Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mama, Welcome to our thread. So glad you stopped by. What worked for me was having a plan for all the triggers that came along. There are so many AL messages bombarding us from every direction; we just have to have a plan for all those times. Also, in the beginning I was glued to this site! Even when I was away from home, I'd check the site from my phone. When I was away from connectivity, I'd print stuff out and take it with me. Just knowing I had the printout in my purse or pocket made me feel stronger. I knew if I didn't stay close, I'd waver and drink. Check out the toolbox. There are some great resources there.

Liz, I often wake up with a headache too. It always pisses me off. Like....what? I didn't even drink anything. NOT FAIR!

Pauly, ABC, OH, Chief, Piper, BG, hi to all. You guys are my rock!
    Last edited by Ginger999; April 9, 2015, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Welcome mama. Sometimes for me, it's one minute at a time. Distract yourself, keep busy. Can you exercise? Do you have a "plan"? Someone posted on this site somewhere and it was powerful for me. Have an attitude of gratitude, not deprivation
      I find reading posts hear and posting to be enormously helpful we've all been there and we understand. Hang out with us, let us help you.

Comment

Thanks for the supportive posts. My children are two girls and a boy. I am using AA this time around at least for now. Can't do this on my own and I really need in person support. I have a few groups where I am comfortable and two really nice supportive women who check on me. I am not comfortable with the concept of what feels like confession each time someone speaks. i read more and more about alcohol use disorder (AUD) rather than the "label" of alcoholic.

Anyway my 2cents and hope everyone has a good day.

Piper

Comment

image.jpg

Comment

I did it! One moreimage.jpg

Comment

I've never heard of AUD piper. I will do some research on it. I have started in a group about two weeks ago. I'm not sure it's for me though. I shall see. Do you live alone? I have my family watching me, so that makes it difficult for me to drink.
              Anyway, posted 2pics of my upgraded kitchen project, which is now complete. Check back later.

Comment

Nice Liz welcome Mama, Piper, I'm using AA this time too,like you said I need the in person contact, haven't gone in a bit though cuz I'm looking for a new group, two girls and a boy is a blessing hope everyone enjoys the day, I'm zooming out the door
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I had my girls with me (one at a time for short periods) and it didn't matter. The lengths I went to to hide wine was ridiculous but I always had my stash and timed my drunk for when they were home. I even had back surgery and managed to keep it up. I have gone to and hated many mtgs and finally found a pretty awesome funny group. It is also a combo group with a breakout of beg inner mtg and step mtg. So you can stay in beg. For as long as you want. I think even more than stopping drinking I need to at least examine the 12 steps and why I do what I do am am how I am. There are some serious issues under the drinking I can't even begin to comprehend and I am looking for a counselor or therapist as well. I am cautious though as a long time ago I filled a prescription for anabuse and when I tried to get health insurance outside of a work plan it raised big red flags. I unfortunately believe it was a huge mistake although I have read with the new Heath care in the US the issue of mental heath and AUD may be treated more medically and scientifically rather than spiritually (which is how AA works).

Comment

Piper what is beg meeting?

Comment

Morning everyone! It's shopping day for me! I have to go pick up the material to do another bathroom renovation, this one is a complete redo, so it will take a while. I get the customer to go online to HomeDepot, or visit the store closest to them, pick out the plumbing fixtures, light fixtures, tile, etc. and write down all the product numbers. Then I go and pick up everything in the quantities needed. I love shopping with somebody else's money lol.

That was as far as I got this morning till I was auto-logged off!! I hate that feature!! Anyway, all done shopping and I thought I'd check in...

Hi mama! Welcome to the group! Share as much or as little as you want, but the important thing is to come here everyday and let us help however we can!!

Piper, one thing I learned from my counsellor is that you need to change your mindset about quitting. Instead of negative self-talk, ie - I'm hanging in there by a thread, use positive self-talk, ie - I got through yesterday without drinking, so I can do it today! For me, if I start to feel negative about what I'm doing, in anything, I'm just setting myself up to fail. So, fill that head with positive thoughts! Thanks for sharing who you are, I can't even contemplate raising triplets, so obviously you have inner strength to get through that, just remember that and reach inside yourself and apply it here! One day a time remember... and further to my above paragraph Piper, on the home page at the top under "First time here? Read our FAQ" I posted how to recover lost or logged out posts, hope it helps..

Liz, the new kitchen looks fantastic!! Great job you guys!! Now, "he" is your SIL? Did I miss something?? Details please!!

And that's enough for now, have to get back to unloading the truck, will post more later tonight...
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Sorry beginner mtg

Comment

Cowboy he has been my SIL for almost a year! He is married to our oldest Erin. May 16th it will be one year. Thanks for asking.

Comment

Cowboy, I like the idea of changing our thinking I live too much in the past, regretting all of the bullshit, Byrdie wrote a wonderful post in the nest about giving up the past, it's over can't change it, and honestly if we could somehow travel back in time, wouldwe quit?or did it take years of sadness, remorse, mistakes to finally get us where we needed to be to make this change? I definitely would have gotten some antabuse earlier, dunno why the doc didn't give it to me years ago, I've always been completely honest with him about my drinking, he just gave me campral which made me have anxiety and I seen things out of the corner of my eye, totally weird wish I could take it cuz it's supposed to rewire the brain, the only thing bad about being honest with the doc is it's ALL over my medical chart plus I was looking at life insurance for me and hubs and it asks if you have been treated for alcoholism, can't lie,I'm sure they'd look, oh well, hope everyone is having a nice afternoon
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                              Now, "he" is your SIL? Did I miss something?? Details please!!.
                              Son-in-law not sister-in-law

Mom got her cast off today and can start to bear weight! She can also use her shoulder a little so we should see good PT progress now!! Happy DAY!

Comment

Thanks Ginger ^^^ feeling a bit stupid right now....lol
                                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X