Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with you Chief, no idea what they get out of it except the sick thrill that they are screwing up helpful threads in A/F sites. Who cares..

Glad to see the regulars posting. Ginger, so happy for you enjoying your beach vacation sober and content.

Lizanne, you are being productive and that really helps, eh?

Chief, I want to be just like you when I grow up. I've recently moved to an English speaking community after twelve years living in French Canada and now I have no excuses to follow my dream and get out in society, volunteer and make a difference. Our house should be finished and us moved in by the beginning of October and by then I'll have accumulated nearly six months of sobriety so I'll be raring to go.

Orimus, we all reach times where we can't see the point of doing much of anything. I think it's called depression and I suffered from it this winter. We live in the ebbs and flows of our minds so it's natural that we get down once in a while. Stay close and keep coming back no matter what.

Last night I spent actually doing office work in this little trailer while hubby snored quietly beside me. My sister is in from out of town and I am spreading myself too thin trying to spend time with her, keeping up with the office work and running errands for the construction project. I've taken advantage of her love of shopping and brought her along to choose ceramic, wood floor, back splash, paint, bedding, etc. It's fun for both of us but the office work was falling behind. Normally I would try to cram it in during the day with not much success and spend my evenings surfing the net but I was happy with my decision to forgoe the procrastination for a change and work last night. It doesn't sound like a biggie but for me, it is !!

Stay strong guys...
    "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    Lao-Tzu

Comment

Yup, I don't get what those spammers accomplish. I don't really care. I can ignore it.
      Good for you chief and SS. We are doing this!
      Orimus, I get that fog thing. Wish I had some answers for you. Eating well and exercise, I found are helpful. Drink water, tons of it! I don't know why that helps me, but it's huge for me! Maybe it will help you too.
      Hubby and I will continue tackling the garage today. We are making progress at the office and here at home. We have laughed and cried. I am feeling good and have only had tiny little thoughts of al. I put aside the money I would have spent on al and bought myself a beautiful bracelet! That money is piling up! I will continue to treat myself to "gifts" with that money!

Comment

Good morning all.... Looks like nothing is being done on the admin side of this site to get rid of the spambots so we just have to ignore it. The problem is, all this added traffic (it's all over the site) could cause it to crash, which would scare the hell out of me!

Ori, I was in a bad relationship several years ago that I needed desparately to get out of for both our sakes. The habit of that relationship was so ingrained in me, I couldn't bring myself to leave. Each day got worse... I found a book called Codependent No More by Melody Beattie, that helped me so much. If you have time, check it out. I think you can read some of it online. It gave me the strength to get out and move on. Just a thought....

Lizann, SS, Chief and everyone else checking in, ENJOY your AFness!!

Comment

Thanks all.

Haven't seen the woman in a couple months but I still have a key to her place, pay for her cell phone and tablet. Guess thinking about how I need to close that door led me down the rabbit hole.

Sober - It is an ebb and flow, this too shall pass. Although I missed hitting the Dojang last night because of a case of the mopes I'm back on my feet.

Liz - Definitely need to up my water intake. Not sure when I let it drop off.

Ginger - Think I did check out the codependency angle at one time but couldn't hurt to look again. One more step.

Good to see everyone seems to be keeping busy.
          “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
          Newbies Nest Roll Call
          Toolbox
          Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Back on day two again exhausted but the alcoholic ennui has lessened. Kung Fu at the Dojang tonight and back there again in the morning for Qi Gong.

Hope everyone is doing well as we head into the weekend. Looks like we're going to kick things off with a little rain over here.
            “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
            Newbies Nest Roll Call
            Toolbox
            Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Hi Ori, Stay close! You can do this. Hope you have a good AF weekend.

Comment

Thanks Ginger, you have a good one as well.

Driving in to work this morning I was already having the thought maybe I can have one or two tonight, just a beer and a shot. Just need to get home to meditate, procrastinate until I get to class. I keep telling myself I have to meditate after work everyday but end up only halfway making it happen as AL takes out my knees.

Newbies Nest
                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                Toolbox
                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

My daughter came home from work with a bottle of skinny margarita. She asked me if I wanted a glass. I am surprised to say I had no desire to drink it and the smell literally made me nauseous. What's up with that? Wonder if this will last?

Comment

Know what you mean Liz. Just got home from the Dojang a little while ago and the last thing I can think to do is drink. Also know it's happened before and can only take it as a bit of traction because it only lasts a while. At least for me. Not sure if it's the endorphins, a boost of Serotonin or... don't. Just that I know it's not a sign to get complacent.

What were you doing before?

Newbies Nest
                    Newbies Nest Roll Call
                    Toolbox
                    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Orimus;1697085 wrote: Know what you mean Liz. Just got home from the Dojang a little while ago and the last thing I can think to do is drink. Also know it's happened before and can only take it as a bit of traction because it only lasts a while. At least for me. Not sure if it's the endorphins, a boost of Serotonin or... don't. Just that I know it's not a sign to get complacent.

What were you doing before?
                      Not sure what you mean? Before she brought the al home? I ran and then had dinner. Long busy day at work and I was just exhausted.

Comment

The running produces endorphins which gives you a natural high as well as boosting Serotonin which boosts mood. Similar to me when I get back from training. These moments help us gain momentum and, I believe, by continuing to do them we reinforce the natural high over the AL high. However they can also build complacency which has shot me down before.

Just my opinion.

Newbies Nest
                        Newbies Nest Roll Call
                        Toolbox
                        Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Morning all.... We have started our trek home. Should be back in the land of WIFI in about 6 hours. Won't leave again until the 10th. Just wanted you guys to know that one of the MWO'ers started a new forum where we can all go and join in the event that this site goes down. It's not being moderated much anymore and the chance of losing touch with everyone has us a bit freaked out. If you are interested in joining the other form the link is here: Login Required | Forum. You see several old timers have joined already. I just registered and joined. Totally up to each individual whether they want to join up but I hope you do!

Comment

Thanks Ginger.

I always thought of myself as very smart but I'm very bad at this. Keep thinking of Miracle Max. Anyway looks like a great new doctor who.

Newbies Nest
                            Newbies Nest Roll Call
                            Toolbox
                            Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Howdy all! We are home from our 10 day trip and I'm happy to say that I'm 113 days AF. With that said, I have to admit I felt a little left out on this trip. This is a long trip with family that we do twice a year. My little sis and I have always celebrated the vacation daily with lots and lots of wine flowing. This trip she knew I was AF and fine with that but she seemed a little removed from me. Like stand of ish. Sort of like my AFness made her feel convicted about her drinking so she stayed away from me. Maybe this was all in my head but it's how I felt and it made me sad. But not sad enough to lose my days and drink. Anyway... Just wanted to get that out there so I can move on.

Hope everyone is hanging in there and racking up the AF days!

Comment

Ginger,i feel that way when i visit my mom,seems like she only likes hanging out with me if i'm drinking,last few trips to see her i felt out of place,weird
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X