My brother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother

It seems anymore that all I do on MWO is take, take, take. There was a time when I felt like I gave something back. Now, not so much. All of my posts are a plea for help and support. I apologize. One day, I promise to pay you all back for your kindness. But here goes another one.

Many of you know that my brother is an alcoholic. Drank himself out of a job, a marriage - wrecked his relationship with his sons - same tired story. Anyway, he hasn't touched a drink in seven years. For a while his health seemed to improve. But recently he hasn't been feeling well. An hour ago, my mom called to tell me that it's cancer. Esophageal cancer. Very bad according to the doctors. The trach is in and they say it's never coming out. btw...did I mention that he was a smoker too. And the feeding tube is in place. I'm sick to my soul. My brother will never be able to talk again. The cancer is in his voice box.

He is my only sibling. I'm blessed enough to still have both of my parent alive. But I don't know how either of them are going to live through this. I heard it in my mom's voice tonight.

Thanks for listening...yet again. xx, MR
    Everything is going to be amazing

My brother

I'm so sorry, M.R. :l

Comment

My brother

What stage is his cancer in?
      I know a very nice man who has recovered completely from the same sort of cancer. He must use one of those faux "voice box" thingies, but he's doing well. Please don't give up hope. :l

Comment

My brother

You have faced so many tough challenges, Moss. I am so sorry your brother is so ill. Your parents are going to need so much from you. I hope you have some real life friends to lean on. We'll be here, too, offering what little we can. xx - NS

Comment

My brother

Oh M.R. - I am so sorry. :h:h Thinking of you. Don't ever worry about asking for help & support. We are here for you. :h
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

My brother

Thank you all for the support. Sorry, but just hung up with my mom again, and can't talk right now. Too sad. But can never thank you enough for the support.
            Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

My brother

Oh Moss, sorry to hear such terrible news. I'm putting in prayers for you and your family tonight before bed for strength for you, your brother and your parents. Please pm or call if you need to talk. We're here for you.
              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

My brother

Oh Moss - sending you positive energy. :l:l:l
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

My brother

Hugs to you and your family. :hug:

I don't know how religious you are, but my most comforting verse:
                  "Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
                  In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6.
                  "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
                  so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
                  :hug:

Comment

My brother

Mossrose you give way more then you realize. I am so glad you are here.
                    I feel for you. My thoughts and prayers are for you. :l
                    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

My brother

Moss, so very sorry to hear this. It must be an incredibly difficult time for you and your family, and my thoughts are with you. Please talk to us whenever you need a shoulder to cry on.
                      14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

My brother

My goodness, Moss, you have been thrown a lot of curve balls lately.

My thoughts are with you and your family. And because this is MWO, I will add - it will be so much easier for you to support your brother and parents because you are sober. How great is that?

xo
                        Pav

Comment

My brother

Moss please don't think of it as taking or giving, there are some times when you just need a bit of extra support and we're happy to give it if we can.

I'm so sorry you're going through such a rough time.

All I can offer are these :huggy
                          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

My brother

So sorry to hear this, I am sure it is so hard for you and your parents. You will all be in my prayers.

Comment

My brother

I'm sorry Moss,my thoughts are with you honey
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X