Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No quitting on your quit!! I like that. How many times have I given up on myself? Threw away the prize? Stumbled at the finish line? Fed my dragon? Shot myself in the foot? Let myself down? Ensured my own failure? Prevented my own success? Interrupted my destiny? Scarred my own soul? Returned to living in a dream rather than face the pure, clear, naked consciousness of being that is myself?

How many?
    Last edited by SoberSoul; May 10, 2015, 06:12 PM. Reason: sp
    "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    Lao-Tzu

Comment

Morning all. Quick check in.

Happy bDay Cowboy! I raise and ice Cooke sparkling water with lime and dash of elderflower ��

Comment

This is a great thread! I wanted lend my support to Pauly and Nora and I love all the enthusiasm here!
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

How`s everyone doing after the Mother`s Day weekend.. I hope you all had great weather if this is the springtime in your part of the world. OK, fellow relapsers, can we stick it out this time... let`s listen to the wise ones: Mama Bear, AB Cowboy, Ginger, Chief and all the others who are hanging around to lend a hand. My appreciation for those that get through the worst of recovery and still come here to lend support is huge. What would we do without you I ask...
          "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
          Lao-Tzu

Comment

Morning everyone! Got up early this morning so I have a little extra time... Mama bear, thanks for stopping in, why not stick around and share some of our enthusiasm, we'd love to have you!

Forecast is for a great week of weather and no booze, so should get lots of acres seeded! Thursday Bubba has her appointment with her orthodontal surgeon to get the titanium post set in her jaw ready for the implant, so I'll have a day off the tractor lol. Have a great day my friends, keep it between the lines eh...
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Ouch cowboy, that sounds painful! Enjoyed my Mother's Day, honestly though I did not feel worthy of the honor. Had breakfast at church. Came home and threw some steaks on the grill. Planted some flowers in my pots. Went to my parents in the evening. CJ boyfriend is thinking of buying a coffee shop pretty close to where my parents live, so we went to see it. This is what he wants to do. He is putting medical school on hold. Is it me?
              Just another cloudy warm day here. Nothing exciting planned. Food shopping and laundry.
              Didn't sleep well. Lucy threw up at like 3:30 this morning, ugh!
              Have a good Monday guys.

Comment

Hi all! Mama, nice to see you here. Stick around!

We had a great Mom's day at our oldest son's. I thought it was just going to be a small affair but low and behold all three of my sons and families were there with kids in tow. What a treat to see them all together. That gets harder as everyone gets older. The weather was perfect and special vegan options were available for me!

Some one asked me recently if they should give up coming to MWO because they just can't seem to make their quit stick. The answer to that question for anyone thinking that way is: NONONO! This site/thread is exactly where you SHOULD be if you are struggling. We are here to help each other make this our last quit. It may take a while to make your quit stick but if you want it, it will. How long that takes is up to you but it will and you need to be here. Each one of you add something special to this thread that we all need. Keep coming back no matter where you are in your quit!!

Happy AF Monday!!!

Comment

Happy Monday! Is it your birthday Cowboy? I lit the candles!!
                  Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 11.03.39 AM.png

Rain, dreary day in this part of the nest but I'm going to try to make the best of it. Have a great day all (especially you Cowboy!) and I'll check in later . . .

Comment

Quick check in from work. Just wanted to tell everyone to have a FANTASTIC monday.
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey - I want to join the party.
                      Long double work day - but I am on top of the world- I can do this.

So glad to see other joining in.

How did I miss it was Cowboys b day?
                      Happy day my friend.

Have a wonderful day!!
                      Check in later

Comment

image.jpg

Comment

This TedTalk is a little long but it really spoke to me . . . check it out. I feel like I have so much to learn but am grateful for this community!

Comment

ABC, How did we miss your birthday (or should I say "I")? Happy birthday to you my friend! Hope it's a good one.

Comment

Happy Birthday ABC!!! I hope you are enjoying your special day and wish you a magical year ahead! Thank you so much for being such a positive and constant support in the MWO Community! :hug:

AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Hi quitters! Trying this from my phone again...you're right Ginger, posting from a phone is brutal, so trying something different....going to type in "notes" then copy and paste in my reply.

MS, you got a rumour going lol If everyone reads back a bit, you'll see it was Chief's belly button birthday, not mine. But Don, don't worry, I didn't stick my fingers in any of your cakes lol At least I know now how much you guys read my posts haha!
                                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X