al is ruining my life,my confidenece,plse help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You said your daughter hates it. Not you, it.

Was very pleased to see you know You are Not the booze.

Comment

Bimble, when your daughter leaves to do something with her friends, what can you do? Rather than pick up a can of cider, can you go for a walk, or create a lovely dinner? Do you have any hobbies that you've packed away, such as knitting, or scrap booking, or cross stitch? Do you garden? Do you have a dog that you can take for a walk? Can you come here to and read and post?

Sometimes, at the beginning, we have to listen to the demands that alcohol is screaming at our brains:
      "You deserve one drink!"
      "What else is there to do?"
      "No one will know if you hide the cans!"

And like a spoiled child, sometimes we have to rationalize with that little voice and convince yourself to wait:
      "I deserve a drink? Doesn't Zoe deserve me to be sober more?"
      "What else is there to do? Well, I need to do __________ first. Maybe later."
      "I can hide the cans? Sure, but at the end of the day, I will wake up feeling horrible and knowing that I've disappointed my daughter."

Sure you can bimble or bumble or stumble through life, but YOUR voice is surfacing up, and YOU know that it isn't fair: to YOU, to Zoe, or to everyone who loves you. YOU want to make a change, but it won't happen at the flip of a switch.

Make your plan. Write it down. Tell Zoe that you want her help, IF you truly want her help. Otherwise, leave her out of your struggle, and come here to post. We are in different time zones, but there's normally someone here to listen, and to help you process your emotions.

Mama Becca, it is not "easy"... but at the end of the day, when you are there to be the woman that you want to be- when your child hugs you and says, "thank you for not drinking today, Mom"... THEN it is worth it.

You can do this. :hug: Patty
      "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
      so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
      :hug:

Comment

bimble01;1654650 wrote: can i come on here every day when i feel im going to give in? im smoking and drinking myself to death,i want my life back xx
        Hi Bimble.

Yes! Come here and yak away as often as you want to. You are welcome here and we want to support you on your sober journey.

Here below are 2 threads that you might find very useful for support right now.

Toolbox thread: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Newbies nest: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...est-30074.html

You can do it! G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi Binble
          Would just like to add my support to you.

You and your daughter will benefit you being sober so much.

Best wishes
          Damo in Dublin
          Still trying !!!
          AF 25th June2014

Comment

Hi Bimble,

First you did the right thing posting here. You are again the right place. Look at me just about 60 days back I was in exact same place you are today. You stay on this site. Read and read. Interact, make friends, share your feelings, hang on to yourself one day at a time. Just tell yourself you will not drink for a day. Do what ever and just stay sober for a week. It will be thought but I promise you one you cross this difficult sea after a week you will see bright sun shine and days will be beautiful. You will thank yourself for being sober, you will love yourself much more. I am telling this from experience.

Not a single day does not goes by when I feel gratitude, towards this site, to all the people I have met, who supported me. In real life I had no one to talk to, to share but then look at me u have never been sober for 2 months ever in last 12 years of drinking. If I can do it you can too. Come to newbies nest and post everyday. And see the majic.

Love
            Rahul
            --------------------------------------------
            Rewiring my brain ... done ...
            Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
            Rebooting ... done ...
            Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Hi Bimble,
              It's never an easy situation with Al. I liked the advice that if you can't do it for yourself right now, do it for your daughter. I've seen relationships change dramatically when Al is not in the picture. Just one day at a time, and your life will change. Give it today. Worry about tomorrow tomorrow. Baby steps, and come here and post lots. Talk lots. Get all the Al out of your house and drink lots of water with lemon. Can you post in the Newbies Nest where there are a lot of newly sober people kicking the beast out of their lives. Hope to see you there.
              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Working...
              X