Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kids involved

Hi everyone
    have decieded to get kids involved,they are helping me on the counter, figured they were involved in the drunks so they should be involved in the sober. They seem really keen or hopeful purhaps. I spoke to my brother tonight he drinks to,so he understands, told him i was going to try to give it up, didnt say much i guess he has heard it all before. I am so determind to make my kids proud of me i think i can do this. Anyway claps to everyone who has made it through another day . Lets not feed the monster and let the beatiful side grow and win this time...
    ACCEPTANCE IS A POWERFUL THING

kids involved

Hi Chilli, you have such a wonderful attitute. I know your kids will be proud of you. I am on day 5 AF and haven't really told anyone but my husband that I am quiting. He needs to quit too, but he doesn't y think he has a problem, even though he is diabetic and drinks...oh has high blood pressure too. He let me know that I do have a problem...haha....funny how that works. He said something last night and I bit my tongue to avoid and argument. I thought about telling my kids, but worried if I did slip if it would make them feel angry at me and I would feel even more guilt. On the other hand it may be more insentive not to pick up that first drink. Hope it all works out well for you.

Comment

kids involved

Bravo to you....anything that helps in your journey. Children are the innocent in all this.

Don't worry about those that "have heard it all before". Eventually they will see the change in you and believe me when I say this, will have a different respect for you as more AF days go by. Actions do speak louder than words.

Congrats on another AF day. Keep up the positive attitude.
      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

kids involved

Great idea Chilli!

I think I would be really afraid of blowing it too if my kids were counting my drinks and I slipped, but then again, it holds you more accoutable to those in your home that have been adversely affected by the drinking. But I like your attitude -- sounds like one of not planning on failing, but rather planning on succeeding and doing whatever it takes to make success your reality!

Keep it up!
        A~
        If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

kids involved

NOTHING makes you feel better than when your children notice and appreciate your efforts for trying to quit. My daughter hugged me and told me she was so proud of me and loved me when I made it my first 30 days...still brings tears to my eyes every time i think of it....she is not a real affectionate person so for her to say it...I KNOW she REALLY meant it.

Comment

Working...
          X