Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done on 2 days! I'm struggling with Day 1 still... Having some pretty strong cravings as i type, trying to finish up my work and get out of the house with the kids, go to a park or something! I had high levels on some liver enzyme tests, i need to schedule an US per my Dr.. I keep procrastinating fearing the worst possible.. I think my liver was tingling today when i woke up, probably not a good sign. With 2 days under your belt, you should come over to the newbies nest under just starting out. There are alot of welcoming people there new and old, see you there!

Comment

Just take it one day at a time. Focus on today and the days will add up and you'll notice yourself feeling better everyday. Let your body get rid of the toxins. Drink plenty of water, juice, soup, etc to flush your system out and get you hydrated. You'll see a difference fairly quick. Just be relentless. Refuse to take a drink no matter what.

We're here with you. It's worth it....I promise.

Don

Comment

Well if you count 1997 - 2008, then today will be that much plus day 3. So not really a newbie. I don't know if as easy the second time round.
        ?Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.?

― George Carlin

Comment

The word is that once you have the drinking thing figured out, the liver will nurse itself back to health so let's hope both of you have that relief.

My BP was hugely affected by my drinking and has gotten way lower since I stopped drinking.

Us Canadians shit bricks when we are scared too. I didn't realize we got that phrase as part of being in the Commonwealth..
          "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
          Lao-Tzu

Comment

Xpost from Newbies Nest:

Just a thought..... Last night (my time) I posted day 80 for myself. I remember 75 days ago looking at the roll call and thinking my number was so small and that I'd never rack up double digit days. BUT.... Here I am 80 days sober and my life has changed so much because of it. If you are new at this and looking at your first days, stay strong, stick to your plan, if you don't have one, make one now, read and post at the very least daily.

I've been on 5 trips since my quit date (some with connectivity, some without) and things have been shaky here and there but I always knew you guys were out there and you had my back.*

For all you newbies and umpteenth quiters- WE HAVE YOUR BACK! We can do this together. We deserve a healthy AL free life. Our families deserve it too. Stay close and take back your life! Love you guys.*

Comment

Fantastic, Ginger!!! You are doing great and your posts are always right on and very supportive to us all. I'm glad you're here.

When I quit drinking on May 19 (66 days ago) my blood pressure was 160/115, cholesterol was 234, triglycerides and liver counts were high. When I quit I started eating right, drinking lots of water, going to the gym at least 5 days a week and either run or swim. Yesterday I went to my doctor and my blood pressure is 118/65, cholesterol is 175, triglycerides and liver counts are all normal! He said my blood work numbers are all perfect and he is very pround of be. I'm 58 years old and I feel like I'm 35 again.

We can all do this. Our bodies are amazing things when we stop pouring poison into them...

Keep it going everyone!

Don

Comment

I just came back from the doc's. My gamma gt was 141 in February but this Monday was 365. So basically if I don't stay stopped, I am going to die. It's only day 3, I'm off to AA this evening and tomorrow I have assessment with an agency and will be joining a relapse prevention group. If the agency recommends me, the doc is willing to prescribe Campral (acamprosate) to help with any cravings. I have some insight and I know that the alcoholic part of my brain will try and convince me to drink as soon as I am feeling fine. But the writing is on the wall. If I drink, I will die.
                ?Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.?

― George Carlin

Comment

Thank you Whitemarshmom SoberSoul and Chief. Namaste

― George Carlin

Comment

Daevid, Chief's (Don's) story should be an inspiration to you and all of us! Don, It is amazing what a life style change can do to our overall health. You could be the poster child for that!! Hang in there everyone. The choices you make today will affect the rest of your life. Choose to be AF and you will change your life for the better!!

Comment

Thanks for the support you good people.

― George Carlin

Comment

Hi Gang. I'm so happy for you Ginger. We really did this together... If I ever get a cat I'll name her Ginger.. LOL... Don, Daevid, Lizanne, Nora, Marshy ... you are all part of the Relapse No More Team..

I'll hit 100 days around the 4th of August and feel like it's surreal. I can't believe we are doing this.

Daevid, we were on many day ones and never thought we could do it. It took many tries but here we are putting lots of sober time in. You can do this. Just take it minute by minute. Do it to ensure a long and healthy life. Please stay close and report to us... xoxo
                        "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                        Lao-Tzu

Comment

Whitemarsh, you probably have a fatty liver. Totally reverse able if you stop drinking.

Comment

Hi Ginger,Sober Soul, Chief, Daevid!
                            Daevid, 3days is great, keep it uo
                            Xx
                            Pat

Comment

Hi Patrice!

Comment

Daevid, 3 days ago you were full of alcohol. Now you are getting through the hardest part....keep it going! Do whatever it takes to turn your life around. We're here for you. Keep reading and posting....

Don

Comment

Working...
                                X