Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross stitch sounds good too Liz.
    I am going to ask my Mom to teach me how to knit when she comes for a visit. I know there are a million YouTube videos but they still confuse me! Lol.

Comment

Looking for a little support here, anyone around?

Comment

What's up Liz? You sound a lot better after coming home from vacation? You know I'm lurking about somewhere on the forum... Can I help?
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hey Liz- How can I help you? I will be checking in throughout the day so shout out if you need to talk.

JackieM

Comment

Liz.... Sorry, I'm late but I'm here. :hug:
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Here for u Liz

Comment

I had a particularly shiteous day at work today.
                People are so nasty and I don't understand the need for gossip. I feel like I'm in high school.
                My feelings have been hurt several times the last two weeks as I have walked in on two coworkers gossiping about me and I keep to myself!
                I just don't get it.
                Usually I would just drown my sorrows...

Comment

Sorry your coworkers are so mean Bri. From my experience, people gossip because they are chronically unhappy with themselves or have no life of their own. I know it is still hard to hear though. Please try not to worry about it and please don't let it drive you to drink.

JackieM

Comment

Blue, Hope you had a wonderful birthday. Liz and Bri, hope things are going better for both of you. Bri, I have a co-worker who used to be downright nasty to me. The reality is she has a crap home life and the job is her only life. It really was necessary to blow out someone else's candle to make her own shine brighter. That is what I surmised and I eventually just started standing up to her. Funny thing is, then she would back down. Her bark was certainly much worse than her bite. Awkward of course to hear others talking about you and I am sorry about that. Sometimes gently confronting someone works. I eventually emailed my co-worker as I wanted to say what I wanted to say and didn't want her try to divert or defend herself. I wanted her to hear how I felt when she treated me so poorly and it did help our relationship. Perhaps it's a thought you confront the two gossipers through email or 1 on 1 if you have a comfort level to do that. It hurts, I know.

Addy :hug:
                    "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Thanks guys. Yup, drank again yesterday. So upset with myself! I don't know why!

Comment

Aww Bri, I'm sorry. Don't worry about those gossipers. I'm just glad you guys are all here!

Comment

I can't even tell you how much it means that your guys responded, I'm just so down on myself. Hubby has been amazing. Son less than so.

Comment

Hey Liz - sending you great big hugs :hug:
                            I am glad that hubby is being supportive. I think we can be angry & blame ourselves enough for everyone.

So that you know that you are not alone..............
                            The last time (40 days ago), I had snuck it in & poured it into water bottles......so slick wasn't I? Well, I left a bottle out and hubby picked it up to take a drink of water. I had already gone to bed. He went in there yelling - not a good scene. But, I'll tell you what - he has been more than supportive since then. The next morning, he told me that was in the past, that we are looking to the future and not to dwell on it. He was right. I haven't forgotten about it. It is still in my mind and when I have those alcohol thoughts creep in, I envision him hitting his head against the door because he was so sad & hurt & scared & angry......but, having somebody angry with me, yelling at me wouldn't help me get thru this.
                            So, thank goodness that we are all here and can help each other.
                            Hang in there, Liz. You are doing amazing - good job on brushing yourself off and getting right back here. :hug: This was a glitch.
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thanks Nora, it means a lot that you guys get it. Hubs, Erin and Mark came to lunch today. It was not mentioned but hung heavy in the air. Hoping for a better tomorrow.

Comment

Liz hope you are feeling better, so glad that your hubby is being supportive. I agree with you totally Nora, the yelling never helps, no one can make me feel worse about myself than I do already after drinking. Liz we understand and are here for you.

Bri sorry about your gossipy co workers, a friend told me a quote recently.. " I'm 97 percent sure you don't like me but I'm 100 percent certain I don't care!" I love that one! Hope everyone has a good long weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X