Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy everyone! Pretty quiet weekend up here in the north 40, but that's a good thing!

Liz, we just about have Hank switched over to a new brand of food, he's doing a lot better so I guess the vet was right! No more droopy ear or head shaking...and he's getting back to his old boisterous self.

I've been thinking over the past few days that this is a good time for me to step back a bit into the shadows. No, I'm not leaving, I'll be reading, but I think you quitters have got things going in the right direction and I really feel that you can lean on each other to keep adding up your days...and make sure you do that! This is my home thread now, and I'll always be a quitter, so don't worry.... I will still do my 24 hour commitment, and my gratitude post, and keep an eye on all of you :hug:

Have a great week everyone! Never, ever, quit on your quit!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for being the first to welcome me abcowboy and for "looking out" for folks here. Lurking and reading is always a good thing too.
      Addy (All Done Drinkng...Yes~)
      "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Just checking in quickly. Had a very stressful workday, then had to go to the store and it was all I could do to not get some wine. I backtracked to the other end of the store and bought a bar of chocolate instead. By the time I got home, I didn't need the chocolate anymore, so it is waiting in the fridge until I need it.

Jackie, thanks for reminding me of the Bubble Hour. I have that on my podcast app on my phone but I had forgotten about that so will make a point of listening.

Liz, I'm glad Lucy is getting better. My dog won't eat dry dog food either (tried so many brands over the years). He got sick when he was about 18 months old and went off all dog kibble, so I have been making his food ever since. He has always had a sensitive tummy. When I boarded him a few months ago, he would hardly eat any of his food (fortunately it was only for 3 days) and then when we returned he was not well and it took him a couple of weeks to start eating/playing/acting normally again, so I think it might have been the stress of being left. ABCowboy, I am glad your Hank is doing well.

Stay strong Addy - you can do it one day at a time. Hope everyone else is doing okay. Good night all.
        Last edited by Knitty; July 19, 2015, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Hi Knitty!

Just a quick comment about your dog boarding.
          We Finally (after 3 years) managed to go to the open day where my husband had boarded his 2'hounds for years. We learnt they also have a "homeless/up for adoption area mixed with the weekenders/boarders. The howling was unbearable and they are all sharing the same space. Unbelievably stressful. We won't take our animals there again, in fact they are going with us on vacation this summer (wherever we end up?)
          We had no idea what is was like for them and they were always okay... I felt terrible we had ever left them there. Especially since I only boarded my dachshunds twice in their little lives. I look at big dogs as a bit more resilient.
          I know sometimes we have to leave our beloved pets, just wanted to share the experience.

Originally posted by Knitty View Post
          Just checking in quickly. Had a very stressful workday, then had to go to the store and it was all I could do to not get some wine. I backtracked to the other end of the store and bought a bar of chocolate instead. By the time I got home, I didn't need the chocolate anymore, so it is waiting in the fridge until I need it.

Jackie, thanks for reminding me of the Bubble Hour. I have that on my podcast app on my phone but I had forgotten about that so will make a point of listening.

Liz, I'm glad Lucy is getting better. My dog won't eat dry dog food either (tried so many brands over the years). He got sick when he was about 18 months old and went off all dog kibble, so I have been making his food ever since. He has always had a sensitive tummy. When I boarded him a few months ago, he would hardly eat any of his food (fortunately it was only for 3 days) and then when we returned he was not well and it took him a couple of weeks to start eating/playing/acting normally again, so I think it might have been the stress of being left. ABCowboy, I am glad your Hank is doing well.

Stay strong Addy - you can do it one day at a time. Hope everyone else is doing okay. Good night all.
          Last edited by Eloise; July 20, 2015, 12:02 AM.
          (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Morning all!
            Aaah Cowboy! Please don't go to far. Your posts always inspire me. M
            Hope everyone is doing well. A quick one for me. Need to snooze whilst baby down. I have been up since 5am :-/

Comment

Ah me too MinStar. Still getting up at 5am. Thanks for the dog info guys. I have never boarded my dog. Whilst growing up we did and our dog wouldn't eat the whole time. It is traumatic for them I think. I will miss you cowboy. I admire and strive for you commitment! Just the usual for me today. I skyped with Mark yesterday. The house is so quiet.

Comment

Unfortunately I broke my 4 day run and gave in too easily.
                I could keep on going and run...feel I disappoint those here who are helping me. But, looking at it another way, I have had more AF days since coming back, so things are moving forward. So I will keep going until I string those days together without breaking.
                So back to the sober living!
                IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Daisy! Don't worry on the one day. Focus on the AF days as you said. Try not to drink today. I get into a downward spiral and continue to drink- as if I know I have limited days of drinking. It's so stupid.

I hope today brings renewed strength!

Glad you fur baby feelif better Lizann! How's Mark doing? X

Comment

Hey all,Knotty,I think chocolate is always gonna be a good distraction Daisy,for some reason that 4- day mark used to be my downfall, Cowboy, I could kinda sense you were backing off this thread,but we gotta do what's right for ourselves, had a nice day yesterday, an outing out with the family at a park we like on the west side that has a little fishing hole,didn't fish,but fed geese/ducks,found peacock feathers and had a little picnic of turkey and cheese on everything bagels no booze,no thought of booze,F-booze!sounds like everyone is well,back later,hope everyone has an unManic Monday
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Very quiet here today....time to rally up the troops!

Comment

Hello all!
                        I agree Daisy. Been quiet in here. I've also fallen after nearly two weeks. Back on it again today. I did the longest AF time in aong while so determined to keep going.

My downfall- the weekend and having a treat. Need to find another treat and not see AL as the treat. I would also like to use the time to maybe pick up a book or something. I know this time boredom came out as a big trigger. Gosh. My list is endless!

Daisy- how are you doing?

Comment

Back to day 1 Minstar. Fed up at my insanity. I am having my 50th party in 10 days and my dream is to be sober. I do not want to drink.
                          Met a girl last night and when I invited her she said she doesn't do parties. She then revealed she has not gone out or drank for 2 years. She explained that some people are not cut out for drinking and she is one of them. I said I was the same. I was envious that she had gotten there but happy for her.
                          Meeting her has inspired me to keep going. So here I go again....so Minstar, I am ready for us to get our quit.....today!

Comment

Drat, just lost my long post - forgot to save it while checking something in what I thought was another window. Anyway, I'm here and things are great on day 21, feeling good, foggy brain gone. Will try again later

Comment

Well done Knitty....3 weeks is great!

Comment

Nothing like finding a real live 3d quit buddy! Cool.
                                Originally posted by daisy45 View Post
                                Back to day 1 Minstar. Fed up at my insanity. I am having my 50th party in 10 days and my dream is to be sober. I do not want to drink.
                                Met a girl last night and when I invited her she said she doesn't do parties. She then revealed she has not gone out or drank for 2 years. She explained that some people are not cut out for drinking and she is one of them. I said I was the same. I was envious that she had gotten there but happy for her.
                                Meeting her has inspired me to keep going. So here I go again....so Minstar, I am ready for us to get our quit.....today!
                                (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Working...
                                X