Question about websites geared toward men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son would like an online support group geared more towards men. Does anyone know of a good solid site for men addicted to alcohol? He's a binge drinker.
    "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    Lao-Tzu

Can't say i know of one Sober Soul.

There's an American site called Spiritual River that seems to be run mainly by a bloke, but not for men only. There must be a site or Facebook page out there dedicated to male alcoholics/booze abusers.

I can only suggest he keeps googling for one. I'll have a look around. If i hear of one i'll post here. If he's willing and able to, he could start one himself if he can't find a group.

All the best. G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

https://www.prismnet.com/aamen/

Just found this link above. It is looks like an A.A. format. Not sure if that's an issue or not, but it says 'men only'.

Here's another online group stating 'men only'. Recovery REALM AA chat NA chat Recovery chat Meetings Online Addiction Help - Recovery REALM ? Message Forums Recovery Chat Rooms - Recovery - Men's Only

Looks like a few out there.

P.S. I have no experience with these sites so he may have to jump in and see if he's comfortable. I just googled and this is what i found first up.

All the best with it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi All
        Sober I would recommend Smart Recovery. It does have also drug addiction and other addictions but very good program for alcohol. They also have face to face meetings in some cities.
        It is an AF site no moderation which at the start of my recovery I found very helpful.
        They have an active chat that has moderators that don't let conversations get out of control. They can and do kick people out of chat if they are offensive. The moderators are people with good sober time and have completed training.
        They also have on line meetings. Not 12 step but based on a cognitive approach.
        I hope your son finds his way out while he is still young.
        It is not only men but you will find many there, more so then here.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting

AF. 5-16-08
        Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
        AF 5-16-08

Comment

Sober ..obviously its each to their own ...but for me al doesnt pick and choose its victims..I cannot fault the support or help I got here..and if I aint male ..then Ive been living a dodgy life for the last fifty odd years!!:H
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Thanks everyone. I will suggest some of those sites to him. I love MWO and will also recommend this site to him again. It's the best I've ran into.
            "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
            Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
            X