Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking in . . .

PW - how are things today with your daughter? I've been sending lots of good thoughts and prayers your way. If you feel comfortable, can you give us more details? If not, no worries, I so understand. This sucks. I hope you are ok.

Cowboy- yep, he is Deadliest Catch except he longlines, not crabbing. Gulf of Alaska, not Bering Sea. Still a pretty high risk job! Really same thing no crab pots just flying bait and hooks when long line is set. That probably does not make sense but may give you a visual.

Liz - let's just cross our fingers and hold our breath.

BG - Um, wow, tough stuff. I can't imagine, haven't had to deal with that yet. Please stay strong, he needs you. Let us know if there's anything we can do.

OH - How are you? what's going on in your life?

I am doing well. Work trip now through Friday. Staying strong but only 7,887 steps today. All day meetings are tough. I'm fortunate that I work with a lot of non-drinkers or very little drinkers. No booze fests in my work world. Stay strong peeps! Get your steps in!! AG

Comment

Quick check in before bed.
      Thanks for all the kind words regarding hubby. He is felling much better today.
      More details of his cancer later - when I am at the computer and not cell phone in bed ��

Glad to see everyone checking in and supporting each other in life. How cool is this???

Let's get 5000 steps total for wed.
      Log your numbers and we will see how we do as a team

Comment

I meant

Comment

Morning friends! Another great morning, things are good, things are good...

BG, I agree with you, this is a place to support each other through all of life's trials, not just recovery! It's great to have a place where we can share all of our problems without worrying what others may think, kind of like having a group of counsellors at your beck and call!

AG, I think I know what you were explaining, your hubby fishes like the crew on "Perfect Storm"?

Pauly, no problem, that's what friends are for! :hug:

Liz, an old saying "you can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl" lol All you city folks should think about spending a week vacation at a ranch, see how the poor folk live haha.

Not much else to contribute this morning, so I'm going to steal one of Liz's lines, "did I mention I love you guys!"
          Last edited by abcowboy; June 10, 2015, 08:12 AM.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Morning all another busy day with appts for mom. I have lunch with a friend today first. It will be nice to catch up with her. She works at the college I retired from so I get the "scoop" when we get together.

BG, I'd love to post steps but I don't have a pedometer. I can post miles?? Glad hubby is feeling better.

Hope everyone is doing well! Have a great hump day.

Comment

Hmm,5,000 steps sounds better today,not too motivated to do much,youngest flies back to Portland today,I'm gonna miss her I've got the 3 P's today,pms,paws,Portland,gonna have to be vigilant about my mood,plus I gave myself a perm(another P) that looks like shit! 1987 called and they want their hair back! Should have waited for Kell to do it,but my spur of the moment ways hope we all have a nice Wednesday
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

P.S,no ranching for this city chick!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

ABC, I'm an old cowgirl stuck in the city. I'd love your ranch! Haven't owned a horse in 15 years though. Probably couldn't mount one now without a step stool. LOL (actually pretty sure that's sadly true)

Walked 3 miles with the real Ginger then road the recumbent bike 4.5 miles. Now off to shower and have lunch with a friend then take Mom to her dr appt. Hoping they will release her to start driving again. Keep your fingers crossed my friends!

Later....

Comment

Wow, Ginger I'm sure you are starting us off with your 10,000.Great job. I'm only half way there so heading out for a long walk. Check in later.

Comment

Ha- I can't find my Fitbit. I had it friday but it is not where I leave it. I might have to guess today - more later
                      Last edited by BeachGirly; June 10, 2015, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Would love to spend time on a farm or ranch cowboy or in a hotel room sleeping for 48 hours. So tired, countdown to summer vacation is here, great work on those steps ladies. Way to go, as long as we keep moving forward it doesn't matter whether it's 5,000 or 50,000! Keep up the great work!

Comment

Howdy everyone! Just a quick check in to show you all how Hank is contending with this heat wave lol

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Adorable

Comment

OMG hank is adorable!!! No way would Lucy ever do that. Sounds like everyone is doing great!
                              Well maybe not you Pauly. I. Sorry you are dealing with the Ps today. Sending you hugs. You did have me laughing with the 1987 wants it's hair back. Yup had one back in the day too.
                              Such a fun day for me with my sisters and my niece in the city today. Did you guys see me on TV? After the taping of the show we went for a late breakfast and just walked around, Maybe 50,000 steps?
                              Keeping it classy here.

Comment

Hey - just found my Fitbit - it says I took 7 steps today - hahaj- I will do much better tomorrow !

Love to see the hair doo Pauly - sounds cool

Comment

Working...
                                X