How I broke the Chandelier!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is how. I had portabello shrooms on the grill, was buttering up bread to put on the grill as well and trying to keep an eye on my 9 y/o in the pool with his friend, and my oldest says, "MOM! Can you toss me a bottled water up the stairs?" (You guys know where this going). So I said "Hold on a sec." Opened the fridge, grabbed a bottled water and go into the foyer. I look upstairs and he is leaning over the banister with a silly grin. I said, "You know I cant throw well, so you might want to come get it." He said, give it a shot Mom... the worst that can happen is that you can break the chandelier!" So I looked at the chandelier, then looked at my son... they were at least five or six feet apart. So I throw the bottled water up about 30 feet and OF COURSE! I am running for cover as glass is pouring down! So after the dust settled, he goes, "Have you had any wine?" And I havent!! I guess old reputations die hard.

So I guess the moral of the story is this: If you've ever had a drinking problem with multiple family members who know about it...never attempt to throw bottled water from the first floor to the second to one of these family members, unless of course you first take lessons. I will be happy to coach. :H Oh, and the lesson I told my son was, "Next time you want a drink, get your ass downstairs and get it yourself!"

A~
    If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Oh no! The teeny tiny shards of glass are such a pain and they show up days after. Wear shoes for a few days.............
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

A~ you throw like a girl. ...He He

I am sorry you broke it, but it is much easier to take when you are sober since no one can blame it on the booze, and you won't feel bad because you got drunk and screwed up . Things just happen, I think it is life happening.

dito on the glass

Bear
      What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
      ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

(((Prest))))

I throw like a girl too, but I catch good Glad u didn't get hurt....and what a story!:thanks:

Comment

Hope you weren't fond of the chandelier. I hate mine wanta come over and throw some water bottles for me?
          Smiles
          Mar

Comment

I definitely throw like a girl... I wont defend myself. I think from now on if I want the water bottle to go to somone hanging over the banister, I will look at the chandelier and aim for that instead. Maybe next time I will hit him right in the face with it!

Oh -- thankfully the chandelier is made of scrolled iron and the only glass is the bulbs! Still... I was barefoot. Thanks for handy dandy, hand-held, super-suction mini vacs!

Now all I have to worry about is hoping my husband will not "notice" when he gets back in town!

Comment

I throw like a girl too...better the chandelier the a tooth...look at the bright side...I once open the car door and was laughing at my Daddy and broke my front..YES front tooth off. I was 13 too...it was just short of suicide OK...LOL. Glad everyone is ok.

Comment

LMAO!!! Only Prest can report the incident so well!

Comment

Oh Simey,
                  I'll be right over... I have 23 more left in the case!

Comment

Surely I can hit your chandelier at least once??

Comment

well I guess at least you still have the chandelier- if it were a "real" one you'd have to shake it out to make sure there were no more glass and chuck it. Not like the water bottle though. Chuck it properly. And yeah let him get his own water from now on. Geez... LOL
                      Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Too funny! Glad ya weren't "pissing up a rope"(or in a drawer....) at the same time!:H
                        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Sorry...but that made me chuckle:H I throw like a girl too......
                          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Good story!!! Like it!!!Nice!

Comment

C~

A for effort. Maybe you will grow into that special, black, pointy hat one day. You are a bit young right now.

Good luck with that.

Comment

Working...
                              X