Sober Mayites- Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sober Mayites- Assemble!

Who's on board to rock May sober? Check in here for daily encouragement and to solidify commitment to protect the quit from alcohol.

Sober Mayites- Assemble!

Let's roll into May -"with calmness SW".

Comment

Sober Mayites- Assemble!

I'm in.... At least I keep trying..
      So nice to think about getting a month AF again. Got 11 AF days in what's 30 or 60 more?

I feel so good and don't want to ruin my natural nigh I am on. It Rawks... Like Hulk Rawks.

I'm skipping a 40th party and the husband will go by himself... Drunken gluttony is not on my fun favorite top ten things.
      But training is.. Eye of the tiger baby.

Comment

Sober Mayites- Assemble!

I'm in for May! Superhero rock star sober people.

BK - I see you in your grey sweat pants, arms uplifted, towel around your neck - a training machine. No point in drinking alcohol to screw that up.

Plan for May - more yoga and more frequent aerobic exercise. I can't run yet because of my knee (maybe never), but biking and climbing up long hills are in.

Glad to be here with you all.

Pav

Comment

Sober Mayites- Assemble!

Pav- you are so funny... Call me "Rocky" eye of the tiger. I wear shorts or tights so will have to get me a pair of grey ones now.

I sprinted my steep ass driveway this am.. It was a near death experience. Longest 15 minutes of my life. I am a steady state cardio expert. I would rather run 10 miles than sprint for 15 mins. :winkmonkey:
          But that does not build muscles like sprinting. So I will be working on embracing sprinting which I am sure once I get used to it... Once I do it for awhile.
          Just like not drinking.. If you do it for awhile.. You get used to not drinking.

I told my husband today that I would not be attending his friends birthday party. It made him sad. I don't why... He is a funny man. He doesn't want me to drink but when it is convenient he doesn't mind. He doesn't mind putting me in a position to drink when he wants too.
          I am not ready to be with a bunch of people drinking heavily.. I will either be grumpy or end up drinking.. I know myself and it's something I must do for myself right now. I know some people don't understand but it is what it is.
          I don't want to...
          I made a commitment to Scottish Lass that I would hang out with her for a sober May for her BD month. Made me feel good that she asked me. Funny how having a direct partner makes me feel more accountable.
          Not that you guys don't ... I don't what it is.. I think I feel safe with you guys and feel if I screw up you will love me anyway..

I think what happen last time was I felt like I did what I said made over my 30 day goal so I felt like that was enough..
          I am hoping I will starting feeling the joy of 30, 60, 90.. Deal....you know what I mean.

Comment

Sober Mayites- Assemble!

I am in! I don't get on here much but think about you all daily Still staying strong. I want more people to give up the bad AL and see how awesome life can be without that $h*t!.
            :earth: Tree23

Comment

Sober Mayites- Assemble!

Hi, SFx (love the handle - fits in with our rock star image). Of course there's room.

Glad you're still with us, Tree? Still house hunting?

BK - Hooking up with ScottishLass is a great idea. She is really doing amazing and is a good person to team up with. Don't forget us... Love your avatar.

Good night, Mayists! Day 2 down and dusted.

Pav

Comment

Sober Mayites- Assemble!

Oh, wait. Is down and dusted a drinking reference?

Comment

Sober Mayites- Assemble!

SF- no way would I torture you with sprinting. I'm just crazy that's all.

Hi Bloom!

Pav... I could not and would not EVER forget you guys.. Your my homies. I think sometimes on other threads I feel like I have parents that and sweet are warm and wonderful.
                  I am not sure I like my new avatar as much as my old one.. But it will do for now.

I'm doing good here in AF land.. It's weird no desire to drink. Maybe I hit my Nal switch I don't know. It's nice not to have fight the thoughts for now anyway,

Comment

Sober Mayites- Assemble!

Hi all, reporting in for May. Been increasing my "off line" time, except for work, so have not been as regular at checking in. Am getting away from the computer and into reading the paper (printed version!) outside in the sun with my dog by my side. Life is good.
                    Free at Last
                    "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Sober Mayites- Assemble!

Hi Mayites, hope everyone is well! I have been away from MWO for a few days, at a beachfront cabin with friends. It was a fun time, and I didn't drink.

I posted more recent thoughts on my Progress thread, here. https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...-42-77326.html

Anyways how's everyone doing? Sounds like our little group is busy with life, hope everyone is well!

Comment

Sober Mayites- Assemble!

Skull -glad to see ya back. Read your other post -excellent!.

You know Skull, at least for me, going to any function where alcohol seems to be of importance, can frustrate the hell out of me. Yes, I can get through and feel darn glad I did not drink when all is said and done, but I do find it challenging from a being "real" point.

If you get a chance, tell us a little more what went through your thoughts while everyone else was drinking.

Keep rolling Skull.

Comment

Sober Mayites- Assemble!

spiritwolf333;1657902 wrote: Skull -glad to see ya back. Read your other post -excellent!.

You know Skull, at least for me, going to any function where alcohol seems to be of importance, can frustrate the hell out of me. Yes, I can get through and feel darn glad I did not drink when all is said and done, but I do find it challenging from a being "real" point.

If you get a chance, tell us a little more what went through your thoughts while everyone else was drinking.

Keep rolling Skull.
                          Yeah, Spirit, it can be challenging for sure. Well, as to my thoughts over the vacation weekend while others were drinking... there was a few thoughts of "man, wouldn't it be better if I had 'a few'". Mostly just because I felt like a boring person. I felt boring, uncharismatic, dull, and uninspired to talk with people for the most part. Of course, these were all people I hardly knew so there was the first-meet awkwardness. But a lot of it was like "when I drink I'm more energetic and engaged and fun and chatty... wish I could be like that again". Like I was missing the social lubricant.

Of course, the old me would have drank myself into oblivion, staying up hours past everyone else going to bed, drinking til I passed out, and being too hungover to get out of bed the next day, racked with paranoia and anxiety. Which would have been terrible.

That said, the "wish I could" thoughts didn't persist for too long- they came and went and I wasn't tempted bc of the antabuse, which is the point of taking it. To disable the option. So now I'm pretty used to not having the option, so when those thoughts come up, I don't tend to entertain them or wallow in pity, it's just like "oh well" and I move on. It's a relief from the old days of white-knuckling it and praying I don't cave in.

Comment

Sober Mayites- Assemble!

SKL, you sound so good. I took an AB tablet yesterday as I knew I was going to have a stressful week with lots of social obligations. Needed some extra resolve. Am so grateful to have this as an option.

Made it to yoga class yesterday. How's the meditation, yoga practice, exercise effort going for everyone else?
                            Free at Last
                            "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                            http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Sober Mayites- Assemble!

Free- thanks! I do feel mostly pretty good- even through my most recent anxieties. Lately for some reason I'm going through a bout of anxieties over not being "good enough" lately, like I'm "less than". Strange that insecurities can continue to haunt us through our adult life... but yeah I just have to trust that I'm actually pretty fuckin' cool (said only kind of believing it lol)

Good on you for taking the AB, and for having the foresight to do so, which is the most important part. I hope you have a good week with all your obligations.

As for meditation, yoga, exercise, I have to admit I haven't done much. I keep meaning to but it all keeps falling off my radar! I seem to have a difficult time getting it to stick. I'll keep trying... thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Working...
                              X