Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

al is ruining my life,my confidenece,plse help

hi,
    ive posted on here every now and then,i cant go a day without drinking,its a viscious circle,i used to be a model,slim attractive lovely skin etc,etc,now im 42 lb over weight,coz of my friendship with cider(at least 10 cans a day) all my confidence has gone!i hate myself,i used to love life now i cant bear even being seen, ive become shower shy!(wots the point!)im bloated,my house is a mess,ive got depression which i know is down to the booze!ive got a beautiful 13 year old daughter who is my life and frowns every time i go to get cans!i always promise ill stop tomorrow,was going to stop today as im going away in june and want to lose weight(my foods healthy)so i know if i stop shovelling so many empty calories down my neck! my fat would melt off!!somedays ill just start early and go to bed,its my company,ive lost days off work,bn in hosp with broken bones and suicide attempts,which i never meant,it just controls my life,but i couldnt manage after 4 o clock,i dont get physical cravings,i work ntes sometimes and drink doesnt cross my mind! i feel my lifes over at 43 thats not right is it? sorry for the waffle,ne advice please ?? xx

Hi Bimble.... First I want to say - be good to yourself today...Drink lots of water... Take a hot shower, deep condition your hair and face and moisturize with some sweet smelling lotion... LOVE yourself today - stop hating... You sound like a wonderful person who loves her daughter...

Today if you are tempted to visit your ENEMY (no friendship there) with cider, drink a large glass of lemon water and eat a big healthy meal. It helps with the cravings... Give yourself the gift of a good day today - then keep coming back here for love and support. You can stop this vicious cycle...
    God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers...

Comment

Hi Bim -just hold on, others will soon jump in and offer even more help.

You describe the alcohol hell syndrome that many of here have faced and overcome. The great news about your situation is that it only gets better from here if your tired of living the old. But really, to get sober and experience a new life is just dang awesome.

Your daughter loves you know matter what -but she probably realizes just how great life is going to be when you are not drinking.

Wow, congratulations on your wanting to quit!!!!

Comment

thank you,i crumbled today,thats why i posted,going to try and be strong tomorrow,i just feel whats the point!ihate myself so much x

Comment

can i come on here every day when i feel im going to give in? im smoking and drinking myself to death,i want my life back xx

Comment

If you can't do it for yourself right now, do it for your daughter - I have a 13 and 15year old and started for them - now I am winning, I realise I am doing it for me.....but start for her....
            You can do this, you sound as if you are ready to get serious - focus on not drinking for the present time, then other things will turn around
            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

can i just add ive been to docs etc,i was just made to feel that i was a bad mum,and as if that was theyre main concern so i stopped going to see her,as ive always been a good mum,well in my eyes! my last doc who i tried to ask for help just said its easy,just dont buy it!!!(i wish) x

Comment

thank you for your replies,means a lt x

Comment

If you hate yourself, look into your daughter's eyes... That's the point...:l
                  God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers...

Comment

It is not easy - so not easy - but it is doable, and you have to believe that.
                    Go to the Newbies nest - so much support there from so many people in similar spots.
                    Read the tool box and take what you need.

Comment

youre right spirit girl,i know she hates it,its a joke with her friends that mamma beccas going to not be able to do lifts after 4pm,they love me but deep down im so embarresed! there parents are all rich,got two parents etc etc, zoes my life and i do all i can,i love her more than anything,but she goes out to play after school and its me and the four walls! thats when my will power goes to pot x

Comment

didnt mean as pot as in smoking pot!!!meant i just go and get cans,im bored it takes away my anxietys,well till the morning then i wake up with a churning tummy saying im not going to drink today!! god i hate this x

Comment

Bim - I am single mum too - not easy, but I dreaded waking to a real emergency and not being there for them - I can now pick up any hour of day or night, and that feels great.
                          Get rid of the cans - pour them all out, then you can't drink them - you will have to white knuckle - I know if there is drink in the house, I will drink - I had to completely get rid of everything..

Comment

thank you x

Comment

thank you x

Comment

Working...
                              X