Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liz,I hate that ugly after drinking depression, just drive straight home later, no stops!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I did Pauly, thank you!

Comment

Good girl LizI've had a super kick-back day,but I figure the cold or whatever will be better for work tomorrow if I just rest it off(good excuse for laziness) haha

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Liz, you don't enjoy drinking anymore. Remember that. It's important that you remember the way you feel now after you have drank and let yourself down. It's important that you remember that awful taste in your mouth the next day. It's important that you remember the good feeling you use to have when drinking is gone. It's important that you remember that drinking doesn't become you. It's important. :hug:

Don

Comment

Thank you chief!

Comment

Hi guys,

Like Chief says - it is how we think. I found when I changed my mindset - it worked. Not so much the awful stuff, but I have focussed on changing my thoughts to posistive. Anytime I get a neg thought I smack myself and change it around. So for me, instead of beating myself up (which I did alot, which led to more neg thoughts, which led to wine..) I now try to change it around. So I would say, hey - I am right back here, what have I learned? I am so happy I learned this and now it wont happen again.

For me it just keeps me more balanced, then the thoughts dont bug me as much.

Even though I am at almost 100 day, there are still tempations. Today, I was tired after work, and we talked about going out for dinner as our son is away for another day. So my husband suggested we go to the pub (which around here is the best food really). I just knew I could not face that today. To tired. So we came home and warmed up a bunch of odds and ends from the freezer - definitly not as good - but no AL.

Hang in there Liz and Pauly - we know you can do this - we have seen you get good numbers before :welldone:

Comment

Morning all, have company here, will get on later...Congrats on 100 days BG!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

BG, Way to go!!! 100 days is fantastic.

Comment

Congrats BG! Thanks for the post. I am a negative thinker. I will try what you suggest.
                    But, for today I am sober!

Comment

Been quiet around here lately, guess that's good means everyone is doing well had a lazy Saturday night, up early this morning but that's ok,even though I fantasize about sleeping in til like 10 am on a Sunday morning, in reality I only did that when hungover and who the hell wants that? I'd rather be a sober early bird not much planned for today, groceries and watching Louie, should go for my walk but I'm procrastinating hope everyone has a lovely Sunday

Comment

Good morning. I'm up early too Pauly. Wow, what a miserable night for me. I just tossed and turned, I think it was all the caffeine I consumed yesterday. Anyway church in a bit, then potluck afterwards. Need to keep myself busy and AF. Have a good Sunday everyone.

Comment

Morning everyone! Had a great visit with the BIL! He is another statistic of the oil downturn in Alberta, lost his job and is now going to start up his own business, he is in the IT field, computers, networks, etc. He is quite a bit younger than me and Bubba, and just bought a new home, so he has a hefty mortgage payment to stay on top of. He wanted to come and pick my brain on how to get started, the things he should and shouldn't do to get a successful business going. He got here Friday night and it was looking like he might have to stay another night with the spring snowstorm that blew in. He left for home early afternoon and called when he got home, said it was a miserable 4 hour drive, but he made it safe and sound. When I went to bed last night I got to thinking that in the past we both would have got into way to many beers and nothing productive would have come of his trip. As it was, he went away with a whole list of things that he can get started on tomorrow! And today, I have a date with a snow shovel!!

Liz and Pauly, love seeing you both posting! I know how hard it is to stay quit! For me, it was always easy to stay quit the first week or two, then the thoughts always came back that I'd proved to myself that I didn't have a problem, that I could "handle" it, then on to another binge! You'd think that I would have then realized that I couldn't. But the day comes, for all of us, when we know that we have to make the quit stick! I don't get too many thoughts of drinking anymore, but when I do, I just think of the next 24 hours if I did pick up that drink...

Just a thought, but since getting together for a coffee is out of the question, maybe we could figure out time zones for everyone and find a suitable time to flood the chatroom with the Quitters! And now that I have this Skype thing figured out, that might be another way to support each other when the going gets tough?

Have a great Sunday everyone, I have my usual Sunday morning paperwork ahead of me, then my driveway to clear, then I think I'll relax and read.. But the one thing I won't do is drink!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Wow! I slept til 7a and now I'm late. I'll check in later. Hi all...

Comment

Thank you for all the 100 day wishes. Hard to believe. I never focused on a quit before, I just kinda "stopped until...". So this has been a very different experience for me. I have had time to think about myself and why I drank. I have looked at the way this affects people around me and have actually made a decision not to drink, not just a little break between events.

Interesting thing - I was at Dr for yearly physical and all the questions as usual. She asked if I drank and I said NO, I have had nothing since the end of November. (when in Mexico). So she said - ok, you drink occasionally and wrote that on my chart. I wanted to yell - NO - I DO NOT DRINK. I wanted it written down on my chart! I did not say anything at all. I guess part of me is still very ashamed for this behavior. The good thing is that I know I have made a positive change in my life and that I feel fantastic.

Next week I am starting Dr Hymans 10 day detox. Get rid of all processed foods and eat real foods only. Reset our pancreas and livers to process food properly. This is another big goal. I have tried to do it myself, but I think the community support - like here- will be the turning point for me. Giving up the coffee is going to be the hardest part for me.

Hope you all have a peaceful Sunday, relax and get some fresh air.

Comment

BG I have heard about dr. Hymans let me know how it goes. I'm not ready for it now, but sometime soon, when my quit is stronger I want to do it. Right now coffee is just to much for me to give up too!
                                Cowboy, I think flooding a chat room sounds like a good idea. As you probably already know, I live in the northeast. Maybe that would strengthen my quit.
                                Ginger, how is mom.
                                So just got off the phone with my twin sissy. She is very down today and just asked quickly if I was ok. If course older sissy called while I was on the phone and she will call me back. She was away all week, unable to check in. Thankfully. I did not share my slip up to either one of them.
                                Took a walk already. CJ and joe are here. He came to church with us this morning, so on all levels my life is pretty good right this minute. No al for me today. Just gonna kick back after I make lunches for tomorrow and get my coupons clipped.
                                Maybe I'll. Check back later and see what's new with you guys. Thank you for support this past week and for NOT judging me! It means the world to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X