After 60 days AF what to do???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just curious , I read the book and learned so much about Topa. I'm 36 days AF as of today and I'm scared as hell to try Mods in the future... In the beginning I took a Kudzu 3 times a day and then by 10 days I didn't take anymore... ... No cravings. I also ordered and do take the occasional L-glutamine... Hubby also is on day 18 AF. ( He could sit down after a hard days work enjoy 2 beer and then have dinner, not to drink again. Sometimes with buddies or that he will drink more though, which is seldom)
    I guess my question really is, around the end of June I would like to try Mods but do I consider Topa if I don't want to stop at just one or two drinks ? Can a person take a very low dose of Topa everyday, say 25 or 50 mg to help them have an edge over drinking ? Would a person lose the effect of Topa on such a lowdose? Is that why they gradually increase their Topa? Can a person take say 25 mg of Topa for a very long time and have that edge over the cravings? Any thoughts atall would be greatly appreciated... This has and is weighing quite heavily on me as we will be hosting a huge 2 day Yard, family BBQ. Our home and yard is turned into a small camp ground for alot of family fun... I would love to know that I could casually enjoy a few drinks experiencing everything fully. Thank-You so much in advance, P.S. If you read this also in Scoobies' thread "TopaDopa" I put this in there also, but didn't proof read after cutting and pasting... Urg !! (I'm not really great on a computer) My message did not make any sense hardly atall... Imagine if I was the one taking Topa !?!?? :H Thanks Again, ~Niblet~:thanks:

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Niblet, congrats on the 36 days AF!!

It is a very good question whether to go mods or not.

I 'talked' myself into thinking that I could just try a night of drinking (after I completed that same 30 days you did), and it turned into a week long bender. I have only just managed to pull myself out of it (JUST).
    I think you have to be absolutely certain that you are not looking for an excuse to drink.
    I decided to drink when I was vunerable (tired, stressed , pre-menstrual etc) and if I had really really been honest with myself and asked myself do I just want one or two drinks?,...my answer would have been 'no I want ten', and that's what happened. I then drank the next day cause I was hungover and down, and on and on.

It is very dangerous question to consider as our minds can play funny games with us to get us to consume alcohol.

My thirty days AF were some of the best I have had in the last 15 years (with a couple of difficult days too), but the last week drinking again has been very bad.
    Good luck with considering what is right for you. I would err on the side of caution though Niblet.
    Amelia
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

I tried Topa one and a half years ago when I tried to quit but wasn't "ready" to quit. I drank/moderated on it and well...for me....I eventually went back to my old ways. What you put in is what you get out.

Now this past Dec. I went back on Topa & went AF and am now over 150 days AF and am weaning off of Topa.

So my opinion is that when you decide to make the choice of Mods-only YOU will know if you can achieve it. For me, I know from my past experiences that no matter how many times I tried to moderate, I would for awhile but then would go back to square one.

So I'm sticking with AF because from where I stand I find that I'm growing with it rather than with Mods where I'd go for awhile and just go back to where I started from. Just a big old loop with hangovers and problems!

Good luck with your choice Niblet.
      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Nibbers, Congrats on 36 Days!!!! I sorry I can't take topa, so no advice here on that; just wanted to say how proud I am of you!
        Smiles
        Mar

Comment

Thank-You so much for all the valuable advice and encouragement ! I really needed that right now after the type of day I had... I never get so down in the mouth, but today... Oh boy, I could just crawl under a rock. Nothing bad happened,,, it's just how I feel emothionally today. So not like me that I even have a hard time seeing these words come from me... Tomorrow is another day... Love You Guys and thanks alot for finally making me smile. ~Niblet~

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Working...
          X