X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother

Oh Mossie - Anything you need, you let me know. We are all here for you :l
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

My brother

Well it has been a difficult day visiting my brother in the hospital. But then I got home and saw all these posts of support, and I felt so much love and care coming from each of you. It certainly made a tough day easier to bear. Things are not good, but my brother isn't giving up, so I'm not either. Just going to take everything ODAT. Funny thing - since my brother can no longer speak, we had to find different ways to communicate. It actually got so comical at one point, that we were laughing. Not really funny, but I guess you had to be there. I also learned that my brother finds it easier to write things than to say them. Might sound odd, but we had one the most loving, honest conversations today - something we haven't done well for a long time.
      Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

My brother

Moss so sorry to hear about your brother.... will keep you all in my prayers! :l

Comment

My brother

So very sorry to read this MR xx
          AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

My brother

Moss - just saw your post. I am SO sorry - sending you lorry loads of love and hugs and healing thoughts to your brother - what a shock for you all. But it sounds as if you are all taking it in stride and doing the best you can. I agree with what others have said - you are not taking - we are all just where we are at any one time and I think it is wonderful that you have the support from your friends here ..... you know where I am. PM me if you need to,

Hugs, Sun XX
            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

My brother

Very sorry to hear about your brother MR. It must be very difficult for you & your parents too.

Has there been a plan made for your brother's care? Does he have a family that can be involved too?
              I'll be thinking about you & your family. I am still coming to terms with losing my oldest brother last summer, it's hard.

Thinking of you,
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

My brother

Mossy
                so sorry to read your post... Maybe, just maybe he has a chance? I, too knew of someone that had the same and used one of those voice mechanisms. You are in my thoughts and hopes dear friend
                Sam
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

My brother

Moss praying for you and your family.

Comment

My brother

Sending love and prayers Moss. So sorry.
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

My brother

MR Your family are in my thoughts and prayers. You need to hang in there for your family during this difficult time.
                      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

My brother

MR i just found this post from you. I am so very sorry to hear about your brother. Sometimes life is just never ending with what it throws at us but we can only make the best of a bad situation with all the strength we can find.

Sending you an extra big hug and i'd pray for you if i was religious but nope im not! Sending you love and strength though. xxxxxxx
                        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

My brother

Moss Rose I am thinking about you; my kindred friend. This is the type of news that really pulls the carpet out from under you, eh.. It has to be torture for you to think of your brother suffering.

Try to stay as focused on moment by moment living if you can. I know it's hard.

xxx
                          "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                          Lao-Tzu

Comment

My brother

It's been a wild few days full of ups and downs. Things still look dire for my brother, however the doctors are holding out a wee bit of hope and we are grabbing onto it with both hands. My goal now is to try to reunite my brother with his sons before its too late. My brother was a terrible alcoholic, but he was never violent or mean. Even my SIL has admitted that. He just wasn't present - too busy drinking. During the divorce, I sided with my SIL. My brother was still drinking and my nephews were young and I wanted to keep them close to me and my sons. It sounds like I abandoned my brother. I did and I didn't. The situation was complex and messy and I was trying to do the right thing. But I never stopped loving my brother. And I always felt deep compassion for him. Back then, I was not drinking full-time yet, so I didn't completely understand.

But now my brother has been sober for seven years, and has tried to make amends. I understand his sons' anger. I really do. But they are not children anymore. They are men and they need to make a decision. Right now, they are still feeding off of my SIL's anger and bitterness, but one day, they will be older and wiser, and I don't want them to look back with regret. It's a mess. And I'm right in the middle.

As always, thanks for listening. I had to get this out because I don't want to have another sleepless, anxiety-filled night. Maybe I should just let it go. But knowing how hard it has been for me to try to repair my relationship with my son, I feel compelled to intervene. After all, time really is of the essence in this case.

Comment

My brother

OMG - I just read my last post and realized that if you look up "dysfunctional family" in the dictionary- you'll probably see a picture of us.

Comment

My brother

MossRose;1659066 wrote: It's been a wild few days full of ups and downs. Things still look dire for my brother, however the doctors are holding out a wee bit of hope and we are grabbing onto it with both hands. My goal now is to try to reunite my brother with his sons before its too late. My brother was a terrible alcoholic, but he was never violent or mean. Even my SIL has admitted that. He just wasn't present - too busy drinking. During the divorce, I sided with my SIL. My brother was still drinking and my nephews were young and I wanted to keep them close to me and my sons. It sounds like I abandoned my brother. I did and I didn't. The situation was complex and messy and I was trying to do the right thing. But I never stopped loving my brother. And I always felt deep compassion for him. Back then, I was not drinking full-time yet, so I didn't completely understand.

But now my brother has been sober for seven years, and has tried to make amends. I understand his sons' anger. I really do. But they are not children anymore. They are men and they need to make a decision. Right now, they are still feeding off of my SIL's anger and bitterness, but one day, they will be older and wiser, and I don't want them to look back with regret. It's a mess. And I'm right in the middle.

As always, thanks for listening. I had to get this out because I don't want to have another sleepless, anxiety-filled night. Maybe I should just let it go. But knowing how hard it has been for me to try to repair my relationship with my son, I feel compelled to intervene. After all, time really is of the essence in this case.
                                Oh, Moss.....:l:l I wish that I could help. I guess that all you can say to your nephews is just what you said here......that this is their chance and they won't be able to go back later & get this opportunity back.
                                Thinking of you & your family......:h
                                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X