Current Articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current Articles

I was reading an article today about a man, Matt Bush, whose alcoholism robbed him of his dream of becoming an MLB player. He's in prison instead of on the field. I know some of us have had legal consequences from drinking, and those of us that have had close calls. Whether we were caught or not, putting ourselves and others in life-threatening situations is not ok. This is why we need to learn how to recover from alcohol. We have a responsibility in life to ourselves and others, and if we drink, we are taking risks that could take lives. Sometimes it's hard for us to picture us as that person in prison, but any of us could be that person.

If you come across any articles to share for quick reference to keep these real incidents current in our minds, articles that show how alcohol can be a dangerous and deadly drug and rob us of our ability to pursue our dreams or put a stop to our dreams, please post them. These stories are real, not fiction, and they don't have a happy ending.

From No. 1 draft pick to prison inmate: The Matt Bush story - One News Page [US]
    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Current Articles

Posted by Scottish Lass:

7 Things I Learned During My Year Without Alcohol*|*Kelly Fitzgerald
    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Current Articles

Posted by Mr. Bean, "The Addictive Truth"

http://www.lifeprinciples.com/pdf/Ad...emystified.pdf

Comment

Current Articles

This is a really good blog, "Stick a fork in me. I'm done."
        Stick a fork in me ... I'm done | My life without alcohol

Comment

Current Articles

Another talk show that we've been talking about and listening to is The Bubble Hour. Three women choose various topics on recovery and have special guests on air.
          Crying Out Now: The Bubble Hour

Comment

Current Articles

Another good blog...unpickled | Trying to secretly quit drinking – blogging for accountability. Please follow to help me stay the course.

Comment

Current Articles

J-Vo - That story on Matt Bush is heartbreaking. How terribly sad.

Comment

Current Articles

Sober Toolbox Additions

Comment

Current Articles

The Discovering Alcoholic — The Discovering Alcoholic is a top rated recovery blog covering alcoholism, substance abuse, treatment and recovery issues.

Comment

Current Articles

The Alcoholism Home Page

Recovery Stories

Comment

Current Articles

5 Health Problems Caused by Drinking Too Much Alcohol -

Comment

Current Articles

Yo Jvo,

Great thread, thanks. Useful stuff.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                        X