A Sign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Sign

It was such a beautiful day today in Maryland...I just wanted a drink, just an itty bitty one to enjoy in the sunshine. I needed cigarettes anyways, so I went to the liquor store. I've noticed a lot of the liquor stores are selling wine in the little mini bottles in six packs. And I thought, I could just limit myself to one. I also thought, though I hate to admit it, that it would be easy to hide. I looked all around the store, which I have never really walked through, because before I always knew exactly where my drink was, so why look around? They didn't have any of them. And I've been seeing them everywhere. I always thought it was kinda weird that they started making them, like who would want to carry around little mini wine bottles. I guess I know who now?!!
    So what did I do? I bought some tonic water and left. I guess it was a sign not to cave....
    Gita
    "Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced"

:new:

A Sign

Good for you! Congrats!

Comment

A Sign

a sign that you made into something positive Gita! you could very well have found something alcoholic anyway and you didn't.

nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

A Sign

Gita
        A friend use to work for the airlines and brought me home heaps of those little wine bottles , dont kid your self you just drink more of them, believe me i know.
        sorry chill
        ACCEPTANCE IS A POWERFUL THING

Comment

A Sign

i am famous for starting with one or two. it very seldom works. im glad you made a different choice. once i was there it would have been all over. some bottle would have went home with me. you should be very proud.

Comment

A Sign

Mojo, i'm with you a bottle or two would have made it home with me as well. Congrats for making a choice I know I couldn't have made. Kim
            Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win!!

Comment

A Sign

Gita, well done.

I was in the supermarket a while ago in the wine aisle (my partner gets a bottle everynight) and I saw the little 250ml bottles and thought that might be ok but I just knew that if I drank it I would have been back in the shop later on buying more.

You did really well :goodjob:

Kitty
              Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
              Confucius

Comment

A Sign

Good for you! I too would have had a bottle or two as well..I would use the reasoning "well, I came all the way here..."

Comment

A Sign

:goodjob:

Comment

A Sign

:thanks: Thanks Everyone, I do feel good that I didn't buy anything! After today I've successfully made it through another week (work week that is) AF. Going to dinner w/ BF tomorrow plan to have a glass or two of wine w/ dinner but not getting a bottle to bring home w/ me!
                    Oh and I'm excited because my stuff shipped from the Health Store today!
                    "Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced"

:new:

Comment

Working...
                    X