Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went for an assessment today and it seems I may be a candidate for Campral in the not too distant future. Tomorrow, I'm attending a relapse-prevention group. No cramps today yet. Yet.
    ?Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.?

― George Carlin

Comment

Daevid, You are making good progress. It may seem like baby steps to you but it is all part of what will get you to your quit. Hang in there. Stay close!

Comment

Yes, Daevid, you are doing it. Think about your future, how much better you will feel. I'll bet you're already noticing a change...

Don

Comment

Hi Folks
          I am back but still struggling. I have made a plan and written it down. Now I need to stick with it.
          This disease has progressed and it is getting harder and harder to quit. If I don't do it now it will kill me.
          I am determined this time and taking another run at it. I plan to go to an AA meeting today.
          will check in later.
          R4L
          Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

How are you doing Daevid? I know you are as frightened about the high liver count as you are about quitting drinking.. Sounds like you know what you need to do.. How are you doing? I have been posting on the newbies nest and i have put a plan in place for this upcoming business travel, I feel excited about having a plan and feel like its a wonderful place for me to start. Friends in the newbies nest are talking about stopping drinking AT people, and it is so true. i have drank AT my DH trying to kill him and only hurting myself.. Its so true.. Just hearing the words, the other words i keep hearing in the back of my mind came from someone here at MWO, not sure how long ago, but they said .."nobody wakes up in the morning and wishes they had drank the night before" That and other quotes from people have helped and continue to help me as i try and get a new AF day 1 under my belt...Hang in there!! :h

Comment

R4 life, i know just how you feel, i can feel the disease progressing and i know too if i dont stop , its going to kill me. I plan on starting AA meetings next week, when i return from my business trip, my plan is to not drink while i am out of town . packing my gym clothes, i will be away from DH and his meaness, blame and dirty looks and i will also have a short but much needed break from the kids. They have actually asked if they can stay at the babysitters house while i am gone.. and not stay home with DH..

Comment

Hi Whitemarsh
                I think our stories are similar. I am having marital troubles but still together. I know how you feel about the meanness. It is wearing to say the least. I need to clean up my act so that I am not a victim any more.
                R4L
                Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

Thanks for your support Whitemarshmom. Looking at the posts above, I thank my lucky stars that I am currently single in my early recovery. Relationships have always been a rollercoaster for me. I'm glad I have one less complication and I don't envy those with marital problems one bit.
                  ?Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.?

― George Carlin

Comment

I am so sorry for your marital problems. I can't imagine doing this without the help of my supportive hubby. Got through another day AF! Goodnight all

Comment

I'm sorry about your marital problems, too. Use this as motivation to quit drinking. If you drink, it will give your spouse something to hang over your head and use against you. Don't give them that power. Don't let them think you're weak. Show them you're strong and they cannot make you drink.

Make lemonade out of lemons.

Liz, I'm proud of you....

Don

Comment

Well, I'm going to a relapse prevention session today. This evening, I plan to go to AA. Scary facing all those folk after my 6 year relapse. Abdomen was virtually symptom free yesterday but I started getting twinges again at 04.00am. Very worrying.

― George Carlin

Comment

Some of it could be nerves, Daevid...

Comment

Thanks all

The marital problems i think have been the fuse to the drinking.. I need to stop drinking AT the problems and help myself Super excited about my plan that starts on Monday! Hang in there all, I am posting alot on the newbies nest.. I cant wait to add my name to Roll Call! ))))

Comment

Two Friday nights in a row no AL!

Comment

Hey Lizann,that's excellent !
                                Xx
                                Pat

Comment

Working...
                                X