Here I Am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here I Am

So here I am. The past few days I've professed to those who are important to me how proud I am of my progress.....over a glass of wine, or a bottle. It seems things haven't changed as much as I'd liked everyone to think they'd changed.
    amanda

Here I Am

Hi ame,
    A little change is a start.
    Try a little more today.:l

Comment

Here I Am

Amanda, being here is a darn good sign. If you are ready to get rolling and are able to do so I'd recommend downloading the MWO book and have a read...it's quick and very good. What's hard for you? give us your best shot...promise we'll give you the best free advice money can buy
      I and so many here really know what it's like to dissapoint those close to us...it's the craps. At least we CAN do something.

Welcome!
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Here I Am

Amanda, welcome, we need you here to help us all on our journey.
        Meow-Meow
        MonaKitty

Comment

Here I Am

Amanda,
          Know the feeling you think you have done so well the worst is over,lets celebrate just have a couple then bam' here we are again, I dont know if i can moderate but i need to do this 30 days , so keep going and keep posting it really helps.
          chilli
          ACCEPTANCE IS A POWERFUL THING

Comment

Here I Am

Amanda, you are here and that in itself is a good thing. Dig in and get with the program as much as possible. Help is at hand.
            bear
            What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
            ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Here I Am

Amanda, you are wanting to change,or you wouldn't have bothered with posting at all. D is right spill it what is holding you back? We all have issues and we all have support for each other, you are among friends. I get reading you post that somehow you feel like a phony. well your not! your human and your trying. And that speaks volumes.
              Smiles
              Mar

Comment

Here I Am

Amanda;

Remember, just being here is a big step. Be proud of yourself and don't minimize any success that you make. One day of sobriety is a big start. Even just moderating and cutting back is a huge step!!

Brandy:goodjob:

Comment

Here I Am

Give it time, things will change. x

Comment

Here I Am

Thanks for all of the replys. I guess I was feeling pretty down on myself last night. I was feeling even worse this morning, but that's how it goes. Since then I've picked myself up and am actually feeling pretty good. Which isn't something that ordinarily comes so quickly. I normally sit around feeling sorry for myself thinking about how useless my efforts are. For some reason today I'm feeling like it was just a bump in the road. I think it may have to do with the hypnosis CDs...which I think are working (as boring as they are, damn ADD). Anyhow, just wanted to say thanks for all for the encouraging words. It really helps.

Comment

Here I Am

ame,

Keep on here and post often. I am relatively new here (less than 60 days) and I have had some really rough days and the folks here really helped me out. One of the most important things that was said to me is that it took me years to get to this point and you need to give yourself some time to change that. Along the way there will be bumps and eleation but know deep down inside that you made a concious effort to be here and that is a huge step.

Keep up the great work! Chat about anything and everything. I am very happy you pulled yourself out of the funk... great job!!!!
                      Hablur

Comment

Working...
                      X