Key West Sober!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Key West Sober!!

Just spent a week in Florida - first three days in Orlando at Disney and the rest in Key West. What an experience - being the sober one out of a group of ten people (although I managed to smoke several cigars).

Got my 30 day coin from AA before I left, which was big for me. I managed to drink yesterday, but I don't mind as I feel I can get back on track. It tasted a completely different taste from voddy this time - maybe it has finally sunk in.

Anyway, glad to be back - I missed you all.
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Key West Sober!!

I was wondering where you disappeared to. Your vacation sounds great and congratulations on staying sober there! That is huge. You have been missed. Glad you are back!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Key West Sober!!

Good for you babe! I don't know how I would have ever done that. Every time I go away or to a resort all I do is eat, drink, tan and swim.

Comment

Key West Sober!!

I was wondering where you had disappeared to. Fantastic job remaining sober while travelling. I HONESTLY believe I couldn't do it. Not now anyway!

You have the strength and will power no doubt about it! Congrats on receiving your 30 day coin from AA.

Comment

Key West Sober!!

GG - funny that you mention tanning! I am brown beyond belief, but am also wrinkly - guess I am getting old (42)!!
          Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Key West Sober!!

You are not old..my man is older than you. And I am 30.

I can't wait to get brown. It has been raining so much here. I am so envious of your trip! And the cigars. I think I get to smoke only maybe once a year..I don't smoke at all, but sometimes you just want one.

Comment

Key West Sober!!

They now say the 40's are the new 30's and the 30's are the new 20's.... 42 is not old AA. My husband is 42 and he doesn't look or act it LOL!

Make sure you wear your sunscreen! You don't want to get skin cancer.

Comment

Key West Sober!!

I am glad you are having a good trip. I know it is hard being out but you are handling it
                GOOD JOB
                bear
                What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Key West Sober!!

AA, sounds like a wonderful time! I bet the little guy was in heaven. You inspire me my friend! just keep being happy and posting your wonderful accomplishments. I love reading about them.
                  smiles always
                  Mar

Comment

Key West Sober!!

Great job AA. You sound well.
                    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Key West Sober!!

Key West has got to be one of the hardest places on earth to stay sober.

Congratluations AA!!
                      :h :h :h :h

Comment

Key West Sober!!

AA....staying sobber in Key West is HUGE...I lived in Miami for 10 years and have frequented the Keys on many occassions...I THINK...J/K (I can remember..LOL) Good for you! Did you get a t-shirt from Hog Breathe Saloon? That place just cracks me up!

Comment

Key West Sober!!

AA Great to hear from you! Good job my friend...very proud of you!
                          Funny how we come to realize the alcohol life is not genuine life ...

welcome back!
                          Control the Mind

Comment

Key West Sober!!

It is truly amazing how my MWO family responds to even the most simple messages = I love you all!!

Luvuall, we stayed at the Nickelodeon Hotel in Orlando, so the little man was in heaven. We managed to get slimed several times - and I managed to lose one contact from each eye in the water (good thing I brought extras). The little man got a Hogs Breath t-shirt - he likes to wear it backwards so that the hog is on the front!!

Comment

Key West Sober!!

Great job AA! Sounds like you had a geat time. Don't go thinking you are going to become a cigaraholic and join another support group and leave us behind! We missed you.

Doesn't a tan look good on those shaved legs!!!!
                              Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Working...
                              X