Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Brook! And GREAT JOB to both you and Pyes getting day 1 under your belt! That's fantastic! Just keep it going. Don't cave. Learn to recognize your Beast thoughts trying to get you to give up and drink. Make it a war between you and the Beast. Be relentless in your goal of not drinking. The first few days are the hardest but it's only as bad as you let it be. A lot of it is in your head and your attitude. Keep reading and posting....you guys are doing great!

Don

Comment

BrooktheDog1 and Pyes, Welcome! Glad you are here. I lurked around this site for a long time before I joined. Joining really helped me be accountable and I think this quit is going to stick. I can't count the times I've tried and failed. Coming here, reading and posting has been the key for me. I wish I'd had the good sense to do this when my boys were young but I didn't. They are all grown now and have drinking struggles of their own. I blame myself for that. They know I've stopped this madness though and they are happy for me. Maybe they will follow my example eventually. I'm hoping.

BTD1, I found this site a little hard to navigate too. Up on the right there is a link called "quick links". If you click that, you'll see one called subscribed threads. If you click that, you'll see threads there that you've posted to. Also, there is a link that says "New Links". You can go there to see all the links with new posts to them.

You both should go to the Newbie Nest thread and post a hello there. Go back and read the posts. Lots of good posts about starting out. Also check out the thread called Tool Box. Lots of things to do when you are feeling weak. The key is to READ, POST, READ, POST as much as you need to. You feel weak.... POST, you feel sad.....POST, you feel happy, inspired, POST! Just keep coming here and checking in. As a group we can beat the beast called alcohol!!

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts Chief. Been working on how I think about drinking and the first part is figuring what is present that I'm not aware of.

Welcome BTD and Pyes. Make yourselves at home and as she said keep start posting and keep posting. The links to the two threads that she mentioned, Newbies Nest and Toolbox, are in my signature.
        “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
        Newbies Nest Roll Call
        Toolbox
        Cattleman Cafe

Comment

I'm not much for advice really, but the more time you spend looking around here and reading peoples opinions and getting an education about dealing with this, the better

Comment

Welcome pyres and Brooke. We can do this. I had a pretty good day. Tired and ready to call it a night.

Comment

wasting your time abnosmems

Comment

Hope everyone is doing well and thinking about your drinking. I'm doing great, have a houseful of family from out of town. Some from Texas, N. Carolina, and Florida. Most of them drink but it hasn't been a real problem for me because I watch them and see the effect is has on them after they've had a few. They think they're a lot funnier and wittier than they really are.....lol. And that use to be me....

Been working outside weeding, trimming trees and bushes and mulching. Good exercise and fun.

Hope our newest people are reading and posting and making some progress. Let us know how you're doing!

Don

Comment

Another pretty good day. Feeling strong today.

Comment

You are strong, Liz!

Comment

Ok so the dog is sick. I can do this right?

Comment

Sorry about your dog, Liz.

Chief - you are so supportive. Sounds like you had a busy time with your visitors!

I am back to it here. Just taking it a day at a time. Today is a good day. So, I'll look at that and be grateful.

How is everyone else doing?
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

You can do anything you put your mind to Liz.....What's wrong with your dog?

Nora, I'm STILL at it with my visitors! Full house! Eating me out of house and home...lol. Stick with it Nora. Today IS a good day.

How's everyone else?

Comment

Lucy was throwing up yesterday and last night. She woke up at 3 and was very restless, which wasn't great for me cause I was up with her and had to be up at five. Frankly I'm so tired right now I don't even have the energy to think about al! Hoping she feels better when I get home after work. She did at this morning and looked better!

Comment

Lizann, Hope your doggie is better soon. They become like children to us. Don't let this be a set back for you. Kick the beast to the curb and take away its power. You can handle the situation way better without AL. Hope everyone else is doing well.

Riv, How are you doing?

Just heading back from the lake now. Had a great AF trip. One more under my belt. One of the people we went with has a severe drinking problem. He's destroying his relationship with his wife. Very sad to watch but sure made my resolve even stronger to kick AL for the last time.

I'll try and read back soon! It's too hard to do while riding in the truck.

Comment

Welcome back Ginger, so happy for you that you stuck with the program while you were away. Heading up to the lake so out of cyber-ville for the weekend. Frankly I could use the break from my computer as it's all I seem to do lately, sit in front of the lap top. I use it for work, play and inspiration and mostly as a way to procrastinate.

Have a safe, sober weekend my friends.
                                "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                                Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                                X