Looking for advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for advice

satz123;1656546 wrote: Oh WELL DONE DAMO !!!!
    HOW did I miss this thread yesterday doh !!!!

Let's concentrate on our hols next ? :yay:
    Heya Satz,

Yeah, we will enjoy our sober holiday .
    And its the same time !!!! :-))

Just discovered i am 100 days sober late next week.
    My new goal, which will see me through this weekend

Goodnight all

Damo x
    Still trying !!!
    AF 25th June2014

Comment

Looking for advice

Hi Damo -thanks for posting. This thread helps us all.
      If getting sober was easy, I would get drunk every night.

Comment

Looking for advice

100 days is a great achievement Damo, so will be winning the marathon! You never know do you.

You inspire me also Damo in starting this thread and reaching out for advice. You are a strong person who will beat al and you my friend will never change the date on your signature, i know that, as you do. One day at a time and if you think you will drink do not put yourself in the situation. Go home, have a cuppa and be proud you ran a bloody marathon. You make me tired thinking about it.

Oh yes my mum and i are doing really well, its nice to have her back in my life and al out of it.

Good luck with your run xx
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Looking for advice

So I AM BACK !!

I have had such a shit week. I now know why.
          I was planning a relapse. Simple as that. My al brain was telling me I m not that bad, there is much worse than you, you deserve a few pints after being so good and all your training.
          The good half of my brain knew what was ahead of me if I relapsed.

So I posted here that morning.
          AND IT WORKED !!!
          MWO WORKS, YOU ALL WORK FOR ME, for that I am so grateful.
          It's been an emotional week, but I feel good to keep going, and I am so fucking ready for the "the disease", come Sunday. Monday will be fine, I know this.

I have a lump in my throat typing this. I was that close to relapsing.
          I WILL NOT BE RELAPSING THIS WEEKEND.

Something else happened last night. My wife, told me of an ad she heard on the radio yesterday af a section in "The Irish Times" newspaper today on living sober. She asked me would she like her to buy it as I am in work this morning and may not be near a shop.
          This told me she prefers "sober me". I havent spoke much lately about me being sober and often wondered how she was with our new social life. It has changed. We have had our fair share of good nights out, but they were few and far between of late. I now prefer the cinema or dinner. A night in the pub does nothing for me now.

So my plan "was" getting pissed on Sunday night, get pissed on Monday night, get depressed on Tuesday.
          The new plan is a nice meal in a bit of a posh restaurant(well, posher than the local chinese:H ) to celebrate my marathon.
          Monday, who knows, but it will involve a drive somewhere for nice walking and coffee.
          I am off Tuesday from work. I got a gift voucher for a sports massage, so am booked in for that Tuesday morning, and then who knows.

Anyway, I m rambling now.
          But I,m good, and its thanks to you that I am

Damo in Dublin today, and Limerick tomorrow
          xxx
          Still trying !!!
          AF 25th June2014

Comment

Looking for advice

Hi Damo did a posted and lost it :-( living sober was my first book really help me. I wanted to say this reminds me of my 1st half marathron. Alcohol can be very baffling and canning. You will feel on a high afterwards be careful it will talk.to u and say u deserve a drink dnt drwn.the momemt and blkout and not remember it all. Enjoy the natural high &atmosphere . I to booked a meal wiv friends and family enjoy ur meal wiv ur wife and boys they will be proud of u. Booking. Massaga is good i booked. Hot stone one . Be careful afterwards u may feel on a down i did after the hihh. Come on here o. Post . Dnt forget the ice cold bath afterwards:-)
            Good luck and enjoy every moment.

