Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news, Lizann!

50 days Ginger!!!!!! Fantastic!!!

Let's hear from you, Kradle.....how are you today?

Don

Comment

Liz - so great to hear about the test news! Still sending positive thoughts to you.

Ginger - great job on 50 days!! :goodjob:

Kradle - sorry that I stopped texting......I hadn't charged my phone and I should have warned you!

Chief - just wanted to say again that your posts are great! Thank you!

Well - I finally slept last night. What a relief. So, I'm doing better. I just need to stick here so I stay focused.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi everyone. On my phone so short and sweet.

Fantastic at 50 days Ginger.. You are sounding so strong and confident lately.

Nora what a relief. Now keep putting healthy food and drinks in your body.

Kradle hate to see you suffering. Please post soon.
        "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
        Lao-Tzu

Comment

SS - I don't always get a chance to check in during my rushing around in the mornings. So, I wanted to tell you this now:

CONGRATULATIONS on 60 days.
          :wd::groupluv::applaud::yougo:
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey SS! Great job on 60 days. I don't actually get my 50 days until the 23rd just like you. Heading out in the morning for another trip. This time to the coast. Looking forward to it. I'll have connectivity so I'll be checking in on all of my MWO peeps!

Comment

Ginger999;1674364 wrote: I've heard from someone else on MWO that L-glutamine taken sublingually helps quickly with sugar cravings. My alcohol cravings seem to be replaced with sugar cravings now. I guess it's part of the process and I'll take craving sugar over AL any day. I'm going to carry one around in my pocket today and try it under my tongue as soon as the craving hits. I'll let you guys know if it works. Hope you all have a great AF day/night (depending on location ).
              Hey Ginger... I am doing the same thing with sweets... Ice cream, cookies...etc. it is better than drinking naturally. I will step up the L-glut & see if that helps? Just taking it might help as a reminder - hey Milly- this is actually a craving u are experiencing!'

Also have a terrible headache... 3 days now... Bummer. Otherwise feeling much better....
              (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Hi all,sounds like everybody made it through the weekend o.kstill racking up the days and happy about it,we're all doing good and that makes mehave a good Monday
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Samstone;1674490 wrote: Eloise
                  so sorry I missed your 30 day party!! Good on you. Hope you're doing the do!!
                  Sam
                  Yes, doing just fine thanks. And very grateful as I am feeling a bit better each day.
                  Life does seem to be getting a tiny bit busier over here and the weather has been amazing!

Comment

This is a really good thread, lots of sensible 'stuff' put out there.... Making a lot of sense Chief, as usual!

Comment

50 days Ginger and 60 days SS!!!!!

Great Job!

Kradle, we're thinking of you.....check in with us :l

Don

Comment

Was curious that my cravings since I've been focusing on kicking the bottle have been particularly strong. Thought it was just, after having reduced my use substantially over the past few years, that it only made sense getting over this last hump would be the most difficult. Or that maybe I was, despite my best intentions, still too much focusing on pink elephants. (Don't think of them!!) However in looking at what I have continually seen about people's cravings for sugar made me wonder as to my cutting carbs as well as some carb cravings.
                        As I was looking into this I found an article that explained that when you first quit alcohol your Serotonin levels plummet and leaves our bodies looking to replenish them. The way it does this is by craving carbs/sugar. I wonder if eating more leafy greens and meats with Tryptophan to boost seritonin would help with those sugar cravings? Probably another reason diet is so important and where the benefit of St. John's Wort lies.
                        https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4v9jNqnuYQpMzEwYzU1N2YtNTMwYi00ZTYyLTlkMGQtNjllO TgyNzlkNDg4/edit?hl=en_US
                        “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                        Newbies Nest Roll Call
                        Toolbox
                        Cattleman Cafe

Comment

I believe the reason we crave the sugar is that when we drink our liver converts the al into sugar. Definitely a correlation between the two.

Comment

I thought that too until I started looking into it.

Alcohol & Carbohydrates: Five Myths
                            “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                            Newbies Nest Roll Call
                            Toolbox
                            Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Hello everyone. I relapsed and am just coming off a week long binge. Each detox gets more and more brutal. This is by far the worst, and I've had some serious doozies. I've never felt this bad 24 hours in. I have to stop because I have a feeling the next one will enter seizure/DT territory for sure. I haven't had one yet this time, but I'm not out the woods. I was medically detoxed last month and can't afford a return visit. And the county facility is booked solid. Plus I can't be away from home for a week again. I am going to see an addiction psychiatrist tomorrow that a friend from detox recommended.

This one is so unpleasant that I don't think I'll pick up a bottle ever again. I don't think I had a firm commitment to quitting drinking in the past. But this detox has changed that. I don't want to ever be this miserable ever again. In addition to ongoing therapy and psychiatrist appointments, I need to step up my AA game and finally ask for a sponsor.
                              In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Hello everyone. I relapsed and am just coming off a week long binge. Each detox gets more and more brutal. This is by far the worst, and I've had some serious doozies. I've never felt this bad 24 hours in. I have to stop because I have a feeling the next one will enter seizure/DT territory for sure. I haven't had one yet this time, but I'm not out the woods. I was medically detoxed last month and can't afford a return visit. And the county facility is booked solid. Plus I can't be away from home for a week again. I am going to see an addiction psychiatrist tomorrow that a friend from detox recommended.

This one is so unpleasant that I don't think I'll pick up a bottle ever again. I don't think I had a firm commitment to quitting drinking in the past. But this detox has changed that. I don't want to ever be this miserable ever again. In addition to ongoing therapy and psychiatrist appointments, I need to step up my AA game and finally ask for a sponsor.
                                In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Working...
                                X