fun at a party without AL.
                Will check in tomorrow. Thanks for being there!
                Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

I'm with you r4l. Booze and exercise are not compatible. Much as I hate to run, I just feel great afterwards.
                  Pauly don't go. I actually need a good swift kick in the butt knowing what awful things happen when I drink.
                  I'm feeling very anxious today. Need to get my butt on that treadmill!

Comment

I really struggled when I got home from the beach trip. Not with AL but with depression. It's nothing new for me. I'm a gypsy soul so I always get a little depressed at the end of an adventure. I wish I wasn't like that! I have a great home in a lovely neighborhood so nothing to be bummed about returning to. I just hate it when trips end. The first couple of trips AF, I was just trying to get through them and stay AF so I was glad when it was over. This last trip I was back to my old self and left longing for just one more day. I returned home with an overwhelming sadness..... Oh well.....two weeks until the next aventure!

Hope you all have an AF day!! I'm so glad you are all out there.

Comment

I can't believe tomorrow is July 1st already. The year is half over!

Sounds like everyone is doing well in their AFness.....(I think I just made up a new word...lol)

R4L, glad you're doing well. Keep it up. Sometimes I have to make myself go for a run but it never fails that after about 10-15 minutes I get into "The Zone" and I'm happy I made myself go. I always feel great when I'm done.

Lizann, did you get your butt on that treadmill?

Ginger, hope your out of your funk.....think how sad you would be if you were drinking. You would be sick of yourself.

Have a great day everyone.....enjoy yourself and the AF world around you!

Don

I wish Pauly would post here too.....I don't know if I pissed her off or what....

Comment

I'm out of the funk! Chief, you are so right about it being worse if there was AL added to the mix. Paully, come back to us!! SS, where are you?

Hope you all have a great AF night and enjoy your AFness (good word, Chief)

Comment

Day 4 almost finished and took my AB today so I am assured I will not be drinking for our Canada Day Celebrations tomorrow. It seems that everyone likes to drink too much for the holiday. I am going to enjoy the festivities tomorrow and remember what I did the next day with no hangover to take to work with me!
                          Sounds like everyone is doing well and Ginger, hope you are feeling better.
                          take care friends,
                          R4L
                          Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

R4L, great job on 4 days. Just keep racking them up! Good luck tomorrow. You'll be fine. Come here and check in before the festivities begin, then come back and let us know how it went. We will all be sending you AF energy!

Comment

Ok so what is this AB I see people talking about and where would one get it?
                              Yes chief I did run and I did fell better after. I just had a really down day yesterday. Hoping today is better. Off to work.

Comment

Sorry guys for disappearing. It's not like my old disappearances. I just have problems getting internet at the lake. We used to pay for internet up there but it's not worth it with our Canadian short summers. We only can enjoy the lakehouse from mid-June until September so we cancelled the internet. I can get on using my I-phone but it's tricky, I'm busy up there and my fingers are too fat to type properly on the damn thing.

I had a great sober weekend at the lake with my two boys and their young families. We had two one year olds and a three year old. NO ONE got drunk all weekend. They all had Caeasars (bloody Marys but using clammato juice rather than tomato juice) and I had a few virgin ones but really didn't worry about what I drank on the pontoon or on the beach. It's easy this time. No real solid reason why but I've guessed in previous posts that it's just because I am ready for the big quit.

Glad you are out of your funk Ginger! The let down after an amazing vacation can be pretty sad and hollow.

AB is Antabuse and it's a pill you take daily that when combined with alcohol makes you violently ill. It's a tool to make sure you CAN'T drink. You can get so sick if you drink while taking it that you end up in the hospital. I can't get it in Canada but if I really needed it, there are a few people on this site that would make sure I got it... sweethearts that they are.

Glad to see all the runners here. Exercise is such a feel good activity and it's great for getting the right endorphins flooding our bodies. I have to get off my keester and start moving too.

Off to see my three week old granddaughter. Have a groovy day.

HAPPY CANADA DAY to any Canadians: I decided last night that the mosquito should replace the Beaver as our Industrious, hard working symbolic, National Animal. Mosquitos were swarming outside the tent trailer last night to the tune of thousands of humming maniacs trying to get in to taste our tender flesh. Mosquitos make Beavers look like lazy loungers.
                                "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                                Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                                X