Catch22 x
            sto
            Formerly known as Teardrop:l
            sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
            my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Looking for advice

Hi Damo did a posted and lost it :-( living sober was my first book really help me. I wanted to say this reminds me of my 1st half marathron. Alcohol can be very baffling and canning. You will feel on a high afterwards be careful it will talk.to u and say u deserve a drink dnt drwn.the momemt and blkout and not remember it all. Enjoy the natural high &atmosphere . I to booked a meal wiv frinds and family enjoy ur meal wiv ur wife and boys they will be proud of u. Booking. Massger is good i booked. Hotne one . Be careful afterwards u may feel on a down i did after the hihh. Come on here o. Post . Dnt forget the ice cold bath afterwards:-)

Catch22 x
              sto
              sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
              my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Looking for advice

Hi Damo did a posted and lost it :-( living sober was my first book really help me. I wanted to say this reminds me of my 1st half marathron. Alcohol can be very baffling and canning. You will feel on a high afterwards be careful it will talk.to u and say u deserve a drink dnt drown.the momemt and blkout and not remember it all. Enjoy the natural high &atmosphere . I to booked a meal wiv friends and family enjoy ur meal wiv ur wife and boys they will be proud of u. Booking. Massger is good i booked. Hotne one . Be careful afterwards u may feel on a down i did after the hihh. Come on here o. Post . Dnt forget the ice cold bath afterwards:-)

Catch22 x
                sto

Comment

Looking for advice

Hi Damo did a posted and lost it :-( living sober was my first book really help me. I wanted to say this reminds me of my 1st half marathron. Alcohol can be very baffling and canning. You will feel on a high afterwards be careful it will talk.to u and say u deserve a drink dnt drwn.the momemt and blkout and not remember it all. Enjoy the natural high &atmosphere . I to booked a meal wiv frinds and family enjoy ur meal wiv ur wife and boys they will be proud of u. Booking. Massger is good i booked. Hotne one . Be careful afterwards u may feel on a down i did after the hihh. Come on here o. Post . Dnt forget the ice cold bath afterwards:-)

Catch22 x
                  sto

Comment

Looking for advice

Ps. Soz my fone is repeating the post.

Comment

Looking for advice

damo180;1656695 wrote: So I AM BACK !!

I have had such a shit week. I now know why.
                      I was planning a relapse. Simple as that. My al brain was telling me I m not that bad, there is much worse than you, you deserve a few pints after being so good and all your training.
                      The good half of my brain knew what was ahead of me if I relapsed.

So I posted here that morning.
                      AND IT WORKED !!!
                      MWO WORKS, YOU ALL WORK FOR ME, for that I am so grateful.
                      It's been an emotional week, but I feel good to keep going, and I am so fucking ready for the "the disease", come Sunday. Monday will be fine, I know this.

I have a lump in my throat typing this. I was that close to relapsing.
                      I WILL NOT BE RELAPSING THIS WEEKEND.

Something else happened last night. My wife, told me of an ad she heard on the radio yesterday af a section in "The Irish Times" newspaper today on living sober. She asked me would she like her to buy it as I am in work this morning and may not be near a shop.
                      This told me she prefers "sober me". I havent spoke much lately about me being sober and often wondered how she was with our new social life. It has changed. We have had our fair share of good nights out, but they were few and far between of late. I now prefer the cinema or dinner. A night in the pub does nothing for me now.

So my plan "was" getting pissed on Sunday night, get pissed on Monday night, get depressed on Tuesday.
                      The new plan is a nice meal in a bit of a posh restaurant(well, posher than the local chinese:H ) to celebrate my marathon.
                      Monday, who knows, but it will involve a drive somewhere for nice walking and coffee.
                      I am off Tuesday from work. I got a gift voucher for a sports massage, so am booked in for that Tuesday morning, and then who knows.

Anyway, I m rambling now.
                      But I,m good, and its thanks to you that I am

Damo in Dublin today, and Limerick tomorrow
                      xxx
                      That's it Damo! Well done!

That's why I always found the 4 month area to be tricky. Your brain starts telling you that you're fixed and okay to drink. You can't reset your brain and start at zero. It doesn't work like that. If you drank you'd be right back where you left off in no time. You just need to create a new "normal" now. And it sounds like you're doing it with the theater and dinner. I'm glad that you talked to your wife. And I'm glad that you got your sober back!

Comment

Looking for advice

Yeah Damo - this makes me happy!
                        MWO really does work when we use it right - very well done for reaching out, I well know that it is not easy....but you did it:goodjob:
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Working...
                        X