Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gratitude

It's been over 100 degress here for days. Our state is literally on fire from all the heat and lightening strikes. This morning I woke up at 5am. That's a tad early for me but I got up and walked out to get the paper. It was a cool 70ish, quiet, beautiful day out (at the moment). I realized that three months ago, I would never have seen this gorgeous morning because I'd have still been laid up in bed with a rip roaring headache. Today I'm filled with gratitude to you, to my resolve, to new beginnings. We are fighting the good fight!

I love you guys!!! Hope your day is wonderful. :l

Comment

We are fighting the good fight, Ginger. I've been AF since 5/19, so today is 77 days.

Comment

Good Morning All! Morning Ginger! We've got a perfect day beginning on Bainbridge Island as well. Puffy clouds, blue skies, glassy waters and the sun coming up over Seattle. Mornings on the water here can be paradisical which hopefully sinks in enough to get me through the winter months without too much pain. I have to tell you there is nothing like a baby seal popping her head out of the water to surprise me when I'm walking up the dock, or a blue heron squealing off with that horrific sound they make when my 7 pound chihuahua gets sight of one and thinks its her job to to charge the 3ft tall bird. I keep asking her what she thinks she's going to do with it if it doesn't fly off.

Going to work in a bit trying to beat any heat with an early start. Happy AF Sunday all. I'm starting day 5 pretty darn happy about life. Ciao

Comment

Great Job Ja! You are getting through the hardest part. It's amazing how fast you start feeling better when you let your body purge all the poison out of your body. Keep it going!

Don

Comment

Ja, have a fantabulous day! I so love the water, the ocean, anything wet. We are heading to Depot Bay on August 17. We RV right on the ocean. It heals my soul. Have a great AF day and enjoy the cool weather this morning. I'd love to see a picture of your dog. I love dogs about as much as I love the water!!

Lizann, Don, everyone else..... Have a great AF day!

Comment

Hey Chief, you've been so supportive. Thanks, and congratulations on 77 days! That's awesome. Thanks for rooting all of us on. Ja Afternoon day 5 AF: Hot, tired, filled up on cookies not beer. Thumbs up!

Comment

Doing OK Chief, thanks. Been reviewing an old manuscript of mine that needs completion and a rewrite. Cooking, cleaning .... Fortunately been rather temperate here lately. Bit of Qi Gong once the cookings done. Food for the week. July has been frustrating but most insightful. Congrats to all on beating back the beast one more day.
                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                Toolbox
                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Busy weekend! Lunch today with a retired long time coworker! Had the best weekend in a long time!

Comment

Glad to see you all checking in and doing well!

Comment

Ugh-I'm back at it. I seem to make it 90 days and then relapse. My poor husband is so sick of it, but here I am again. I tried to hit a meeting at lunch but didn't see the smokers with their styrofoam cups anywhere. When I asked the little old lady at the church about the meeting she pointed me to the YMCA group of kids. : (

I'll try another meeting after work tonight. I am just so dang sick of myself and disappointed today.

Comment

Sakimotokitty, Welcome! Glad you came. Please take a moment and visit the two links below. The toolbox is chuck full of tips to help with your quit. I just hit 90 days myself and when I feel a little wobbly, I come to MWO for a visit and a good shot in the arm of reality. Great job on 90 days, BTW. You will never lose those so just start over. Come here as much as possible and read/post/read. Stay close....

Comment

Lots of new quitters!! So glad everyone is posting, reading and we're all in this together. I passed the one hundred day mark this weekend and realized it while paddling the kayak on my own which was quite apt. I felt and still feel like I can do anything now that I've done this.

We can all get to where I've reached with Ginger, Chief and a few others doing it too. If you new people knew me before you would know that it's a minor miracle that I've made it this far. I have absolutely no willpower but like I keep saying, it's not about willpower.

We just have to know, to REALLY know that it's over... the nightmare which was always in our power to wake up from, is now over because we have decided with a clear head to awaken.
                          "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                          Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hi all,
                            Sober, I love that post... Thank you, and yes I knew you as Tipperette and so I do See how far you have come.. I congratulate you on your 100 days!!

Some of you may know I had a relapse at the weekend at about 9 weeks AF.. I was disappointed for a bit but I let that go really quickly and within a few hours, I was back on MWO feeling more powerful and with a lot more understanding of myself and my triggers.. Wow did that 9 weeks feel great!! And wow do I feel great now because I'm right back, AF!!

Ginger, chief, Eloise, Lizann you are all kicking it!
                            Hi to new peeps
                            Xx
                            Pat

Comment

Hello Everyone! You can feel the energy here....I love it!

Welcome Sakimoto! Welcome back, Pat! And a BIG Congrats to SS on 100 days! That's great! Let's all do it together....just take care of today and the rest will follow and add up before you know it.

Don

Comment

Oh My God SS!! I am speachless with happiness at 100 Big Beautiful Days for you- Once again I am following your around like a puppy dog. You are still my Kwan, sweet woman.

CONGRATULATIONS !! YOU HAVE MADE IT TO THE BIG PEOPLE'S THREAD!!
                                :yay::wd::wave::alf::applaud::l
                                On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                                *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Working...
                                X