Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all!
    Quick check in. Hope everyone is fine.

Beachy it's a version of the GMain diet. Give it a Google. It works well for me as I'm a veggie so a lot of diets I fail.

It's actually interesting to see how my mind is now so occupied with what to eat/ what can I make that I've spent less time thinking of a drink.

If all that comes of this is a week free of AF and me more mindful of what I'm eating. In happy.

I'll have to look up Dr Hymans. I don't think I've ever heard of it.

Sorry short one. Hope you're all ok.

- check in again later x

Comment

Hello All,

I'm Back. Starting over at Day 1.

I got to Day 3 about a week ago. Then things went really WRONG with me drinking agian EVERY DAY.

At first I did not post because I was embarrassed. But I am determined to do this.

Comment

mama, it's okay to feel embarrassed, it's your soul talking to you, but never feel like you don't belong here! As Ginger said, even if you slip, you are welcome here, how else could we support you! Now you just have to figure out why you didn't get to Day 4, and be determined not to let it happen again! Don't worry, we've all been there and no one here will turn you away..

Ginger, best of luck to hubby with his surgery today, and best wishes for a speedy recovery! Sounds like you get to wear your Wonder Woman outfit for a few more weeks!

Liz, you going to the meeting tonight?

BG, Congrats on graduating! And as your teacher said, don't bite off more then you can chew!

MS, great to see you working on something that keeps your mind off AL!

AG, what kind of distance does 10,000 steps equate to?

OH, how's things out your way? Habs going to sweep tomorrow night?

Pauly, keep it up lady, you're gittin' er done!

Piper, Chief, SS, and those I missed, hope things are well in your respective worlds! Have a great day my friends!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hey all, Min,I think focusing on diet is a good distraction, I've been looking into gluten/dairy free ways of eating and with all the research and recipes to try,who has time to think about drinking? Liz,well done on 30 days Mama, NEVER be embarrassed to post!look at me,I've been here for 3 years made an ass out of myself drunk posting and insulting members, relapsed countless times, but here I am still, I need this place for my sanity/sobriety, Cowboy, hope you're enjoying your hockey, it's not on ESPN as much as it should be, only a game here and there,been in a funk for a bit,I think being sick last week, then back spasms after that,then female stuff, just too much in a row,gotta make sure I take care of myself and get my exercise in, hope everyone enjoys their Tuesday, hello to all, back later gators
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi all - going to be a busy Tuesday today as I have to travel for work tonight. This has been a trigger in the past (isn't everything for me, ugh!) but I have a plan and am gearing up.

I am tracking my 10,000 steps through a Fitbit. 10,000 steps is about 5 miles or for you Cowboy a little over 8 kilometers. I'm pretty sure it is not 100% accurate but who really cares. It is the only thing that will influence my behavior for some reason. I've tried fitness apps, journaling, etc. and I just end up logging in what actually happens, it doesn't make me change. For some reason this does. I need about an hour's walk to get it all in plus other random steps throughout the day. As I work on the computer it is helpful to get me moving (e.g. up and down the stairs, walking when I'm on the phone) even when I'm not on my walk(s).

Mama, I so know how you feel. Welcome back and I'm glad you are here.

I'll check back in tonight! Have a peaceful Tuesday all!

Comment

Morning all....

Mama, glad you are back and determined! We need you here. You will reach your goal, if you keep trying and you are! Stay close and stay with us!

Today is Joe's shoulder surgery so off to hospital. Keep him in your thoughts. He's really nervous about this and I am too, I have to admit. Not so much for the surgery but for the anesthesia. He'll be fine but I worry.

Mom is doing great since being able to bear weight. I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel with her! She'll probably be home in the next few weeks. It's been a long haul for her but dang she's a fighter and she's going to get home and back to her active life!

Pauly, hang in there! BG, Min, ABC, Chief, SS, Liz, AG have a great AF Tuesday! Check back later....

Comment

Hope surgery went well Ginger.
                Mama- my millions of failed attempts. Please keep
                Coming. Not coming makes the AF days rack up.
                Thanks everyone else. Short post as I'm shattered. I'm don't with D2 AF and D2 diet. Both have been ok.

Stay strong everyone d

Comment

Hey guys, sorry I've not been around. My wonderful coworker called in sick today, after ten days of vacation. AGAIN! My manager is not happy either. So another 10+ hour day for me. I did read back. Mama, please keep coming back here. I've had many firsts as well. That's why we are here. We help each other. Any AF day is a good day.
                  MinStar you sound like your doing very well.
                  Dinner at my girlfriends was fun. She doesn't drink, she's on a diet. So we had a salad and water! LOL! It was a delicious salad
                  Well off to my meeting in a bit. Gonna try this again.

Comment

Ginger, his did hubby make out?

Comment

Evening everyone. I had a relaxing day. I was working, but it was a “no income” day. Through the winter months, I install natural gas lines into whatever building I’m working on. The “code book” states that these steel gas lines have to be protected from the elements. Simply put, they need to be painted so they won’t rust. Hard to paint outside when it’s -20 lol. Today was my “painting day”. I drove around the countryside to the numerous gas lines and painted the exterior portion. Beautiful sunny day, 21C (72F) and very little wind. Tunes playing on the truck stereo, and me painting away! It was a great day and I'm doing Great. Not just 'OK' anymore, 'Great' with a capital G. And for the most part, I love my life, top to bottom, inside and out, and it’s been a long time since I’ve felt this way. I wake up with gratitude and feeling hopeful about the day, I have energy enough to get me through whatever workload I have planned, and that is such a blessing, to have energy again! And my sleep is deeper, more refreshing and no longer disturbed by waking up sweating, full of guilt and shame. I'm happier than I have been in years. More importantly, I'm not waiting for the bubble to burst. I have found my place, I don't always like it very much but I'm happy to be here and for the first time in my adult life I can honestly say I am not depressed or even a little bit down. This is not to say that I'm all crazy about life, just that I recognise that I’m going to have a few bad days mixed in with all the good ones, but now, it’s a lot easier to get through those bad days. I wouldn't be at this point in my sobriety if it weren't for the lessons I've learned, and for all the help and support from you guys! Of course Bubba, my family, and even Hank have a lot to do with this happiness as well. It is so true that it only takes one day at a time and each day gets a little easier!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Wow cowboy you sound amazing! Went to the meeting and it was better than last week. I will continue with it.
                        Watching a cooking show, man I could eat! Off to bed for me.

Comment

Glad to hear the meeting went okay, give it a few more and see how it goes! Have a bedtime snack already! lol

Comment

Glad everyone had a good day. Hopefully G999's hubby's surgery went well. Good day for me, very busy, but productive. Should have seen me running in place in my hotel room to get my last 1,000 steps, lol!! I will wake up refreshed and clear headed tomorrow, I certainly haven't always done that here. Goodnight all!

Comment

Long day for hubby... He was scheduled for 9:30 and didn't go back to surgery until 2p. Sure glad he's a patient guy because that was a LOOOONG wait. He came through fine though. It will be a long recovery. Two to three months of rehab and six months until he's fully recovered. Looks like no golf for him until we head south again. "/

I'm beat so heading to bed. Stay well my friends. I'm so glad you are all out there!
                              Last edited by Ginger999; April 22, 2015, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Ginger, glad things went well. Rest up, you've got a lot on your plate.
                                4:30 wake up call for me. Ann called in sick again! Another long day. I miss hanging out with you guys. Sober but tired! Have a good one!

Comment

Working...
                                X