Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Beachy,I know it was from being overly tired I have a habit of pushing myself,too hard, too fast, plus I've been sick and that and lack of sleep didn't help, it all sounds like excuses to me, but it is all I can offer
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly, facebook message me next time and maybe we can chat it out. I'm here for you.

Comment

Thanks Ginger, there's a gazillion things that I could have done instead, I just felt weird and not in the right frame of mind if that makes sense, it was totally impulsive and defo not ME(at least the me I want to be)

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Paulywogg. Get back on again. Look at it as another trip up and get back on.

Go back and see why? I have to keep tabs of all the triggers that have tripped me up.

Swears my be baby related. Had tons when he was first born. I'm not getting shakes or anything.

Think I'm getting a cold- body healing and finally resting and I get a cold!!

Seriously wanted to have wine with dinner but resisted. Another day done. Have to say - hard today but did it! Hunger is definitely a trigger!

I'm gonna hit bed soon. Stay safe

Comment

So I guess I'm not the only one struggling today! Pauly, don't beat yourself up, just get right back on board. Don't ever be embarrassed to come here and say you drank. Jeez, that's the reason we are here and we are all struggling!
            MinStar good for you for not drinking. I really want a glass of wine too. No one is home, so it would be easy to buya bottle and drink. I came here instead.

Comment

Pauly, I can totally understand, but I think being hospitalized the night 10 days ago really changed me...counselling is helping as well, one thing is for sure, I'm feeling way better about being able to stay quit!

I'm doing pretty darn good for an old guy, and love you all!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Pauly , over the course of my own experiences and reading a lot of the various posts on MWO , the battle against AL is not easy. And the people here on MWO understand and are here for one another. It can't be done alone, I have tried and failed miserably. I needed a lot of troops, and thank goodness I have so many amazing ones here! The one thing that seems to help is before I even get that drink, I log on and feel so much understanding and positive energy, it helps to change my mind/ thought process of having that drink. Because I know it is NEVER going to stop at one. Please don't beat your self up, suffering Guilt, Shame, and Remorse does not help us in our fight to kick AL to the curb. We are in this together!! Sending you lots of support xoxox:heartbeat:

Lizann , with new countertops, floor, and backsplash, it is going to feel like a brand new kitchen. Very excited for you , I spend 80 per cent of my time in the kitchen, so having a renovation sounds fabulous.

Keep up the great work cowboy, you are doing great for an old guy!!

Comment

Pauly, I second what OH posted. That's spot on!:heartbeat:

Comment

Was just thinking that if anyone wants a number to be able to call/text when the going gets rough, just let me know!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hello all.

Paulywogg. I hope you've managed to stay focused today. Been thinking of you lots. Scary as I know it could be me. I am on Day6 and still thinking of a drink. Friday night. Kids in bed and I was hungry- out dinner on and thiught- could have a glass- watch telly whilst dinner is cooking. But I had to remind myself ... 'Yeah, would be nice to have just one...but you can't stop at one'
                      I also remind myself the following- read it in MWO somewhere and it has this time stuck..
                      'Nobody ever got up the next morning and thought...'gosh! I'm so glad I drank loads last night'
                      'It's my sobriety and I won't risk it for anyone'
                      'Al is not more important to me than my daughter and son'

Lizann- how's the kitchen- I spend hours and hours in mine. We're looking to move and I can't wait to have it decked out how I want!
                      I always think of my new kitchen with me cooking something, kids playing and hubby coming home. Wine open whilst cooking and then with dinner and then again when chilling in front of tv. Shocking how ingrained it is! I hope you've managed to stay strong.

Today I reconnected with an old university friend of mine. We have only messaged each other. I've not seen him since early 2000's. His father was an alcoholic and I recall at Uni he didn't drink. He hasn't told me the full story but he has had cancer. It stopped me in my tracks- he didn't even drink or smoke and has had cancer. Imagine what is going on in my body, in my cells. I think he is fine now. We are hoping to speak soon as he says he has tons to tell me.

Anyway thought id share as it made a mark on my thoughts.

Right enough banking. Cowboy- texts sound good. Where are you?

I feel you're all States side :-/ anyone on whatsapp?

How are you Open Halo and ginger?
                      Last edited by MinStar; January 23, 2015, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Crap! Not good here. My 82 year old Mom just fell and broke her leg in two places and I'm 1,000 miles from home. Thank god my two sisters are with her. A new trigger to process. "/

I'll take some prayers for her, if you're of that persuasion.

Comment

Minstar great post, you are right on the money when you said "I've never woken up the next morning and wished I drank more the night before." So very true.. You sound great, keep up the positive thoughts.

Ginger, I am so sorry to hear about your mom, thank goodness your sisters are close to her, sending you my thoughts and prayers. We are here if you feel at any time that things are becoming difficult.

Feeling good but getting tired of the cold..hope everyone has a good weekend!

Comment

Oh Ginger, prayers sent,are you able to get there?

Comment

Oh sure... we could leave and be home in two days but she's insisting I stay put. She's in good hands with my sisters so I'll wait to hear back from them after she sees the ortho surgeon.

Thanks, Pauly. ☺

Comment

Ginger, my thoughts and prayers go out to both you and your mom :hug:
                                Min, I'm from Canada, but I have IMessage, BBM, and Whatsapp....

Comment

Working...
                                X