Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pauly, we're always here for you, actually we're all here for each other, all the time!

ring.gif
    Last edited by abcowboy; March 13, 2015, 08:32 PM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

So glad the weekend is here - I hope to have some time to read back and check in on everyone.
      See you all tomorrow

Comment

Howdy everyone, like BG, glad it's the weekend! Having coffee, reading through the boards, and appreciating another great morning! Halo, if you get a chance to see this, hope your holiday is going great! I'll post more later today, just had to do my duty again this morning..we have a quitter amongst us that doesn't count days, I don't count days either, but I do remember milestones, and she has one today...

Lizann on your 1 month milestone today!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great job on a month, Liz!

Comment

Cowboy, I love you!!! Thank you! Feeling good and appreciate the support! You guys are the best!

Busy long day yesterday. Spent the evening with a few girlfriends. I drank mango acai tea, which was delicious. (I'm not a tea drinker). I may have found my new drink of choice. Lovely evening, but a late one. Slept until 9 am which I never do. Rainy here today.
            Perhaps I will go shopping for blinds, other than that the kitchen is complete and it looks fabulous!!!

Happy Saturday!

Comment

Thank you ginger. Your kind words early on were very helpful. Thank you.

Comment

Wow Lizann - congratulations!!!

And Cowboy made you such a special picture for you- how cool.

You should be really
                Proud of yourself. You have worked hard, and have been a great support for so many others as well.
                What are you feeling has worked the best for you?

Comment

And - it is our lovely Gingers birthday!

Happy happy day. Hope you are being spoiled!

Comment

Ginger's birthday today?? How did you know BG?

Ginger!

Comment

She's on Facebook. That's how I found out. Happy birthday Ginger:love:

Comment

BG , thank you! I really think everyone watching me has helped. I especially don't want my son to see me like that! He worries about me and I don't want him to have to carry that burden. You guys have helped a lot, could not have done it without you all.

Comment

Thanks you guys!! So thankful to be part of this group. You are all so very important to me and my AFness. This last month with Mom has been a real challenge. Knowing you are out there helps so much.

I want to take a trip down the coast once Mom is settled and back in her home. Maybe June?? Keeping my eye on that prize!

Hope you all are having a great AF weekend. Wish we could all meet for coffee in the morning and chat in person.

Comment

Hi Lizann,
                            How old is your son? Did he know about the extent of your drinking?

Mine is 14 and he thought I "got silly" (which I do... anyways) . And at times he would get mad at me for stopping at the booze store. "not again"!
                            Then he made a few comments about my husband’s drinking - and it occurred to me that this was not the memories I wanted him to have of his youth, he deserved so much more.

So I did it. My husband did not think I needed to (maybe to justify his drinking??). So I called up a counselor and booked an appt. He was shocked, but did not disagree with me. Once I had gotten over that first week, he saw that he didn’t want to drink either.(at least around me). I know he still does after work with the guys, but we do not have any in the house now and neither of us pour a drink and sit around all evening.

Now I share my sparkling water with my son and there is no talk of AL.

At some point, when I am much stronger and further along, I will have a talk with him and explain everything. I am not sure if alcoholism is genetic, or passed on through families by association - but he has a long history of substance abuse in this family. So I want him to be aware, before it is a problem.

Man - never a talk I thought I would have to have with my son...

Comment

BG, sadly yes my son knows the full extent of my problem. He is 21. He told my husband it was a problem, my husband was not aware. I am embarrassed to say the least. All I can do now is be sober and be the mommy I used to be. I can almost see the relief in his eyes when he looks at me an knows I'm sober. Ok, I'm gonna wipe away my tears, put on my big girl panties and be the wife and mother they deserve! Thanks for asking beachygirl, I'm thinking you're going to have that talk soon?

Comment

Happy birthday Ginger! And looks like I missed a milestone. Congrats Liz!

BG - addiction does have a strong genetic component. My own history is an example as neither of my parents and almost all my blood relatives until the cousins don't drink.
                                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                                Toolbox
                                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Working...
                                X