Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone...Having a lazy day today. It is great.

Bri - fantastic that you lost weight. I have got to really get serious. I allowed myself to pig out for the past 2 months. i was already overweight so I sure didn't need to add to it.

PS -You are right! We can do this.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Yes, I agree with Nora and Bri, daily life but also someplace we can talk about al. Maybe the name does make a difference, I don't know. I'll follow you guys anywhere.
      Bri good for you for losing the weight. I need to lose a few too. Glad you're still sober and your house is clean.

Comment

Another cleaning day for me here.
        Still dealing with the OCD and anxiety but feel it's getting a little better.
        For some reason I've been thinking a lot about drinking today. I don't know why. Maybe it's the entire Fall thing. Like I said, I slipped up last year exactly around this time.
        There is a part of me that "misses" the cider, the beer...blablabla. I don't miss everything involving it other then that two minute euphoria. Probably because I have been struggling with the mental side of things and wish I could get a break.
        But no one else gets a break do they? I guess I must persevere.
        I know I may sound down. It's not the whole alcohol thing. It's more the dealing with ME now without alcohol. Before I never dealt. I floated through when I was sober. Now I need to work through things. And it's tough. But people seem to say it's worth t.

Happy Weekend.

Comment

Hang in there Bri...you can do this!!!!:welldone::welldone::welldone:

Comment

Bri - yes, I I've been having thoughts too. Just learning how to deal with life AF. take care. I've been thinKing of you.

Blue - good to see you
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thank you Blue and Nora.
              I've been checking in every day. Maybe I need to start going over and sticking to the newbies best. But sometimes I feel for some reason I'm intruding? I know that doesn't make sense. Just how I feel. And the boards in general have been quiet. Or in discord in some small way.
              I am hanging in there. Just came back from running errands. Now going to crash on the couch and watch some sort of crap movie.
              Oh Twilight is on. Haha.

Comment

Bri - you are more than welcome to post over at One Step at a Time. Some great support over there.

I've never seen Twilight or read the books! :egad:
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I read the Twightlight books. Not something I would normally pick up, but my daughter said is was good and an easy read. Ya know, I thoroughly enjoyed them and the movies! Yes join us on the one step at a time thread. It's a really good group and you will get support there.

Comment

Bri you would not be intruding at the NN. Over two hundred days ago I started bitching about my life and I have been doing it ever since XD. It's very therapeutic for me. I post anytime I feel like drinking, like I am sure I will tonight =D

Comment

Bri, you go ahead and post anywhere you feel like posting! If people don't like it, it's just to dang bad! We are all in this together and we all should be able to hold hands as we continue our journey.. :hug:
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Dutch - that's really great. I'm following behind you - thanks for leading the way.

I am not in my 'first week' of my umpteenth quit but I am in my 3rd month of my umpteenth quit.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good for you Nora! Feels good to be measuring a/f time in months instead of days, huh? Keep it up!

JackieM

Comment

Thanks Jackie!
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Congrats Nora. I will be at 2 months on Saturday. It's definitely been one helluva ride this time.

Comment

Originally posted by briseus View Post
                                Congrats Nora. I will be at 2 months on Saturday. It's definitely been one helluva ride this time.
                                GREAT JOB BRI!!!!!! That is fanatastic!:two::two:
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X