After 60 days AF what then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody have any thoughts or ideas for me.... Near the end of June I'll be 60 days AF.. I want to moderate but am scared as hell about it... Should I order Topa ahead of time (I read and read about it ) Can a person only take say 25 or 50mg for an extended period of time and curb their cravings to drink too much? I'd like to try Mods and if that doesn't "feel" right I will abstain. I only took Kudzu for about 12 days and then the cravings were gone.. I've taken the occasional L-glutamine but that's all... I'm wondering if I won't need anything atall... maybe I'll just have to wait see... I'd like to be able to have 1 or 2 drinks with company this summer etc... Does Topa at a low dose lose its effect is that why you have to keep increasing upwards to 200 or 300 mg? Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated... P.S. If you read my posting in Scoobies. "Topa-Dopa" thread, I tried to cut and paste without proofreading... Today I actually read it and it didin't make much sense atall... Sorry, and No I haven't been dipping into the "Topa Jar".
    Take Care All, ~Niblet~ :thanks:

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Nib-you posted this post already-it's a duplicate

I answered your first one a half hour ago here in General

you goofed me because I couldn't find my answer then realized you posted twice

gotcha-just read your other thread that your pc is slow & you'll delete.
    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Niblet, I think it is a good thing to have a plan in place however the end of June is quite far off at the moment. I wouldn't apply that pressure on yourself about what you will do in 5+ weeks. Keep working on yourself today - and focus on yourself today. Take the supplements, etc. If you need to, adjust your plan when the time comes. Or adjust it as you go along.... whatever you figure will work for you.

I initially wanted to do the 30days, then came along 60, then 90, then 120+. I then tried moderation and it is working well for me. You will know when you are ready to try moderation or you may want to remain AF. This is really a one-day-at-a-time thing. Keep plugging along and roll with it. You don't want to stress yourself unnecessarily.

Comment

Niblet,
        I agree...one day at a time girl. I wish I could mod...it would be nice to sit down and have a glass of wine with dinner, but I have tried some many times to do that and failed. I just have to take one day at a time. AND some day that may be my reality, but I don't think I can put a deadline on it. It will just evolve over time...may never happen though and that is just something I have to accept. There are far worse things than never being able to drink alcohol again. Just take one day at a time and keep feeling yourself along til you feel comfortable. You will know....don't pressure yourself...I agree with Accountable.

Comment

Thank-You so much Breez, Accountable and Luv, Your suggestions really mean alot to me... Onward ! Til another day and then another day etc... Have a great Thursday All..
          Hugs, ~Niblet~ Very Grateful to you.

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Working...
          X