Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning all, these pages keep me going.
    FT
    AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
    As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Hi FT,Ginger today is day 30 right?woo-hoo
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly, Yep it is! Thank you for remembering. Can't let my guard down though. AL is always lurking at the edge of everything it seems. Getting the 5 camping days under my belt AF helped though. I know there is no way I could be here if not for all of you here at MWO.

THANK YOU!!

Comment

Great Job Ginger!!!!! Ride the wave!

Don

Comment

Hello all! I am a 52 year old who has had many life changes in the last few years. I could, and have, beat myself up for my shortcomings but am trying to acknowledge the battles I have fought and won instead.

Survived an emotionally abusing marriage. Climbed out of the depression caused by it. Have almost overcome severe panic attacks. Gotten off anti depressants and panic attack meds. Quit smoking. (4 months with no cigs!!Whoo Hoo!) Have completed a year of physical training at the gym.

Now feel ready to tackle the demon I have been dreading fighting - Alcohol! I feel strong enough to do it. Chose today because I have my annual physical and am going to enlist my doctor's help since she has been privy to all my other battles and knows I drink too much. Not sure what she can do except make me feel accountable to one more person.

Looking forward to making friends and helping support as well as receiving support on this forum!!

Comment

Welcome Sanguinestarfish!! You have come to the right place. I lurked around this site for a long time before I registered. Like you, I'd tackled the hard parts of my life and alcohol was the last BAD thing in my life to get rid of. Today is 30 days alcohol free (AF) for me thanks to this community of new friends. Check out Newbies Nest and the toolbox. There are loads of tips to help you stay AF. I made a plan before my last 5 day camping trip and I was succesful in staying AF the entire time. That would normally be impossible for me. Please check in often, read and post! I can't believe how it has helped me tackle AL.

Here is the link to the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html.

Comment

Congrats on 30 days Ginger!
                (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Welcome sanguine starfish! If you have accomplished all that, I'm sure you can do this as well.
                  Yay Ginger!

Comment

Welcome Sanguinestarfish! If you can kick smoking then I know you can do the same with the drink.
                    You certainly can. It will take practice and the ability to keep at it, even if you are not perfectly behaved every day. You certainly deserve personal freedom after all you have been through. Good for you for recognizing your strengths & weaknesses. Not easy to do. Keep moving ahead and use the resources you with find on this site. Congrats on making this big step!
                    (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

I know it is small but ...

A friend called me after work because she needed someone to talk to. I offered to come over. She wanted to meet at a local bar so her daughter wouldn't hear. I went. We split an appetizer. She had to drinks. I had....WATER! 😝

Comment

Starfish! Great job! That's how you start. Keep it up.

Comment

Welcome Starfish and that first step of having water at the bar was big. There are a lot of good people here who know what you're going through and will help you kick the booze out of your life. You will be so much happier living a sober life. The fact that you quit smoking proves you have it in you to quit drinking. Keep reading and posting everyday.....you'll find this place really grows on you and you'll make a lot of new friends from around the world.

Glad to have you here....

Don

Comment

Just lost my long index finger post so will now say WAY TO GO GINGER and WELCOME STARFISH.

Sobriety rocks!!
                            "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                            Lao-Tzu

Comment

Thanks SS, Chief, everyone.... I wouldn't be 31 AF if not for all of you. Have a great AF day!

Comment

Me again.... Day 3

Feels tuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X