Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got home from my grandson's first birthday.. a lovely time was had by all. His Dad did not drink. He and I had a few A/F beers. So proud of him (and myself, of course). One of the ladies there who is my age and has a 13 year old daughter is an obvious severe alcoholic and she cornered me and repeatedly told me stories as I squirmed to try to appear interested. I felt very sorry for her daughter who was looking very sad and solemn. I am going to try to get my son to bring this young lady up to the lake (it's his wife's young cousin). She could use a break from Mom and she is a pleasure to have around.

Feeling super good right now. Still have my guard up.

Ginger, I wish I could suggest something for your ear problem but I have no knowledge of this. I hope it improves soon. What a pain.

Making a pot of Bengal Spice Tea and it smells delicious. Night all.
    "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    Lao-Tzu

Comment

Thanks Pauly, No Sprouts or any other kind of store in my hometown like Sprouts. Maybe I'll look online and see if I can find it.

SS, Glad you had a great day. We went to the mountains and it was heavenly because I couldn't hear that whooshing noise with all the forest sounds. I didn't want to leave!!

Having a soda pop while hubby has a beer and when I say "a" beer that's exactly what he'll have! Wonder what that would be like?

Hope everyone has a good AF evening! Glad you are out there....

Comment

Starting Over

Hello friends..I let my guard down last night at a dinner party and drank some wine.
        Boy I wish I had come here to post beforehand but I was busy getting ready for the party all day. This morning I decided it's okay and I'm just going to move forward..not beat myself up with negative thinking etc. If you remember I became sober at 50 and stayed sober for almost 3 years without a drop. Part of my challenge now is not comparing this quit to that one which almost felt miraculous! Part of my weakness yesterday was due to not having a good nights sleep in 3 days too..it's so true that we cannot get too tired, too lonely etc. So I'm going to spend some time outside and feel blessed for another opportunity to begin again rather than being hard on myself. What do you all do for sleep during those first few weeks of sobriety??

Comment

Hi all,Uncorked,i use 5 htp or melatonin for that elusive sleep,sorry you drank,just get back in the saddle,hope everybody has a good Sunday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello all - it is great to be here with people on this same crooked path. :H
            I've been doing better in the past week. I have still had a couple of drinks.....not quite completely AF. BUT, in a much better place at the moment. Able to drink a beer and STOP. I don't want to keep doing that because I know how it goes for me. But, I am feeling much better and stronger.
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Nora...I am finding this thread to be very supportive! Wherever you're at in your journey is where you're at and don't think you will find any judgement here. We need each other...I know I do and that's a very hard thing to accept for I am a person who gives but doesn't receive very well...I'm learning though and this thread is a good start. You may find the Bubble Hour podcast to be helpful. I am listening again the the episode about early sobriety...really informative!

Comment

Hi Uncorked - thanks for the information. I will check it out.

Pauly - great to see you. :l

SS - that is so cool about your Grandson's birthday party. Sorry to hear about that other woman. Yes -it is so hard on the kids - especially at that age. They see it and just cringe. :upset:

Ginger - are you feeling any better? I had to laugh at the hubby have 'a' beer. I'm with you on that one. Like I said, I did it a couple of times but could feel the 'thoughts' sneaking in. Honestly, it is just easier not to drink. When will I get that thru my head???

Anyway, I really appreciate the warm welcome here. It truly helps to be with people that are at the same stage of the journey. Of course, SS is rocking it! :wd: I spend most of my time on the 'One Step at a Time Thread'. (Everyone is welcome there ) But, this thread is WONDERFUL!!!
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I am going to check out the One Step at a Time thread. I am only rocking it now. I love the fact that I am not that tempted but I know that a moment is coming and it's probably coming soon. I will try to do as Uncorked wished she had done and come here before having a drink but it's all in the timing.

Melatonin worked for me with regard to sleep. When we are missing sleep, anything can happen. Very wise decision, Uncorked to look at your hiccup just as that, a hiccup in your amazing path to sobriety.

Nora, glad to have you here. We do not judge. I find in general MWO does not judge but for those of us who are afraid of the tiny possibility of being reprimanded or given a dose of tough love, this is the place to come back after a relapse not matter how big or how small.

Hey Paulywogg, Ginger and the rest of our "Club" so happy you are still close by.

There is a half bottle of merlot sitting on the kitchen table and hubby may have some with dinner. Why is it not calling me? What is different?
                  "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                  Lao-Tzu

Comment

SS - that is great that you can be around it and not drink. FANTASTIC
                    I had been over 100 days at the end of last year. And, same old story, let my guard down and I have been fighting ever since. You know how it goes - good days/bad days, etc. I want to rack up GOOD days. I need to remember to reach for other coping mechanisms when I get so overwhelmed, etc.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey all,yeah i've been having ups and downs all week too,this time quitting seems harder,honestly i get 30 or 40 some odd days and always slip,i'm having a rough May,i dunno if the weather has been nicer kinda triggering something or what?i'm still trying to quit for good,but i want it to be for good once and for all! had beers with hubs last nite,all it did was make me tired anyways,but now i feel like i need a couple just to get through the rest of the afternoon,ugh,see how this shit progresses?horrible

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Oh Pauly - I understand!!! It's like you have a couple and then the next day a couple more and then it's downhill from there. :upset:
                        Hope the rest of your May gets MUCH better. :l
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all.... The wooshing is still here and driving me nuts. I'm calling an ENT tomorrow to see if I can get in. I had to work really hard to get my exercise in today. This is just so weird. I rarely get sick and have never had anything bizzar like this before. Could it be withdrawal? I'm still celebrating my 2 week AF even if I don't feel like dancing a jig!

I'm so glad you are all out there. Hope everyone is having a great AF day.

Comment

Ginger - sounds like an ear infection to me. I've had that weird sound in my ear before when I had an infection. I hope you can get some relief.
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Plus - GREAT JOB ON 2 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Maybe its an ear infection?keep us posted on what the doc says Ginger

Comment

Working...
                                X