Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all,late check in for me,went for a walk came home and posted on my other threads and remembered I had to get gas so flew out the door! How you doing Min?kids behaving? I didn't have to watch Louie last nite so I got a little break,it's so quiet when he's not here but at least the house stays clean haha,slow on here today,hope everyone is good
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi all! Hope everyone is guarding their AFness like you life depends on it!

Had a nice hike today. My dog is going to need a day off tomorrow. The trails have been hard on her feet. She needs boots! If we lived here, we'd have to buy her some.

Stay close everyone!

Comment

Keep up the hiking Ginger, it's good for the soul and for keeping AL at bay! Wishing everyone well, thanks for the link to Braggs as well Ginger.
        Pauly, it's nice to have some relaxing moments, with two boys and a husband all sports addicts those moments are rare. I take a lot of baths and lock the door (lol)!

Comment

Hi everyone, cold is at bay; there but not too bad. It's 3:00 a.m. and i am driving son and DIL to airport. They are going to Cuba and I'm watching the 18 month old along with his other Granny.

Still a sober soul.

Ginger when I get some sober time under my belt I want to talk to you about your eating habits and supplements in a little more detail. You have some very intelligent habits there my friend.

I am going to google 'menopausal sleep disruption' because my sleeping patterns are way off and I truly think it's because of the change of life. I sleep really lightly and am awake every hour on the hour but still feel relatively rested in the mornings. A little shaky right now because of the cold and the drive ahead of me to the airport in the snow but went to bed sober. I drank a full bottle of fizzy apple juice before bed so I sure am hydrated.

We seem to be on a roll with the latest batch of newbies and we are all mostly sober. Remember, if you screw up, keep coming back. This thread is about total acceptance.

Heading out now. Thanks again for keeping this thread alive. Without it I would be lost.
          "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
          Lao-Tzu

Comment

SS, sending you extra energy this next week as you keep up with the wee one. You'll need it! LOL Just think about how much harder this would be with a hangover! I'm here any time you want to talk about anything.

Hope everyone is stay vigilant about their AFness. If the drinking thoughts creep in, STOP and come here first. Even if it's just a little inkling in the back of your mind. Don't wait come here and talk about it.

Have a great AF weekend everyone!

Comment

Hey all,getting my blood drawn this morning and I'm sooo hungry! I always need a small snack to start my day so this is the pits check in Minstar what's everyone got planned for the weekend? I want to fanangle a dinner somewhere out of hubs tomorrow night, problem is we have Louie until 8 p.m I say we just take him but last time we took him to a restaurant we had to get to go boxes cuz he was being a maniac!climbing on the table, throwing food it was an embarrassing disaster, but that was awhile ago,maybe we'll try it,I want that "tour of Italy" at Olive garden before it ends on Sunday, listen to what Ginger said, if al thoughts creep in, get your buns here!hope we all have a Fabulous Friday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey Pauly, how'd the blood draw go? Did you get some food in you?

Comment

Blood went smoothly, I love the guy who does it because he's so gentle,I've had people before stick me like a voo-doo doll haha

Comment

Haha Pauly - I am a lab tech - we try not to do the voodoo doll thing - hehe
                    Glad it went smooth.
                    Have fun at dinner

Comment

Quick check in, doing fine. Busy couple of days and then I left my iPad at work, so i wasn't able to check in.

Comment

Glad everyone is doing well! Going out for dinner or any thing to treat yourselves is so important! I bought myself some new makeup today and felt great. Hope you got out for a nice dinner pauly. Keep checking in Lizann whenever you can...Some good advice Ginger, I am always trying to check in once a day to keep me on track, even just posting a short note keeps me in the AF frame of mind.

Comment

OH, exactly just stopping in for a quick read and posts keeps us all on the same page with our AF journey. Trying to do this alone is almost impossible. At least it was for me!!

Comment

Agreed! This is the last quit for me, I feel more confident than before, of course I have wobbly days but I like this thread cuz we all are supporting each other in the goal we want/need,I have weeks under my belt and I'm NOT giving them up,been reading around the holistic healing threads, I wish it was more active, I just read all the old pages that stuff is interesting to me,ugh,Louie wore me out! Early night for me,have a good one guys

Comment

Sober soul, I had trouble sleeping there for a few years during "the change". It does get better, hang in there! Long day, spent the night with some girlfriends, chatting, drinking green tea and eating chocolate. Lovely evening. Good night all.

Comment

Pauly, I'm all over the holistic stuff. I'll have to check out that thread. Let's do this!!

Comment

Working...
                                X