Sober Mayites- Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sober Mayites- Assemble!

Very much still AF, started on 1st May so nearly a month for me now !
    New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Sober Mayites- Assemble!

DD, way to go, awesome work!!! Are you going to keep the momentum into June?

Comment

Sober Mayites- Assemble!

skullbabyland;1665551 wrote: DD, way to go, awesome work!!! Are you going to keep the momentum into June?
        Definitely yes, and then June, July forever in fact!
        New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Sober Mayites- Assemble!

May has been a really good month for this former alky. Attended one of my sons birthday celebrations _SOBER. Met with my mom _SOBER. My wife saw me SOBER on mother's day _SOBER.

Sobriety does have its perks. Not always easy -but always worth the results.

Comment

Sober Mayites- Assemble!

Almost June -thank you May. May brought me some challenges -thankfully. May also sent me some encouragement and good news. I am glad May treated me well. More than anything, I am glad that I did want to drink to the good news or the negative experiences. Progress for me.

Comment

Sober Mayites- Assemble!

Hi,

spiritwolf333;1666311 wrote: May brought me some challenges -thankfully.
              Way to go, Spirit! That really struck me today - challenges, thankfully. Challenges we can face head on without a fuzzy head.

I am IN for June. Today is 180 days for me, and on Monday, June 2 I will be 6 months sober. Truly amazing to me.

I look forward to seeing you all over on the June thread day after tomorrow.

Pav

Comment

Sober Mayites- Assemble!

And way to go, DD. You sound amazing. So happy for you!

Comment

Sober Mayites- Assemble!

Hi Pav, Spirit, DD, everyone else still on this thread- we made it through May! Onwards to June!

Comment

Sober Mayites- Assemble!

Hi all, quick update from me. I didn't make a completely AF May. Friends stopped by the apartment, unexpected, with wine to celebrate my upcoming retirement. On these occasions, I chose to have some wine with them. Nothing to excess, but I am working toward a completely AF life. Will be gone for much of the summer and in limited internet contact. Will update on the monthly threads when I can.
                    Warmest,
                    Free at Last
                    "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Working...
                    X