Army thread Wednesday 7 May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our local councillor lives just round the corner.............I just pop round and egg his house if he gets stuff wrong.

Lord knows who I'm voting for in the Europeans..................or should I go all Stepford and get Mr JC to tell me.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

or spoil your paper

Comment

roxane;1658296 wrote: or spoil your paper
        Eeek no..........knowing me I'd be the one who got caught.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

its not illegal! its using your vote to protest. ive done it.

it isnt, is it?

Comment

no, it isnt. and they are counted.

The Backbencher We Need a 'None of the Above' Option for Ballot Papers

Comment

roxane;1658299 wrote: its not illegal! its using your vote to protest. ive done it.

it isnt, is it?
              Nope they just go in the bin.

I actually thought it was scribbling all over it or writing rude words........
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

scribble, leave blank, crumple up.

they should be counted, not put in the bin. is that what happened when you were a counter?

Comment

roxane;1658317 wrote: scribble, leave blank, crumple up.

they should be counted, not put in the bin. is that what happened when you were a counter?
                  Honestly if I did I can't remember...........but I did find this.

Spoilt papers are counted. If the result is close, the Returning Officer calls the agents and the candidates over to go through the spoilt papers to see if any are clear enough to be allocated to a candidate. At this point, rude comments will probably catch someone's eye.

There are usually a dozen or two spoilt papers at every election. What would be interesting, and newsworthy, would be if the spoilt papers went into hundreds, or even thousands. This would give the message that there is something seriously amiss with the democratic process, and all candidates would be wise to consider whether there are votes to be gained from these disgruntled people.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

indeed.

i know its a hard fought right to vote so i do. as a spoil. unless i have someone i want to vote for. havent for years.

i think a 'none of the above' would be better, but they dont want us to know that there is a choice other than tick for one of them.

i sound like a conspiracy theorist now :H

Comment

Spoiled ballots are counted and reported with the "proper" votes here. Too many people have died for the right to vote that spoiling a ballot paper is simply not an option for me. Let alone not bothering to vote.

Been thinking all morning that it would be so nice to sit outside with a glass of wine. Not a physical craving, more the euphoric recall that Byrdie talked about in Molly's What was it really like thread. Fuck. Will get over it, but fuck again. And it's not even nice outside - lovely and warm yes, but a gusty wind blowing
                      14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

xpost DTD i agree with you. a spoiled vote is a vote though. people not bothering is disrepectful in my mind.

Comment

fucking euphoric recall! al at its sneaky best.

Comment

Hello Mollyfangs.

Beautiful put, hun.

I had visions of Dreamy being blown round the garden clutching a precious glass of wine trying not to spill it.............because it would only be the one........right.

But Dreamy you posted your thoughts.

mollyka;1658334 wrote: last night at AA -- bloke I started at the same time as -- really nice fella - and he had really 'good' sobriety -- awful happy with it and he'd regained trust from his family employer etc. -- feckin drank 3 weeks ago -- no reason -- just ------ drank -- not a lot of it either --- but he drank ---- told me last night he is craving alcohol ever since -- like waking up craving - going asleep craving -- says he'd be better off drinking than the way he is now --- is even considering going back into rehab --- WTF??????
                            That's just like the man who brings us chocolate at work............after 3 + years thought a couple of pints of lager would hit the spot................2 weeks later he was swigging brandy out of the bottle by his bed first thing in the morning................he's just got another 6 months and finally stopped banging his head of the wall because he felt so daft.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1658335 wrote: Hello Mollyfangs.

Beautiful put, hun.

I had visions of Dreamy being blown round the garden clutching a precious glass of wine trying not to spill it.............because it would only be the one........right.

But Dreamy you posted your thoughts.

That's just like the man who brings us chocolate at work............after 3 + years thought a couple of pints of lager would hit the spot................2 weeks later he was swigging brandy out of the bottle by his bed first thing in the morning................he's just got another 6 months and finally stopped banging his head of the wall because he felt so daft.
                              haha! yes, hanging onto a tree branch trying to keep the glass upright.

sober reminders, thanks.

Comment

Bad Language alert

Late check -in :wavin:
                                NH gone to a meeting .................... good riddance.
                                I am seriously thinking of going sick for a few weeks folks.
                                I know I'm ungrateful but I am being bombarded with SHITE here - because they have let 3 people go.
                                The 2 we've been carrying for 2 years while they sit on their arses at home and the temp they brought in on 10k more than us FFS !!

I'm now being asked about my planned holidays - and who will cover then ? they can FUCK OFF !!

Timely reminders Molls & Jacks of why we should not drinkk :yuk:

Comment

Working...
                                X