Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ginger!!!! Big Congrats on your 9 months, very inspirational! :applouse:

Thanks for such uplifting real posts cowboy. I tried AA but with my schedule and kids couldn't get there regularly, that is why I like MWO so much , it is so easily accessible, and I get so much from everyone's posts and feel safe here. Thanks so much everyone!

Minstar, you sound great, happy and busy and reflective on your past quits and what you need to do to make it work this time around for you. Keep up the great focus.

SS I really like your analogy about being AF for 9 months, I like thinking if I can get to that stage, I am actually being reborn into a better life, that I and my family deserve. It's a great way to think of the future.

Lizann the early to bed routine seems to be working for both of us, especially during these dog days of winter! Keep us posted on your kitchen renovations!

Welcome crockettaa this is a great thread, hope you join us on our journey to ditch AL for good. There are really great, inspiring people who are willing to help and listen. Wishing you the very best.

Well two more days to the weekend! Looking forward to some down time.

Comment

Welcome crocketta, pull up a chair, grab a coffee, read, post, and we'll all help each other help ourselves! This is great thread, a great group will the sole purpose of making sure this is our last umpteenth time! :welcome:
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi gang,
        Another busy day with work and our sons school activities. It is Catholic school week, so lots of extra events and silliness to join in on. I managed to clock over 12,000 steps on my Fitbit today.

Glad to see everyone post and having a good day. Welcome Crocketta. We love to have new friends.
        SS and Open Halo - love the 9 month analogy and the rebirth, new beginning. Nice.
        Early to bed for me, feel like I have something coming on and I am going to fight it off!!

Have a good evening and an even better Thursday.

Ginger - what state are you in now?

Comment

Southern Nevada. Boulder City ☺

Comment

Thanks open halo!
            Welcome crocketta!

Quick hello. Off to nap with my little one. 😴

Comment

Well guess what, milestones back to back among our threaders! No matter what the milestone, each one is important! So if you run into a certain angel who is still working on closing her halo, pass on a :hug: and say

open halo on your 2 month milestone!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi, Umpteenthers,

Stalking your thread to say CONGRATULATIONS to Ginger! Nine months is an awesome milestone - well on your way to a year and beyond.

Carry on...

Pav

Comment

Congratualtions Ginger! I'm so happy for you.
                  Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Open Halo, Great job on two months. You know what to do and you are making it happen! Thanks for hanging out with us and sharing your journey with us.

Comment

Congrats Open Halo on your two month milestone. That is an accomplishment in itself. Very proud to watch your success!
                      "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                      Lao-Tzu

Comment

Yay Open Halo,2 months is da bomb!and Ginger, I've been MIA and never congratulated you,your kicking al's ass and loving it hope you enjoyed your golfing today, I'm tired this afternoon, drank some coffee and I think it's backfiring, hate that feeling
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Wow - I am proud of my friends.

Open Halo - so great to be following along with you. You always have great posts and thoughts. Thanks
                          Ginger - you are an inspiration. So happy to have you as a friend. Thanks

I am grateful today for my friends on this thread!!

Comment

BeachGirly, I am with you, very grateful for this thread. It is a significant key to my 2 months of success thus far, I am looking to good days going forward, being inspired by those who are racking up those AF days!

Thanks cowboy for the beautiful shout out, so glad you are here with us!

Nice to see you pauly hope you've been doing well, can't do it just yet but thinking of trading in coffee for decaf teas.

Minstar those school activities can sap the energy out of you, hope you are saving time for just you, as hard as it can be sometimes.

One more day till Friday, YES. Sending some good wishes to everyone, let's get this weekend under our belt kicking AL to the curb! :heartbeat:

Comment

I know it's been said already but it's worth repeating, thanks so much SS for starting this thread, it has become a safe haven for us.

Ginger hope you are having a great time where it is WARM, living vicariously through you, thanks for always encouraging us newbies as we soldier on :hug:

Comment

Hit the floor running today! Took Cjs car for new tires, shopped for samples of back splash and plumbing supplies. Came home and started scrubbing cabinets inside and out. Did a bit of laundry. Ran out to pick up Cjs car and dinner and then continued cleaning. Only half way done with the cabinets and I have a small kitchen! I'm exhausted and honestly didn't even think of drinking today. Congrats on all the milestones, glad to be here with you all.

Comment

Working...
                                X