Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning. Woke up with a wicked sinus headache! Took some Advil and slept for like another hour. Still congested but at least the pain is gone. I have a grad party later. I was kinda worried about the drinking or rather not drinking. But my sinus headache will work well. God is good. Anyway, off for a walk before the rains. Then Mark and I will take Lucy to the pet store. It's her birthday tomorrow:yay: we are going to my parents for Father's Day. My sisters dog will be there as well. Party hats and treats for the girls, photos to follow. Have a good one.
    Cowboy, today it choose to be happy:happy2:

Comment

Bri, we are kindred spirits! I'm a big pet rescue advocate and work with one of our local orgs doing web/tech stuff for them. I took my vegetarian lifestyle to veganism due to the animal cruelty I witnessed and heard about in my work with them. I'm very aware of the Yulin atrocity. Thank you for bringing it to light here.

We have a wedding tonight for a dear friend's daughter. There will be wine flowing I'm sure but I DON'T DRINK! Have a great weekend everyone.

Comment

Hello-
        I am on what seems like my millionth quit. I manage to quit anywhere from a few days to a few months (once even five years).
        I am determined to make this quit my last and I realize that I need to reach out to make this quit stick. I know I have failed in the past by isolating myself and not actively working on recovering.
        This time it is not a specific "rock bottom" moment that has brought me here. It is the realization that I have been living at rock bottom for most of my adult life.

JackieM

Comment

Welcome, Jackie
          It sounds like you're ready to be done. The group support has meant everything to me.
          Do you have a plan for later today?
          All the best, NS

Comment

Thanks NS-
            My plan for the past several days has been the same:
            1. Keep myself busy cleaning/organizing (my sister is coming out to visit soon so it needs to be done)
            2. Drink plenty of tea&sparkling water
            3. Listen to The Bubble Hour (knowing there are millions of people out there just like me is really helping)
            4. Read on MWO
            5. Take my dogs for a long walk

I am ready to let go of all the fear and anxiety this addiction has caused me.

JackieM

Comment

Sounds good, Jackie! So it sounds like you're already past day one - congratulations! One thing that made me almost mad was how much less scary quitting was than I thought it would be. And all the anxiety I was feeling was because I was drinking!

You're definitely not alone. We all were susceptible to addiction, consumed a legal, socially acceptable/promoted addictive substance, and so ended up addicted. Not surprising, really, once we understand what's going on. But the good news is we have the power - as long as we don't drink it, alcohol can't hurt us. The day I realized I never had to drink again was one of the best of my life. I hope you feel that way soon!

Comment

Hi Jackie, I remember you,its been awhile! Sounds like you have a plan in place, that's great,stick around
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly-
                  Yes, unfortunately it has been awhile. I remember talking to you years ago about Campral.
                  It seems my m.o. has been to get drunk, make an ass of myself, then come to MWO because I am so disgusted with myself. I post for awhile then relapse and don't come back. I am really hoping to change that.
                  As I stated earlier, this time nothing (other than drinking everyday) specific has sparked my return. I just feel an overwhelming desire to be done with alcohol once and for all.
                  Thanks for saying hello to me.

Jackie

Comment

Jackie!

I don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting you like Pauly has, but hopefully I'll get to know you better in the coming days, weeks, months, and years!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Welcome Jackie!
                      I too have been here on and off....need to quit...(again)...will stick by here as much as I can this time. You should too.

Ginger, we are kindred spirits indeed. I just felt the need to post it on here...to post it everywhere, to bring awareness. I was wrong when I said that the festival was tomorrow though - it's probably over by now as they are 12 hours ahead.
                      I just can't handle the cruelty done to animals. It really tears me apart.
                      I do hope that the wedding you went to went well!

Comment

Welcome, Jackie! Glad you found this thread. We are just a bunch of quitters trying to stay quit. Sounds like you have a good plan. That's the first step. Looks like we are in the same area. Hope to see you around a lot!

The wedding was beautiful. I never once felt like drinking. However, I felt out of place once the drinking started. People started getting loud and rowdy and I just wanted to go home. I just didn't fit there. We stayed until all the cake cutting, garter tossing, father/daughter dancing, etc was over then we said our goodbyes and left. Hmmm just glad it's over.

Bri, it is so heartbreaking what people do to animals. I say there's a special place in hell for people that abuse children, old folks and animals. I hope I'm right this time!

Heading to the mountains for a hike tomorrow. Should be a gorgeous day! Stay close everyone.

Comment

Welcome from me too, Jackie! Visit MWO everyday, and continue to engage yourself in the threads. There is so much power and wisdom in this community. If you take advantage of all that is has to offer, your load will be lightened. :hug: Days strung together = your greatest ally.
                          AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Ginger, good for you! Did you dance at all? I just love weddings.
                            Happy Father's Day Cowboy!

Comment

Hi everyone... and thanks Liz! Heading out to the farm today, our son is coming over to help me set the posts for the addition to the seacan. I put in the corner posts a few weeks ago, so now there are 8 more to go. Hoping we'll get all of them cemented in and a few more stumps pulled at the front of the lane. It's always slow on most of the threads on weekends, hope that doesn't deter the newbies, you'd think weekends would be the time we need support the most!

Good going on the wedding Ginger! Bubba and I were also at a wedding a while back, stayed till after the first dances and then went home. Even though I feel strong in this quit, I'm not going to push it... Bubba and I love to dance, we used to teach country dance lessons, but dancing and drinking go together in my mind, so until I'm confident I can enjoy dancing without drinking, it'll just have to wait...

BG, OH, Pauly, AG, Chief, Min, Bri, Jackie, hope you're all having a good weekend as well! Has anyone heard from SS, I see she hasn't been on her blog site or here in quite some time?
                              Last edited by abcowboy; June 21, 2015, 08:15 AM.
                              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Liz, no dancing here. I've never been much into that and neither is DH. The only way I'd get up and dance was if I had a snoot full. Not happening anymore so guess dancing isn't either. LOL I'm good with that.

ABC, don't work too hard out there today. Hope you get to the place where you can enjoy your dancing again. I love to watch people that enjoy it! I haven't texted with SS for awhile but last time I did she was taking her Mom home and things were good with her.

BG, how's Mom? My Mom drove yesterday for the first time since breaking her leg in January. She was so HAPPY! It was wonderful to see her like that again. She felt hopeful that things might get back to normal for the first time since all this happened.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday. We are headed to the mountains. My favorite place to be!

Comment

Working...
                                X